Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted

Somebody painted our garden shed white last night....why would they do that ? :yahoo:

3 to 4 inches here. It seems to have snowed continuously from about 4 pm yesterday through to just before 6 this morning. Perhaps just as well we were out of the heaviest ppn. Anyway I broke the snow-shovel trying to lift too much with it :rolleyes:

Apologies to all those who didn't get any.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
3 to 4 inches here. It seems to have snowed continuously from about 4 pm yesterday through to just before 6 this morning.

Well the figures are the same as here but ours was in centimetres. There were about 10 hours of continuous snowfall but it was always light. Temperature just above freezing now with a slight thaw.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Ironically ended up with less lying this morning than we had yesterday morning. Looking at the amount of rainfall (10 mm) a surprising lack of depth so more likely it turned to sleet later on. Should be some good depths very high up though.

Posted

Well the rain finally washed away most of last weeks and Sundays snow - but heavy shower around 0600ish has given us a fresh dusting! Still visible on the radar now as a line moving S.

Plenty of snow left on the higher Wolds - I suspect.

Posted
Well the figures are the same as here but ours was in centimetres.

Keep forgetting snow has gone 'metric' But can I just say that when I were a lad there was none of this business of trains being delayed due to 'wrong kind of snow' on the lines - that's when it was measured in inches. :(

Posted
Well the rain finally washed away most of last weeks and Sundays snow - but heavy shower around 0600ish has given us a fresh dusting! Still visible on the radar now as a line moving S.

Plenty of snow left on the higher Wolds - I suspect.

Confirmed, pleanty of snow left about a mile outside the village and 30m higher.

Anyone wanting to see an example of how modest height differences make a difference to snow cover should take a look at the Wolds!

Heavy wet snow showers streaming down from the N this moring. It's not a dusting, it's a wet soup.

Posted
Confirmed, pleanty of snow left about a mile outside the village and 30m higher.

Anyone wanting to see an example of how modest height differences make a difference to snow cover should take a look at the Wolds!

Heavy wet snow showers streaming down from the N this moring. It's not a dusting, it's a wet soup.

The height makes a massive difference, that shower was just rain here!

The temperature has remained comfortably the wrong side of marginal all night here. The dewpoint has been sat above 1.0C apart from around 20 minutes.

Posted
Keep forgetting snow has gone 'metric' But can I just say that when I were a lad there was none of this business of trains being delayed due to 'wrong kind of snow' on the lines - that's when it was measured in inches. :lol:

even when I was a lad the Met O measured snow depth in centimetres!