Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
just to show just how localised it is - no snow at all here :wallbash:

south manchester didsbury wat has snow! been to wilmslow this morning and its snowing there too!

looks like this snow will clear!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
morning james, i can't believe how much we got (and are getting). The gritters only just managed to get up our lane last night. Virtually no thaw and now more on top.

Yeah we have been quite lucky as we could have very easily missed out and we've still got the rest of Feb to go yet which could potentially be cold and snowy.

Posted

Its a real shame this band of ppn could'nt have just edged slightly more northwards (a big ask I know.) It would have gven the north west a taste of what everyone else has had this winter.

For me, and a lot of people it has been a helluva long time since seen even a few inches, which so many others hae had this week.

Yeah we have been quite lucky as we could have very easily missed out and we've still got the rest of Feb to go yet which could potentially be cold and snowy.

Prospects don't look great for the majority of us in our region (again) for significant snowfall in our part of the region - including the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
just to show just how localised it is - no snow at all here :wallbash:

It doesn't seem to have reached you yet.

Posted

Such a shame the ppn has died out in intesity, granted favourable spots may see some light/moderate snowfall which will be a suprise to many!

By all accounts parts of midland and southern/central England have woken up to several cm's of snow this morning.

When will we get our turn?

Edited by Hot*Snow

Posted
Its a real shame this band of ppn could'nt have just edged slightly more northwards (a big ask I know.) It would have gven the north west a taste of what everyone else has had this winter.

For me, and a lot of people it has been a helluva long time since seen even a few inches, which so many others hae had this week.

Prospects don't look great for the majority of us in our region (again) for significant snowfall in our part of the region - including the weekend.

You seem determined to lump the rest of the region in your misfortune, the NW of England is a big place you know. It's unfortunate you haven't seen much but there are worse places in Britain, as for the rest of winter if the Stratospheric warming thread is anything to go by we could be in a for a very cold end to Feb.

Posted

There is a split in the north west of England to the areas taht have/have'nt seen snowfall.

The south and east of the region have faired well - Cheshire, parts of Merseyside, East Lancashire, South Manchester, Higher ground - parts of Cumbria.

Whilst - Some parts of Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Western/central/northern Lancashire, parts of Cumbria have seen either nothing or minimal amounts of snowfall that has'nt brought significant accumulations.

Hot*Snow

Posted
You seem determined to lump the rest of the region in your misfortune, the NW of England is a big place you know. It's unfortunate you haven't seen much but there are worse places in Britain, as for the rest of winter if the Stratospheric warming thread is anything to go by we could be in a for a very cold end to Feb.

It seems to be central & west Lancashire that regularly misses out. At the start of the week it snowed heavily all around us but somehow I didnt get a full covering. Mind you, I've lived here for 6 winters now and it hasnt snowed properly (i.e 10-20cm lasting 48hrs+) the whole time. Just the way it is I suppose, you lot in the Saddleworth area seem to be catching plenty though, enjoy.

Posted

Well nothing here in Chorley or Preston, and looks like if it does reach these areas then it won't be more than a dusting. Oh well one day our time will come and everyone who has got it have fun and stay safe <_<

p.s Hot*Snow - where abouts in Lancashire are you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

still coming down in didsbury not too fine but quite moderate falls, good dusting everywhere, quite pretty!!!!! snow make the biggest sh**holes look nice!

Posted
Well nothing here in Chorley or Preston, and looks like if it does reach these areas then it won't be more than a dusting. Oh well one day our time will come and everyone who has got it have fun and stay safe :rofl:

p.s Hot*Snow - where abouts in Lancashire are you?

Just outide Bolton, Lancashire.

(and not on high ground!)

*Note recieving some light snowfall although certainly nothing major and no accumulations.

Posted

Morning NW NWers.

My route this morn.

Hale - Light grains at 7 - Steady snow now

Manchester City - Light snow

m62 (past Mr Data - Steady snow

Birchwood - Light snow.

Looks like we'll get a bit till lunch then it might turn to rain.

James M - Good post a GH would deliver for us, last two weeks of Feb could be very good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Now Moderate Snow falling here Flakes getting bigger :rofl: Bring it on Local forecast just

Said wont clear until this Evening from the south of the Region :D

Posted
Just outide Bolton, Lancashire.

(and not on high ground!)

*Note recieving some light snowfall although certainly nothing major and no accumulations.

Fingers crossed for you today, although not in a great place you may still catch the edge of the band stalling over you. The radar shows that it should be snowing here but nothing as yet...and in all honesty it's not even feeling too cold out there but can't say the temps as am furtively typing this as work :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

You having a laugh? A real taste, you can't get much more real than 6 inches now can you. That made me happy.

Well Well Well... This was not expected now was it? The band of snow moved 40 miles more North than expected and has left me with 4cm's :D . It started at about 5.30am and is still snowing! Going to be a fun day in school :rofl:

Edited by Hancock

Posted

WEATHER FORECAST TODAY: NORTH WEST ENGLAND

A band of light/moderate snowfall will affect southern and eastern parts of the region which may give slight accumulations in places and significantly more on higher ground. This will gradually weaken in intensity during the morning leaving a dry cold day, with temperatures just getting above freezing. This evening and tonight will remain dry and clear, with temperatures belowe freezing leaving most areas with frost and ice.

NEXT FEW DAYS:

Friday will be mostly dry and cold, again with a hard frost overnight. Into the weekend Saturday could see some wintry flurries fo some, however, these will be light and patchy in nature and should'nt cause too many problems. On Sunday could see a band of rain pass through the region (still uncertain at the moment) which could produce some snow over higher ground with rain and possibly sleet at lower levels.

And thats your forecast.

Edited by Hot*Snow

Posted

Snowing lightly in Bacup when I left and got progressively heavy as I drove towards Bury. Still snowing in Bury and covering the frozen ground easily. Difficult to see on the radar exactly which way what is left below manchester will go, hopefully Northwest, but that seems unlikely, never mind, still have loads at home and that's all frozen solid now.

Shadowfax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Looking at things this Morning i think this system is now going to Stall giving parts

of the region Light sometimes moderate Snow for most of the Day,This clearing

Northern Areas by about 1600 hrs but perhaps not clearing the south of the region

until about 20.00 hrs this evening.BTW NW forecast on BBC Seem to back this up.

Posted
Looking at things this Morning i think this system is now going to Stall giving parts

of the region Light sometimes moderate Snow for most of the Day,This clearing

Northern Areas by about 1600 hrs but perhaps not clearing the south of the region

until about 20.00 hrs this evening.BTW NW forecast on BBC Seem to back this up.

Edited by Hot*Snow