Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
Not convinced it will make BTL; i reckon it's just going to swirl around N.Devon and s.somerset for the morning, picking up moisture of the atlantic and b.channel

Yeah you good be right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
Get out there before it falls off the trees...looks stunning in the sun shine....just hope the sun does not last <_<

Any body got any views of where all this lot is heading or what direction???? cos it looks awsome...post-9454-1233650008_thumb.jpg

Just thought I'd try and get to work - couldn't even get the car out of the parking space as I live on a hill!

Anyway, the echos to our West are rotating up into South Wales. It's what's coming in from the English Channel we should keep an eye on:

post-892-1233650818_thumb.jpg

I got one of those echos this morning at it was quite heavy. As the people in Poole/Bournemouth will testify. They are travelling NE at the moment but will start to come from a S-ly direction.

Edited by Mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Blizzard conditions out there, strong winds and heavy snow, most schools are closing around swansea area. Some shops also closing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Wow..

6 inches here in Sherborne, North Dorset!

-2.8 outside.

Looks amazing..

Kids all out in it making snow angels and snowmen....all school locally closed!

Roads are dangerous.....

take care all

Enjoy it while it lasts!!!

x x x

Forgot to say, snowing lightly occasionally!

Edited by Mumbles

Posted

Extremely heavy snow falling here, and I'm used to heavy snow in this part but aint seen it like this in my lifetime.

Currently have around 18cm of snow on grass and garden in places and paths have a goot 4 inches on including roads. Very exciting here are some pictures.

post-6408-1233650993_thumb.jpg

post-6408-1233651007_thumb.jpg

post-6408-1233651031_thumb.jpg

post-6408-1233651043_thumb.jpg

post-6408-1233651069_thumb.jpg

Posted
Extremely heavy snow falling here, and I'm used to heavy snow in this part but aint seen it like this in my lifetime.

Currently have around 18cm of snow on grass and garden in places and paths have a goot 4 inches on including roads. Very exciting here are some pictures.

18cm? Looks like a couple of inches at most!!

About 3 inches overnight and anther inch has fallen in the past hour or two, still belting down although slightly wet, but still accumulating.

Near blizzard conditions, like you would see watching the skiing on television.

Posted

SY20 (Machynlleth) has about half to one inch in places. Stopped snowing there abouth half hour ago when I left for work.

SY23 3BT (3 miles east of Aberystwyth) has about the same. Trying hard to snow, but failing, and there's lots of blue sky with scattered clouds.

Impster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Heavy snow in North Cardiff again at 200meters. On top of the 8inches of snow already. Might get 10-11 inches with heavy showers today. Still well be below.

Posted

Barry's had about 2 inches in the night'looked aout the window at 3am and it had stopped but looks like it could start up again very soon'going very dark out side

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

Belting it down in north devon. About 3 inches in the last. Just been out and its amazing. Everywhere is coverd. Cant believe people are out driving on the roads as there coverd thick.

Great day though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Blizzard conditions and drifting here, anothe inch has fallen in the last 40 minutes

Posted

Yes them photos were taken at around this morning i will take more when the snow stops falling, its just been really heavy with drifting for the last half hour non stop and looks like more is on the way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

dry and sunny here in somerset. current temperature is -1.9c

Posted

this is a real wow moment its even started to pile up on my patio windows will have to go and see how deep it is.. big flakes coming down it is lovely out there unless you have to get somewhere

kaz x

Edited by kaz

Posted
Blizzard conditions and drifting here, anothe inch has fallen in the last 40 minutes

Similar in Pontyates. Snow blowing off roofs and across roads etc. Still -2deg at 113m asl. Conditions have worsened significantly in the last hour. What's most surprising is that it's still so cold and that these snow bands are actually heading in off the sea from a SW direction. Just goes to show the value of low 850s and a relativiely warm sea giving them all that extra energy!

Posted
this is a real wow moment its even started to pile up on my patio windows will have to go and see how deep it is.. big flakes coming down it is lovely out there unless you have to get somewhere

kaz x

Any idea if Cardiff will get any snow this morning?

Posted

Also, is there anyone who could offer some ideas for the forecaast for next 5 hours in SY20 8EZ area (Machynlleth)?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Snowing again, though lightly.

Looks like plenty of echos coming from the channel that are strengthening as they make landfall.