Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
Been out to check again and it's coming down heavy again and we're up to 17cm now so it must be heavier than it looks on the radar. :D

ah fantastic :D not measured ours, cant imagine it is that much

Posted
Been out to check again and it's coming down heavy again and we're up to 17cm now so it must be heavier than it looks on the radar. :(

There are plenty of green/ yellow patches near us on Met Office radar James, just hope it pivots over our region & gives us a few more hours worth of the same!!

Posted
Its switching between sleety snow and heavy snow it's all very odd, some may say it's "even larger teapot-esque" :(

Yeah its strange, really heavy again here now, temperature has not risen anymore for the last hour, steady now at 0.3c, just hope thats all it will rise to or there will be no snow left by the morning. Still Bromborough should have some left tomorrow which is were I work so not all is lost :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
ah fantastic :( not measured ours, cant imagine it is that much

Well I was actually quite surprised thinking it was just going lighter but when I looked out I could see my footprints and the steps I had cleared had covered over already.

Posted
Well I was actually quite surprised thinking it was just going lighter but when I looked out I could see my footprints and the steps I had cleared had covered over already.

great stuff, its quite heavy here but not exactly big flakes!windy though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
There are plenty of green/ yellow patches near us on Met Office radar James, just hope it pivots over our region & gives us a few more hours worth of the same!!

I'm just worried about it turning to rain as it's still rising slowly, up to 0.3°C now, hopefully it won't go any higher.

Posted

Yep, can also confirm the snow has got heavier in the last few mins. Was a period of snizzle for a while (sort of like the equivalent of a snowy drizzle lol) but pepped up again now. Could be an interesting night ahead.

Posted
I'm just worried about it turning to rain as it's still rising slowly, up to 0.3°C now, hopefully it won't go any higher.

any idea what the dew point is?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

5 inches now on the grass. I didnt think the precip was due this far west. 0.4c I don't like that temperature. It has slowly risen a little something like 0.1c every 1 hour, Will it turn to rain here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Stopped snowing here... :( And radar looks iffy as well...

Posted
5 inches now on the grass. I didnt think the precip was due this far west. 0.4c I don't like that temperature. It has slowly risen a little something like 0.1c every 1 hour, Will it turn to rain here?

Its hard to say, my temperature was rising quite fast before but for the last hour it has held at 0.3c. Becuase its held steady i'm hoping thats all the effect the mild sector has on us around here. Lately the snow has turned back to more of the dry type so hopefully i'm right and it might stay as snow. 5 inches? you've done well there mate :(

Edited by SnowKidding

Posted
any idea what the dew point is?

Not at the moment as I'm having to use a temperature sensor that only records indoor/outdoor temp but I would guess it's becoming borderline.

Posted
Not at the moment as I'm having to use a temperature sensor that only records indoor/outdoor temp but I would guess it's becoming borderline.

still snowing nicely so fingers crossed

Posted
Getting rather warm here too - see my signature :)

if its warm there surely my temp will be warmer lol seeing as its coming from the east, defo still snowin

Edited by swainclubber

Posted

Wish they would start saying that the North West is being affected, im sick of hearing its a North-Eastern event. Met Office have apparently put out an Extreme weather event warning. I must admit its pepped up here somewhat. Would anybody care to join me on the veranda for a cup of Yorkshire Tea? :)

post-3616-1233608993_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1233609014_thumb.jpg

Posted
:) still snowing on the wirral....however its smaller flakes now...but its feels freezing outside just checked Edited by louloulou1964

Posted
Would anybody care to join me on the veranda for a cup of Yorkshire Tea? :wallbash:

That would be Ice 'Yorkshire' Tea lol :doh:

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Thunder, Heatwaves.

Good evening all. The latest from Kendal. On and off snow showers all day, accumulations about 2cm. However the temperature seems to have risen as lying snow is now thawing. Not snowed since 17.00hrs, and trying to rain now. Oh well, Son was happy to see at least something this morning. I can't see Kendal getting anymore now tonight. Hope I am wrong. P.S. Sounds like a decent bunch of people on this forum, hope to know about you in time. Regards.

Posted
Wish they would start saying that the North West is being affected, im sick of hearing its a North-Eastern event. Met Office have apparently put out an Extreme weather event warning. I must admit its pepped up here somewhat. Would anybody care to join me on the veranda for a cup of Yorkshire Tea? :wallbash:

What a beautiful sight Storm Animal!

Just popped outside and I really doesn't feel all that cold out there.. don't know what the outside temp is at the minute but weatheronline gives the dp at 1c... I just said to the hubby that it'll have turned to rain by the morning. Could well be before at this rate.