Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted

Well can still see snow in lamposts in distance, but not sure if its just drifing from nearby roofs. Seems to have died down lately, think that might be it, unless that stuff off the east coast gets blown this way, the wind is still severe. Oh well happy days, Ive had another nice snow day, and its been good seeing it on the news all day. Next year the Polar bears shall roam freely on the pennine hills!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

None of the country got away with it today not even the Isles of Scilly, snow is more rare there than it is in the NW of England :D

http://scillywebcam.blogspot.com/

Posted

Prospects not looking good in the majority of the north-west for the rest of the week either, (except high groud and some eastern districts.)

Posted

For gods sake! All the snow has melted! I thought it was supposed to be cold all week with no daytime thaw? We've ended up with a nightime thaw for the 3rd time this winter. How crap. Has it even melted any where else?!!!

Edited by trickydicky

For gods sake! All the snow has melted! I thought it was supposed to be cold all week with no daytime thaw? We've ended up with a nightime thaw for the 3rd time this winter. How crap. Has it even melted any where else?!!!

Slight thaw here but most of the snow intact.Looks to be clearing away now and the skies are partly clear with temps hovering around zero.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

No thaw in my part of oldham although the temp has shot up fast from 0.2 to 2.2 c in the last half hour.

post-7665-1233642877_thumb.jpg

Just so you know that snow depth is up to my knees

:)

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

not here tricky!, we never had any to melt!! :)

Posted

All the snow has gone here.so i will just have to Waite till i fly out to the alps on Friday to play in the snow.

Posted
All the snow has gone here.so i will just have to Waite till i fly out to the alps on Friday to play in the snow.

Heavy snow swales 5inc lying in swansea,

Posted

Snowed heavily here over night, so sign of any melting yet. Amazing drifts with curls and waves. Will ask husband to take pictures when the sun comes up.

Shadowfax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
Snowed heavily here over night, so sign of any melting yet. Amazing drifts with curls and waves. Will ask husband to take pictures when the sun comes up.

Shadowfax

gutted!!! here in didsbury its all gone! when i left my house in middleton this morning a lot had gone just lots of ice!

those drifts are cool, cant remember the last time i waded through one of those!

green with envy me thinks!!!!

Posted

Yes, here too. We're very low-lying though so I'm not surprised. Hard frost has followed the thaw though!

I'm just hoping it won't thaw on the hills before the weekend so we can go sledging with the kids. Any reports from Hyde hill?

Andrew

Edited by alr1970

Posted

I'm on my 6th winter here in Central Lancashire and I still have not seen snow last for more than 12hrs or so on the ground. When was the last time it did (in central/west Lancashire, I know it does in Bacup/Rochdale/Oldham all the time) or indeed has it ever?!!

Yes, here too. We're very low-lying though so I'm not surprised. Hard frost has followed the thaw though!

I'm just hoping it won't thaw on the hills before the weekend so we can go sledging with the kids. Any reports from Hyde hill?

Andrew

snow line around 100m although it gets thicker the higher you go.Up around 190m here and there has hardly been any thaw and the temps have dropped off to around -0.5 here with a cold day on offer temps of around 2 degrees according to the meto and a hard frost tonight to follow.

edit around 6 icnhes with up to a foot in the drifts here

Edited by happy days

Posted
What a real shame last night was, had heavy rain what happened.

And whats happened to the snow risk later this week.

Was a shame, but from my perspective the main thrust was always going to go up the eastern side of the pennines at least we got something during the day which wasn't forecast as much.

As for the end of the week, I would say that the models go for cold with some precip around, again it will be down to the radar from Thursday night into saturday, we should hope for a NW element to the wind which might pep some showers for us although the low thats going to deliver looks like orientating again for the midlands with us missing out.

A bit fustrating I know but lets see.

As we have these local threads a view from an experienced guy like Carinthian would do for me, I haven't lived in the NW long enough to use history.

Edited by cheshire cat

Posted

What a bitter disappoitment and let down this non event for Blackburn turned out to be. What little snow we had as all but disappeared, should have expected it really. Bloody mild sectors spoil it again!!

Posted

snow melting fast on the wirral.sun is bright....still we had big funl ast night....what will it do today I wonder

Posted

After a beautiful 3inches in three hours last night, I woke during the night to see it was thawing away. Got up this morning and it was still covered but had melted away quite a bit during the night but the ice is just horrendous - with a temp of minus 2 this morning the school run was an absolute nightmare with the thick ice everywhere.

BBC has us down for heavy snow showers today, met office is the opposite so who knows!

Posted

I know I just did the school run myself...lucky the kids went through the doors on arrival..Do you think Wirral will get anymore snow???