Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Posted

OkOk it has turned to snow.

I'm at Cupar.

I was gutted when I got up this morning and looked at the radar, I'm going hillwalking today and all week Saturday has been forecast to be dry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

it's looking like there may more snow coming down from the north through the morning

as long as the dew point stays long enough there may be more decent accumulations

where is our met office????

and where is there flash weather warning??????? :D

Posted
it's looking like there may more snow coming down from the north through the morning

as long as the dew point stays long enough there may be more decent accumulations

where is our met office????

and where is there flash weather warning??????? :D

Where was the forecast full stop?!

"isolated snow show showers"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Welcome back Catch...I do feel your pain. All of yesterday's 1" was washed away by overnight rain and sleet... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
Where was the forecast full stop?!

"isolated snow show showers"

it was on sky news, actually

bbc are hiding behind their terrible graphics

Posted
it was on sky news, actually

bbc are hiding behind their terrible graphics

Good for sky news, who do they get their weather from?

TayFM are telling us there might be a few wintery showers this morning. They should probably have a look outside.

Posted
Good for sky news, who do they get their weather from?

TayFM are telling us there might be a few wintery showers this morning. They should probably have a look outside.

yeah

i'm heading into cupar later so hopefully we won't get snowed in (i don't think that'll happen somehow,though)

has anyone seen the gritters about though?

its amazing how we get a warning when it rains but none with some fairly heavy snow

just hoping that we see more throughout the day

Talking about Polar Lows:

Bands of Snow Showers moving south over Scotland from the north in the next 12 hours,

Sat 7th Feb 09, 00:00 GMT post-9501-1233949397_thumb.jpg

Sat 7th Feb 09, 12:00 GMT post-9501-1233949435_thumb.jpg

you are vindicated :D

brilliant forecast, better than the beeb's

Posted

Heavy snow here!!

Posted

snow stopped now but more showers are likely to come through the day

Posted

woke up to another whiteout, maybe another 2-3 inches, don't know when it happenened, but I think it must've been that heavy band now over the SW/Lothian.

Is threatening to turn to rain, but it's now snowing again, blowy squally shower. I think it'll be intermittent rain/snow looking at those showers coming down, temp 0.6º - it's very windy too making it blizzard like and treacherous for driving I imagine, thankfully not got to go out today

Posted

Heavy snow here <_<

Im travelling to Perth this morning,can anyone tell me about conditions that way? It wouldnt normally concern me however ill have my 3 year old son with me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
sod all here, temp is 1c. feels raw with the wind but that'sno flaming good is it?

T'was the overnight rain what done it! :( <_<

Posted
Heavy snow here :)

Im travelling to Perth this morning,can anyone tell me about conditions that way? It wouldnt normally concern me however ill have my 3 year old son with me.

there's been snow here and its accumulated a bit

its off now but is threatening to come on again soon

i think perth is similar but check the traffic scotland webcams if you want more details http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

perth looks snow free now

Posted

post-2738-1233997129_thumb.jpg

This is a pic taken from the webcam at the Slochd. the roads look poor and further showers expected. Just realised you are travelling north to PErth so wont be coming up as far as Slochd.

Edited by Gilly

Posted
there's been snow here and its accumulated a bit

its off now but is threatening to come on again soon

i think perth is similar but check the traffic scotland webcams if you want more details http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

perth looks snow free now

Thanks for that cwpiper,doesnt look too bad and looking at the radar any precip seems to be moving through quite quickly.I think ill be alright, after all this is Scotland not the South East :)

Posted
Thanks for that cwpiper,doesnt look too bad and looking at the radar any precip seems to be moving through quite quickly.I think ill be alright, after all this is Scotland not the South East :)

yep we actually grit the roads in scotland, even when the met office doesn't have a warning for us :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well, what a suprise! Woke to about an inch here in Lochgelly this morning. Noticed that there was to be snow in the north east that would travel down the east side of the country today but thought it would skirt around Fife as it usually does.

Posted
*STOP PRESS*

Breaking News From The BBC News 24...

There's an icy pavement in in Bristol - our brave reporter reports from the scene of devastation...

:)

it's terrible that shetland appears to be completely snowed under, aberdeen has got some pretty big snowfall, even we have had a few cms, and they are fawning over an icy pavement in bristol!!

our pavements have been icy numerous times this winter and yet i've never seen the bbc reporter interviewing me on how slippy it is!!!

amazing that monday's only warning is for possible sleet in 'lundun'.

Posted
Heavy snow here :)

I can confirm that the dome is still in tact in Perth so nothing to worry about at this time.

Posted
*STOP PRESS*

Breaking News From The BBC News 24...

There's an icy pavement in in Bristol - our brave reporter reports from the scene of devastation...

:)

I know - I just seen that. Pathetic isn't it.

Blizzards here overnight, higher level routes blocked, but no, an icy pavement in England is more important. Remember, it's only us Scots.

Edited by Zerouali lives

Posted

Trying hard to not be hugely offended - but I'm afraid over the last week, the BBC have really shown their true Anglocentricness...With the chaos that Aberdeen and the north suffered yesterday, for the life of me, I couldn't see any mention of it on a national news channel..

It's truly ridiculous.