Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

This is turning out to be the best Snow event for me for years still Snowing moderatly

would give a rough guess of aprox 4cm on all surfaces ATM.Just goes to show how

Snow Starved this part of the region has been LoL 4cm and heres me getting excited.

If i get to 10cm now that would really make me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This is turning out to be the best Snow event for me for years still Snowing moderatly

would give a rough guess of aprox 4cm on all surfaces ATM.Just goes to show how

Snow Starved this part of the region has been LoL 4cm and heres me getting excited.

If i get to 10cm now that would really make me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:D

Nice one buddy thats great news for you!!!

Still moderate/light snow here only about 2 cm but its topping up the 7 or 8 cm i already had.

Posted

Yeah you're part is doing well mate. Certaily the most favourable location.

Check out my earlier forecast over the next few days. The ones I have done so far hae been suprisingly accurate.

Although in my forecast from last night:

(1) I sligtly under-estimated how much snow there would be.

(2) Did'nt forecast to come as far west as it has, granted that here it has been extremely light in nature.

Edited by Hot*Snow

we got a better dumping than i expected here in warrington and its still coming down??

I would hardly call it a dumping! It's about a centimetre and not settling on all surfaces, it even looks like it's thawing on pavements.

Anyway, the modern measure of a dumping is how many schools are closed!

Posted

Good morning.its been snowing in the Wirral since about 7.30am...its very light ...we have a covering...weather man says it will be off and on all day.sky looks full of the stuff :D weather man says next 10 days in the north west will be wintery

Posted
Next 10 days? That's sticking his neck out. I wouldn't want to call further than Sun/Monday

well!!!!! thats what he said wintery conditions for the next ten days?????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

A dusting at best Im afraid, and generally beginning to melt on concrete, so most places are wet rather than white now. The snow should pass through in half an hour or so.

Posted
A dusting at best Im afraid, and generally beginning to melt on concrete, so most places are wet rather than white now. The snow should pass through in half an hour or so.

Same situation here mate.

Posted

Theres currently a cooling trend going on with upper winds at 60' going from Westerlies to Easterlies coming from Siberia, the last time this happened was before Christmas when we had the period of intense cold that froze lakes and canals. The trend is expected to occur for at least another 2 weeks and can be followed in this thread here http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...0&start=510

Posted

Slightly more than a dusting here but not much of a cover. Still snowing though only light in nature. This event has been well modelled and well forecast in my opinion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
still snowing in Bromborough...however very light now..hope your wrong Mr SP

I'm going by radar at the moment, there's an outside chance it could be wrong though it has been before but the precipitation line is very thin indeed.

Posted

coming down a little bit more in Bromborough and still settling on grass,bins walls,and a little on the road.

Posted

coming down a little heavier now but still melting on bare surfaces with a slow thaw setting in anyway. Currently +0.5C :o

Posted

Coming down heavier in Bromborough too...SP....where is it coming from??and dont say the sky....lol

Posted
Coming down heavier in Bromborough too...SP....where is it coming from??and dont say the sky....lol

Im not sure to be honest (I presume southwards) but without the radar playing ball I can't say why really.

Posted

It was absolutely beautiful this morning!! The sky thick with snow, two inches of crisp, crunchy snow on the ground, gridlock in the town centre, it was great! Over near Manchester Airport now and they've got just a covering - knew I should have stayed at home today!!

Posted

3.3 deg.C in my location any fallen snow has long gone.

The light snowfall today did'nt bother me much, as I only got an extremely light dusting.