Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
really hoping there is more snow in cardiff! :lol: anyone if there is more to be expected?

nothing on the radar mate. you may get a shower coming off the channel, as the wind is now southerly, but it'll probably be rain now. I noticed the temps going up on my car thermometer as I was struggling home.

we'll have a slow thaw now I suspect.

There is a low risk of an exceptionally severe event affecting parts of Wales and central England. There is a low risk of exceptionally heavy snow giving accumulations of 10 to 20cm, with drifting possible in strengthening northeasterly winds. As yet there remains considerable uncertainty in the areas more likely to be affected but further updates will be issued as the situation becomes clearer.

Issued at: 1148 Tue 3 Feb

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/...t_warnings.html

Edited by RAIN RAIN RAIN

Posted
Very sad now, temp has risen to 4 Deg C and the snow has started to melt. Gutted.

So where abouts in Wales are you. 70m asl is my level.

Posted
There is a low risk of an exceptionally severe event affecting parts of Wales and central England. There is a low risk of exceptionally heavy snow giving accumulations of 10 to 20cm, with drifting possible in strengthening northeasterly winds. As yet there remains considerable uncertainty in the areas more likely to be affected but further updates will be issued as the situation becomes clearer.

Issued at: 1148 Tue 3 Feb

Yep thats a great upgrade from ukmo. Thats what the fax charts were about that i posted here few hours ago.

Low risk of extreme event mod risk of severe event for wales.

I will continue to post the fax charts as the situation gets nearer if people want me too, with added detail explaining what and why on them for newbies on here so they hopefully will stay and join up.

If anyone wants me to do this and attempt another forecast then i will.

Posted

12cm of snow in the Garden where drifting has occurred 24cm here at it deepest - Worst snow since quite a lot - 0C with wind gusting 43mph so feels like -9C outside - Buses won't even get to my villlage - May see more snow later on and even more on Thursday and Friday......

hello lol noe worrys about where camborne is between truro and not as far as panzance in the middle...thanks wintery showers wat rain or snow showers...? lol sorry

I say wintry showers as there will be a mix of rain, sleet and snow showrs, possibly reverting back more to rain by the end of the day.

as an example after the heavy snow here earlier, we have had a mix of sleet,snow and graupel (more like balls of ice), which hasn't been helping with the lying snow.

Pyro - the fax charts do look promising and the UKMO upgrade is also good.

Posted

Hi all

Had a bucket of snow this morning, my factory in cwmbran was shut and everyone sent home!!!

And that hasnt happened for years! 200 odd happy people

Anymore to come??

WW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Sunny spells now after the heavy snow, some hail showers

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well, its stopped, 10cm total depth, so the previous lot has already melted quite a bit (7cm), as there has been 5cm fresh past couple of hours. Thaw underway as wind turns southerly and sun starts to appear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Brilliant blue skies and sunshine here all morning, wouldn't say no to it clouding over and getting more snow though....still cold at -1.

We ended up with about 3 inches, more than I was expecting. Been out with the camera, here's a few pics:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=53346

Posted

has anyone just seen the bbc news 24 weather?? all i can say is if it came off it would be 100% worse than yesterday and today for the south west Wales and the North west .... BRING IT ON.. :cold:

this was for wed into thur..

So what do we all think on here ...

lol kaz xxx

Posted
has anyone just seen the bbc news 24 weather?? all i can say is if it came off it would be 100% worse than yesterday and today for the south west Wales and the North west .... BRING IT ON.. :yahoo:

this was for wed into thur..

So what do we all think on here ...

lol kaz xxx

Yeah, just watched it in our work reception area. Looks v.interesting but exact locations re heavy snow will probably not be known until a few hours before the event. But going from that BTL will be hit massively!! :cold:

EDIT: Thomas 'whatshisname' on news24 was more bullish than the official meto warning that's been issued in the last hour for thursday. Who will be right?

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Snowing again here in Broadstone after a spell of rain.Snow melting fast on the ground now

Posted

Am loving this.......Thursday, low risk of exceptionally severe event, exceptionally heavy snow! Exceptionally heavy! I know the risk is shown as "low", but even so........!

......and Friday........moderate risk of a severe event!

I will continue to post the fax charts as the situation gets nearer if people want me too, with added detail explaining what and why on them for newbies on here so they hopefully will stay and join up.

If anyone wants me to do this and attempt another forecast then i will.

Yes, please do. Not only for the newbies either.....I've never understood the fax charts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Yeh! It's bucketing it down again here, probably just a shower though.