Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
Liverpool getting another pasting atm, too bad the grounds wet

just looking at post code zoom again there is a large blob of dark red heading our way and its still intensifying too..its just heading westwards..fingers crossed that smacks into us we could get a big snowfall from it

Posted
Liverpool getting another pasting atm, too bad the grounds wet

Whereabouts are you in Liverpool, snowmanatee??

Edited by Hail Seizer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Here's hoping that the boys from the Met are wrong eh! Still snowing in Liverpool, settling readily. Moderate snow, with about 3-4 cms on grass (all grass rapidly disappearing) and about 3 cms on walkways. Roads had a thaw again before, but the temperature appears to have taken a slight drop, as the roads started to accumulate,(edges first, but showing definite signs of whitening.)

Edit* Snow once again intensifying.

Really? lucky so and so, that twice in the last four years Wavertree has had deeper snow than Heswall in an easterly snow event despite Heswall being much higher up :yahoo:

Posted
Really? lucky so and so, that twice in the last four years Wavertree has had deeper snow than Heswall despite Heswall being much higher up :yahoo:

steve its just pelting it down here, very much the same as hail seizer..got quite a covering on the grass, pavement white roads almost white again after previous melt

take a look at the nw radar a very intense and still intensifying band to our east moving straight towards us to the west that could produce something interesting..we havent seen anything as intensive as that here.

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
Really? lucky so and so, that twice in the last four years Wavertree has had deeper snow than Heswall despite Heswall being much higher up :yahoo:

Good luck Stephen. I'm new to the site, I lived on the Wirral for 35 years, till 2002. Moreton never really saw much in the way of snow, but am off over again tonight, working.

I played golf at Heswall golf course only a couple of months back..A lovely place, both the course, and the surrounding areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

Well we got maybe about 1cm overnight here - and it had mostly thawed as the day wore on. Showers on and off this afternoon. Now snowing for about half an hour and beginning to settle a little again. Please let it keep coming!

Posted
Here's hoping that the boys from the Met are wrong eh! Still snowing in Liverpool, settling readily. Moderate snow, with about 3-4 cms on grass (all grass rapidly disappearing) and about 3 cms on walkways. Roads had a thaw again before, but the temperature appears to have taken a slight drop, as the roads started to accumulate,(edges first, but showing definite signs of whitening.)

Edit* Snow once again intensifying.

Really? lucky so and so, that twice in the last four years Wavertree has had deeper snow than Heswall in an easterly snow event despite Heswall being much higher up :yahoo:

Amazing the difference from one part of the city to the next... I wonder how Childwall is getting on.

Our snow flurry has turned into a snow shower and it looks as though it's trying to stick. I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Yes Yes Yes heavy Snow and starting to Stick :yahoo:

Edit WHITEOUT CONDITIONDS

DOUBLE EDIT BLIZARDS :):) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted
Yes Yes Yes heavy Snow and starting to Stick :yahoo:

Edit WHITEOUT CONDITIONDS

DOUBLE EDIT BLIZARDS :):) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wait til that lovely dark red band hits us, thats going to be extremely interesting lolol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Moderate snow here in Southport! :yahoo:

Posted
...and you say it's not settling? It's quite appreciable here, only a couple of miles away!!

It is on grass and cars etc. but the roads an pavements are pretty wet so it's taking it's time

Had more than i expected we would today though so I'm happy, who knows there's the slight possibility we might get more

Amazing the difference from one part of the city to the next... I wonder how Childwall is getting on.

Our snow flurry has turned into a snow shower and it looks as though it's trying to stick. I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up!

Went through Childwall just before and it looked much the same as it is here, still a bit wet. It is starting to stick now though

Posted

Just started thumping down with snow at Norbreck, not sticking yet, but ground dry and if keeps coming at this rate will deffo get a covering. :lol:

Posted

coming down now more heavier than before :lol: certain parts of liverpool to my west are reporting very heavy snow like conditions to the point of white outs..it doesnt surprise me..wait for this nice deep red band hits us

Posted
Went through Childwall just before and it looked much the same as it is here, still a bit wet. It is starting to stick now though

Thanks :lol: I grew up there and have fond memories of a few snowy winters when I was a little girl.

Posted

Snowing heavily in Wythenshawe and i am just about to leave work and drive to Manchester. It should be an interesting drive! :lol:

Karyo

Posted
coming down now more heavier than before :lol: certain parts of liverpool to my west are reporting very heavy snow like conditions to the point of white outs..it doesnt surprise me..wait for this nice deep red band hits us

Slowed down a bit here now, hoping it will pick up soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Childwall will be getting pasted I imagine. Drunk snowball fights on the Hope Park campus without doubt!

In 2005 I went to uni on the bus and it was clear and sunny when I left Heswall, it started snowing in Prenton, but the ground was wet and it was melting on the pavements. Also in Liverpool CC it was wet with some wet snow. However once I got to Wavertree it was heavy snow with a dusting on the ground, and there must have been about 2cm in Childwall.

Snow showers carried on all day at the campus, then I thought this is going to be awesome in Heswall being higher up.

Instead what happened? It was raining when I got home :lol: :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Has slowed down a bit here but i think things maybe starting to intensify again where james? :lol:

I'm here lol, if it keeps travelling westwards then it will slowly die down, I'm hoping at this point though it starts to travel more northwards as there's more heavy precip is to the south.

Edited by James M