Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
no snow in north wales just checked web cams

Not sure if you ever look at the free radars but this shows clearly why your still getting snow and probably will until after 11am :o Meteox Radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
Couple of inches, snowing lightly at present.

you sure about that ? I make it about 1 inch tops and that doesnt include the several lying inches already on the ground and the 1ft drifts here and there lol. :o

ah ok sorry about that loulou, it was part of the original band of precip moving up from the south, it kind of fizzled between mine and your area leaving that blob over you by the looks of it :) .

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted

Well I was right in my forecast of the south, east and higher parts of the region getting the snowfall again today. With some people reporting falls of a few cm's. Interesting stuff indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

There's still some snow on my Indian Azalea outside, does it care? nope it's actually not bothered at all, no damage. Houseplant? I dont think so :)

Posted
Im in the middle on the latest NW radar. If it just moves south a tad.

can anyone veiw this site, http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ im having trouble with it. Just getting this page cannot be displayed.

never heard of or seen that site before but they seem to have removed the site from the www or public html directory on the server .. You can still access it on http://raintoday.co.uk

Not a bad little radar that mate

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted

Light snow is fizzling out now after giving a dusting/slight covering here. We were lucky last night that the temperature fell below freezing and allowed even the light snow to settle.

On the other hand, we've been unlucky because the main area of precipitation was further east than forecast.

The radar shows some enhanced precipitation is south Wales moving to central Wales and west Midlands but i don't think it can push up here.

At the same time, the border/far north of England have another band of precipitation which has intensified. This is the cold front that is expected to move slowly south and pass over our region this evening but i doubt it will have much precipitation left by then, maybe another dusting in places.

Today's models and fax charts look a bit colder for the weekend and we remain under the 528 line. Sunday's Atlantic front may prove rather interesting as it bumps into colder air and it doesn't look like having as much mild air behind it as yesterday.

Brickfielder in the Model discussion thread said that there is also a possibility of a streamer from the Irish sea on Saturday, if the wind get's more northwesterly.

All an all, plenty to keep us interested in the next few days!

Karyo

Edited by karyo

Posted
Today's models and fax charts look a bit colder for the weekend and we remain under the 528 line. Sunday's Atlantic front may prove rather interesting as it bumps into colder air and it doesn't look like having as much mild air behind it as yesterday.

Karyo

Although on the precip charts it just looks like a weak front for sunday.

Edited by Thunder Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Starting to snow again here after 1hr break had constant light snow from 0530 this morning

until about 10.00 aprox covering of about 4cm.Not expecting much more but nice to see

What we got LoL :)

Posted
Light snow is fizzling out now after giving a dusting/slight covering here. We were lucky last night that the temperature fell below freezing and allowed even the light snow to settle.

On the other hand, we've been unlucky because the main area of precipitation was further east than forecast.

The radar shows some enhanced precipitation is south Wales moving to central Wales and west Midlands but i don't think it can push up here.

At the same time, the border/far north of England have another band of precipitation which has intensified. This is the cold front that is expected to move slowly south and pass over our region this evening but i doubt it will have much precipitation left by then, maybe another dusting in places.

Brickfielder in the Model discussion thread said that there is also a possibility of a streamer from the Irish sea on Saturday, if the wind get's more northwesterly.

All an all, plenty to keep us interested in the next few days!

Karyo

Kayro,

Good optmistic post. Its frustrating seeing and reading about the big dumps elsewhere!!

A dusting from light snow here to the North of Manchester.

Not expecting anything significant from the front coming down from the north. NW'ly streamer may be good in the south of the region, would be localised though. Lets hope Sunday's system can give a decent punch, it could be disingigrating fast as it comes into the cold air.

Posted

On the latest radar on rain today, it looks like that front from the north is gathering energy :lazy: . Im no weather expert, but it looks better than it did early this morning.

Mr data is that Saturday day/night.

Although im not expecting much on Sunday, as the front looks weak on the prcip charts.

Posted
Saturday 12z, I think but you can see a kink in the flow

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/tcgengifs/ukm/2009020500/slp10.png

Another one here at 72hrs

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/tcgengifs/ukm/2009020500/slp12.png

Is that around 18.00, if so i will have finished work and may be able to watch it develop.

Am i in the right thread for Cumbria, because people seem to be chatting South of me lol.

Stopped here now i hope there is not a major thaw between now and 4pm as the sun drops and the skies clear.

Dont think that front will bring anything here but im a bit confused that it seems to fizzle out as it moves south only them to re-intensify as it passes through the midlands.

i can only assume the band will have the intensity taken by the pennines.

snow fizzled out now in south liverpool. left a slight dusting but that will gone in half an hour or so.ah well nice to see the grass with a covering.no more expected for us i dont think.game over or now.whats the gossip for the weekend, are things looking goood or not??