Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
Sticking to wheelie bins and decking. Keep going ! :D

Good luck Blackpool! It's not too heavy now here, though those classic (good) signs are all around, including the settling creeping up the drive, although the heat loss from the house had previously kept it wet. Roads also white now, with the exception of car tracks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
Childwall will be getting pasted I imagine. Drunk snowball fights on the Hope Park campus without doubt!

Went to College there when it was called Liverpool Institue of Higher Education! :D

I am very pleasntly suprised - moderate to heavy snow here and settling too. I do hope that heavy band curls round this way. This is the best its been here all day. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
wait til that lovely dark red band hits us, thats going to be extremely interesting lolol

Not Home yet Mate

Is that Red Band coming straight at us LoL :D

If So I think we are going to get battered (in the nice way Lol) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
Sticking to wheelie bins and decking. Keep going ! :D

Greetings friend!!! Looks like we're not totally left out after all! :) Got to go in case in gets too heavy - what a lovely thing to be able to say. :):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The flakes are extremely small now, not the big fat flakes of before, so not much chance of settling while it continues like this.

Posted
The flakes are extremely small now, not the big fat flakes of before, so not much chance of settling while it continues like this.

Yeah it is heavy but the flakes are small. Saying that it is settling here now, the roads are white

please don;t shout at the messanger guys - just letting you know what it's like here

Well you've got more than me :(

Enjoy.

Posted
Greetings friend!!! Looks like we're not totally left out after all! :( Got to go in case in gets too heavy - what a lovely thing to be able to say. :):)

Light to Moderate @ Norbreck, sticking to cold surfaces (ie car, coal bunker) roads still clear at the mo as not heavy enough, keep going..... :):(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Seems to have eased a bit here, but there is still a lot out to our east by the look of it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Now its starting to settle, with some very heavy blizzard like small snow flakes.

Very low visibility, and 0.2C this is more like it ;)

Posted
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL

Very light here. Looks heavier than it is on the prec maps. Hoping for more.

Posted

Well it seems that the band of snow hit more centrally than expected, still snowing here. Hope you like the pics, there are roads under that lot somewhere, I kid you not, it was more than waiste deep in parts & I nearly had Oldham mountain Rescue Team out looking for me! ;)

post-3616-1233595014_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1233595030_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1233595041_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1233595055_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1233595068_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1233595081_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1233595096_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1233595110_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1233595122_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1233595135_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1233595146_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1233595159_thumb.jpg

Posted

looks like i was right, the snow from the south east is being moved more westwards through the forming low in the midlands and a pretty strong ne wind. I think we could be in for some heavy snow for a good few hours yet.

That deep red band is about to hit us.

Its quite interesting that south liverpool has light snow, yet around 2 to 3 miles east from there we have big flakes and still very heavy. Dont be surprised if that stuff heading north curls around and heads back towards us, thats exactly to some extent what has happened to that band that a lot of people thought would be too far east, its now sitting on the cheshire gap pratically and still heading west at a fair clip, there is a lot of intensity to it..though it is tending to fragment a bit..but nice to see it slide right into the northwest.

hmm the band seems quite light in intensity on te latest radar return.

thats the meto one by the way,shouldnt we be seeign more yellows and greens on that map everything heading here from now on looks light?

I dont think it picks snow up too well on that radar..when ever i have been tracking snow, the intensity wasnt in the meto radar but was on the nw radar and borne out by seeing it happen outside lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
hmm the band seems quite light in intensity on te latest radar return.

thats the meto one by the way,shouldnt we be seeign more yellows and greens on that map everything heading here from now on looks light?

I think that could be it for the heaviest precip for us, everything is alot further west and moving through quicker than forecast so it's not surprising. The precip further east could still intensify but I think we would be at risk from the warm sector which is already being felt in the SE.

Edited by James M

Posted

Am I correct in saying this is not even the main band From the SE.

Just one of our members in Birmingham thinks it has not reached there yet :(

Posted

Anyone with a car want to go on a snow chase to somewhere locally hilly? :(

Posted

Getting Hit Hard now Really Heavy Snow and White out Conditions :(