Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
Massive flakes of snow in New Brighton really impressive.

Not seen snow like this for years !!! :mellow::D:D:D

Posted
well it's been snowing hard for the last 2 hours and now the main roads are turning white and cars are going all over the show> I wonders if the gritting teams were told tonight was not going to be as bad

there was a change of direction, most didnt expect the upper cutting ne wind to change the direction of the snow, instead of it behaving and heading directly north and east, all its done is head directly north west. Not sure they could have known much about it really here. The good thing is everything from the south east is just feeding into the northwest in that northeasterly.

As for carlisle umm if you look at the time lapse radar on nw there seems to be 2 things happening. we have a low forming in midlands which is twisting the snow to the west north west from the southeast, and if you look to the north east..ie towards north scotland it just looks like a regular easterly. I think you may catch a shower or too, but most of the action is down to your southwest in liverpool.

Posted

Moderate snow for about 3 hours now, the Dales to my east should have a good few inches now. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

is the warm sector forecast to come west?

Posted

its absolutely beautiful outside, without measuring it looks like we have about 3 or 4 cm already from this one burst its not stopped snowing now for about 1h 45 mins..so 4cm is pretty fantastic in that time.

is the warm sector forecast to come west?

think someone said a while back the nw will stay in the cold sector all week..though of course that may well change..its the uk weather lol

Posted
Time to Walk the dog in Vale Park and then a stroll alongthe prom.

Don't lose the dog in the snow !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It is just me or did anyone see a flash of lightning then?

Posted

Just watching the news and it's still about London and the east.

Posted
but will it last all night???? or will it rain???

i doubt it will rain, since it will hit below freezing if not done so already in some places. Will it last all night? am not sure, so far it seems to be heading directly to us from the se and its been doing that for some time now..there was a lull in the se a bit back but now they are reporting snow again..i would love to say yes snow all night..but there are too many factors playing out here..things seem to be changing all over the place..lets keep our fingers crossed lol

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

Are you trying to set up a storm chase !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:)

Posted

We've had snow here for most of the day, got really light now, few inches still accumulated in places but all roads are clear. I don't envisage it getting any heavier although there is a lot of light precipitation around which might pep up?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

It's Just you :D

Just had continues snow for an hour and a half leaving 3cms to add to the 1-2 inches we already had, The flakes were huge!

Hopefully more to come? :)  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Oh right I just thought I saw a flash from the corner of my eye, it was probably someone flashing their headlight

Posted
It's Just you :)

Just had continues snow for an hour and a half leaving 3cms to add to the 1-2 inches we already had, The flakes were huge!

Hopefully more to come? :)

i reckon there could be a few more heavier showers, but from what i see on the radar its still going from se to nw :) still plenty of light snow about to keep the amount stacking up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry summers, chilly winters

Well it's been a bit disappointing here, got some overnight last night but nothing alse all day and theres very little left on the ground now, It was to be expected though, as we weren't and aren't forecast to get anything in the next 48 hours. Hopefully we will finally see our fair share later in the week.