Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
will it be cold enough to stick - all our snow has now melted

As long as its heavy enough it will stick and the temps will drop when it starts anyway, also it is coming at the right time with the sun going down the temperature is likely to fall anyway :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

well it's been sub zero here all day - the only place the snow has melted has been on treated roads. Very heavy falls, strong wind, big flakes. A few hours of this and the fact the sidestreets have now had all the sonw compacted to ice is going to make tomorrow a very interesting day indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I dont think the band in the east will hit us it's not really moving in a favourable direction. The Met office has it moving due north, which is about right.

Today has been so so, I've seen better westerly marginal events if I'm honest. We have had some heavy snow but its melted on contact with the ground although some snow still remains.

However for here at least, cloud breaks and/or clear skies will preserve any snowfall through the day as it dries out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Just started snowing lightly again here, but how can that big blob head nw'wards with a ne wind (acc to radar)?

Edited by snowdrifter

Posted

This is great, its very heavy and I certainly would not want to be in the rush hour in this!!! The main A62 trans pennine route is getting a hammering, expect traffic standstill soon

Posted
well it's been sub zero here all day - the only place the snow has melted has been on treated roads. Very heavy falls, strong wind, big flakes. A few hours of this and the fact the sidestreets have now had all the sonw compacted to ice is going to make tomorrow a very interesting day indeed.

watch what happens, there is a very large blob of snow moving gradually up the north sea coast near north yorkshire, since everything is moving in from an easterly i can see that heading west towards us as well...but it will depend on the timing i think, we might get hit with the warm sector earlier than we might like. hope not though..but if we dont that could be a lot of snow for the northwest heading in from the north yorkshire coast

Posted

Moderate to heavy snow falling continuously as the band is affecting us. The heaviest falls are in the midlands at the moment.

My friend in Birmingham has finished work early as they send staff home at 3:30pm due to deteriorating conditions.

Karyo

I dont think the band in the east will hit us it's not really moving in a favourable direction. The Met office has it moving due north, which is about right.

Today has been so so, I've seen better westerly marginal events if I'm honest. We have had some heavy snow but its melted on contact with the ground although some snow still remains.

However for here at least, cloud breaks and/or clear skies will preserve any snowfall through the day as it dries out.

LOL its already hitting me hard i now have a level 10 cm and its blzzarding :lol:

Posted

I think it will Stephen although the low is tracking north the percip seems to be curling around the top of it in a more westerly direction. I could of course just be talking rubbish :lol: just saying what I think is happening on the radar.

Edited by SnowKidding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Wow LoL Check out Thurs For NW England are we in for another Snow event

Maybe another 5cm Plus to add to current Totals :lol:

Posted
I think it will Stephen although the low is tracking north the percip seems to be curling around the top of it in a more westerly direction. I could of course just be talking rubbish :lol: just saying what I think is happening on the radar.

we are about to be hit by the big band of snow to our east, quite a large area of snow moving generally in this direction once it seems to hit a line

just as i type its starting to snow

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
I think it will Stephen although the low is tracking north the percip seems to be curling around the top of it in a more westerly direction. I could of course just be talking rubbish :) just saying what I think is happening on the radar.

I do hope you're right but playing some loops of the radar over the last few hours, its heading Ormskirk way rather than Wirral way, however that's not to say we won't see anymore snow just that we won't see the deep stuff that other have. Chances are it will be of rain tomorrow :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

We has a semi decent covering this morning(1-2cms) but most of it has melted now, it looks like we might get some in a short while according to the Met radar :nonono:

Posted

I know that this really isn't quite the right region - but once I recovered from the shock of a BBC1 weather presenter predicting 50cm for parts of the pennines, where on Earth can they mean?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
I know that this really isn't quite the right region - but once I recovered from the shock of a BBC1 weather presenter predicting 50cm for parts of the pennines, where on Earth can they mean?

I think that's most probably over the tops, but possibly a bit lower down could get 20-30cm you never know.

Oh and it's hammering it down here :D

Posted
I think that's most probably over the tops, but possibly a bit lower down could get 20-30cm you never know.

Oh and it's hammering it down here :D

its also heavy here, like i said before that line from hull to liverpool and moving westwards..and its readily sticking now too. looks like a whole lot of snow coming our way :(

Posted

Oh and it's hammering it down here :(

thought as much, though can't ever remember a presenter even hinting those figures :)

and strangely enough, hammering it down here too :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Seems to be alot of upset People in the East ATM LoL

Maybe not getting what they expected?

So my Question if it not Happening were it meant to be

Then were is it Heading.

NW England thats were bring it on :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
saddlewoth on the bbc NOW

On the nationals?

Posted
saddlewoth on the bbc NOW

send that westwards to us too, not being greedy we havent had any decent snow in decades lolol

snow still heavy here

Edited by NorthWest_Snow