Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
You are right it is amazing! Snow is the deepest I have ever seen it but Croydon must be totally wiped out!?! Any chance more snow coming this way?

99% of vehicles on my road are snowed in. I measured 28cm snow depth outside and that height will not be good for cars.

It does not appear the snow band part 4 :o will edge West in your direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just been out to check whether all our lovely snow is melting, no chance... :o It's sleeting very slightly and certainly doesn't feel any warmer at all plus dewpoint's steady at 0 ° C.

If (please just this once) it holds on and freezes overnight, tomorrow will be my ultra-favourite sort of day — deep snow and sunshine :D

Posted

Not sure why we aren't getting some of your St Albans snow here in the Chilterns- you are not that far away. We had plenty during the afternoon, now just tiny grains but at least its snow and not wretched rain ! There was a lot of talk in the media this evening about massive amounts of heavy snow for the rush hour over a wide area of the south east. Where has it gone? :o

Posted
Ahh well, looks like I missed most of this afternoons snow. No falling snow for the last three hours. As others have said though, the chance of some more snow later this week, although, it looks at the moment to be a wet snow event according to PC on BBC South East forecast.

The wet snow may change by Wed, Thur, Fri

Posted
Not sure why we aren't getting some of your St Albans snow here in the Chilterns- you are not that far away. We had plenty during the afternoon, now just tiny grains but at least its snow and not wretched rain ! There was a lot of talk in the media this evening about massive amounts of heavy snow for the rush hour over a wide area of the south east. Where has it gone? :lol:

I think it's a convective setup/streamer or something so wouldn't affect you.

Posted

Down here near Tunbridge Wells and the East Sussex/Kent border, we have light snow continuing, and it is genuinely snow, no doubt. Very cold out now so no thawing happening. We'll be waking up to a nice thick blanket of snow tomorrow.

Posted

Potentially lethal conditions are likely in the morning, especially for those areas that are experiencing a thaw right now, like we are here. With temperatures dropping below freezing later tonight, it will soon freeze up again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers, cold winters, snow, some severe weather to liven things up...

A bit of a sleety shower at the moment but it won't melt away whats on the ground as the temperature seems like its falling

Posted
Down here near Tunbridge Wells and the East Sussex/Kent border, we have light snow continuing, and it is genuinely snow, no doubt. Very cold out now so no thawing happening. We'll be waking up to a nice thick blanket of snow tomorrow.

Yes, it is quite amazing - especially as the radar no longer shows any continuous snow stream. I expect it really is on its last legs now.

The temperature has been below freezing point all day - and is now starting to drop again, so whatever is left for us will be snow.

MM

Posted
all our lovely snow in Essex is going :lol:

will it be a complete thaw here ???

i love Braintree in the snow has been fab

How much snow do you have?

I doubt it will all go, temperatures will fall away again later tonight. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

Light rain in Saffron Walden now and has been for a while. Quickly thawing...............A nice day of snow - why couldn't there have been a second?........

So disappointed. :lol:

Posted

Well what a day! :D

Work has been horrendous, Van had to be dug out 3 times and that was just on housing estates in Braintree! :lol: Must have been close to a foot of snow and definatly the most since the late 80's, it continued all day.

Turned to rain now and tbh im rather glad, driving today has been no fun at all and as much as i love the snow i can't wait for the roads to clear up again.

What sort of depths have people recorded to save me reading the whole topic?

Matt :D

Posted
How much snow do you have?

I doubt it will all go, temperatures will fall away again later tonight. :lol:

i think at least 20cm here i love it but its thawing fast,ice could be horrible tomorrow

Posted

The 16cm here is thawing slightly now and there's a bit of very light drizzle. I expect skies will clear and it's going to be very cold and very icy tonight and tomorrow.

0.2c.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
i think at least 20cm here i love it but its thawing fast,ice could be horrible tomorrow

You should still have some for tomorrow! :lol: The ice will be horrendous.

Posted
You should still have some for tomorrow! :lol: The ice will be horrendous.

Paul.B just a quick note....Is thursday a good chance for snow...or tomorrow for Glos..or is it over.

thx,,,

Paul.S.......lol...........Ive only had 1 and a half inch :lol:

Edited by dogs32