Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Got some more light snow here again now, mostly just blowing about in the wind, temp still dropping tho, currently

-1.1C

Posted

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I've just noticed that the Meto have increase the risk of a severe snow event from low to moderate for Thursday.

"South West England: Devon

Dorset

Somerset

Drifting Snow & Heavy Snow Thu 5 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe event affecting parts of Wales and the southern half of England. Further snow spreading from the south may give additional accumulations of 2 to 5cm, perhaps 5 to 10cm locally. Drifting could occur in strengthening northeasterly winds."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

heavy snow here, strong gusty winds :doh:

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I've just noticed that the Meto have increase the risk of a severe snow event from low to moderate for Thursday.

"South West England: Devon

Dorset

Somerset

Drifting Snow & Heavy Snow Thu 5 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe event affecting parts of Wales and the southern half of England. Further snow spreading from the south may give additional accumulations of 2 to 5cm, perhaps 5 to 10cm locally. Drifting could occur in strengthening northeasterly winds."

Just been on there and Wales has now been 'downgraded' to a low risk! Looks like Thursday will be a no-no I am afraid. Hope not.

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

post-8911-1233681675_thumb.png

:doh: how did we manage to get the clear spot between them.

sob sob.

Is there going to be much shower activity tonight?

Posted

I can remember snow showers moving from the N/NE/NW/W/E and frontal snow as the fronts head up from the South. But I cannot recall a day when snow showers have moved up from the South, this IMO is a very exceptional occurence to have cold enough air in place for it to happen.

Very heavy snow in the last 10 mins, all previously melted surfaces are re-covered with about half an inch of fresh snow already!

EDIT : Mullender, maybe you'll get some from the further South shower that's in between the others?

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Well theres clouds producing snow here at the moment, moving roughly NE, so I guess Exeter should get some in a bit, if not already and then upwards and onwards for the rest of you! :doh:

I can remember snow showers moving from the N/NE/NW/W/E and frontal snow as the fronts head up from the South. But I cannot recall a day when snow showers have moved up from the South, this IMO is a very exceptional occurence to have cold enough air in place for it to happen.

Very heavy snow in the last 10 mins, all previously melted surfaces are re-covered with about half an inch of fresh snow already!

EDIT : Mullender, maybe you'll get some from the further South shower that's in between the others?

Would they be heading near my way then?

P.S. http://gfs.netweather.tv/gfs.20090203/12/114/uksnowdepth.png !

Posted

will that head to devizes?

Posted

What is the latest news on the severe weather for Thurs/Fri? I need to know as i've got to advise parents whether or not their pre-school will be open or not. Already have to close for tomorrow due to black ice and our playground is on a slope so you can imagine the carnage.

Do i tell them the school will be closed Friday as well?? :doh:

Posted
The system that's coming up from the South is on us (Clevedon) 20 miles south of Bristol and its rain. :doh:

Clevedon too close to the coast, Yatton mind you five miles away was sleet and snow.

Posted
Would they be heading near my way then?

P.S. http://gfs.netweather.tv/gfs.20090203/12/114/uksnowdepth.png !

Not a downgrade for wales

MED risk of severe event

Low risk of exceptional event.

Not changed since 12z today

london event only become Med for exceptional less than 24hours before.

These warnings are about right and will only become HIGH if looks same closer to the time.

This is how it looks if things carry on as predicted as with current data, It will change, maybe areas or maybe to high risk.