Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted

In spite of our altitude we got barely an inch of snow last night....but we already had about 3 inches of lying snow from earlier last week.

Moving on. Lisa Gallagher, on the Look North forecast just now, was warning of further snow over high ground for a while tonight in the small hours, - around 3- 4 am, and included Sheffield in the affected area.

We currently have a slight thaw with temp at 1.0°C.

Posted

Very surprised this am, as there is little thaw going on at present :D , even the washing line still has a snow line on it :rolleyes: !!

Posted
Very surprised this am, as there is little thaw going on at present :o , even the washing line still has a snow line on it :lol: !!

Yep your right. scunny is a whiteout :lol:

Posted
A couple of pics from last nights snow :lol:

Nice pictures, makes me feel a little better as looks like 3-4 kentimetres (rather than cm) to me :lol:

Heres what we managed:

post-2418-1234170198_thumb.jpg

It just manages to qualify as a snow day by metoffice standards (more than a half cover at 0900), so thats 2 days this winter now.

Posted

A covering of snow in Derby this morning. Looks like there could be a good dumping of snow here this evening too :lol: May start off as rain though, depending when it arrives.

It has currently gone a little foggy! If this continues, it should keep things more favourable for snow (keep temp, dew point? down?

Current dew point in -0.5C and temp is 0.1C.

Posted

The walk to take the kids to school was ace, powder snow :D , the kids were struggling to make snowballs with it :D !! Bit of a thaw setting in now :o .

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Yup steady thaw. The progress of the system to the south suggest it won't reach us so make the most of the snow as it will be in decline from now on. Still I maybe wrong and it may reach the southern peak district and give us another dumping.

Posted

Looking forward to tonight, really interesting setup here. I should be comfortably far North to see snowfall tonight, at least for a time. I've got a good feeling these boards are going to get rather busy, especially with members in the North Midlands, Lincs, South Yorks, regions etc.

Really pleasing conditions here too, overcast with some weak fog which is continuing to keep conditions favourable for tonight.

Posted
Looking forward to tonight, really interesting setup here. I should be comfortably far North to see snowfall tonight, at least for a time. I've got a good feeling these boards are going to get rather busy, especially with members in the North Midlands, Lincs, South Yorks, regions etc.

Really pleasing conditions here too, overcast with some weak fog which is continuing to keep conditions favourable for tonight.

Yes the fog has brought the thaw to a near standstill :lol: , hopefull it will keep those all important temps down, not expecting anything here bar rain but those further south and west may do ok :) .

Posted

According to NW radar the rain is already turning to sleet north east of Stoke as it gets into the peak district.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
According to NW radar the rain is already turning to sleet north east of Stoke as it gets into the peak district.

Well, at the moment in this part of the Peak District it's very light rain despite a temp' of 0.1c.

Edit: I take that back, no sooner had my fingers left the keyboard I looked out of the window to see the light rain had turned to light, wet snow.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted

OMG max 2c here today, what a suprise! down to 0.7c in places with dew of -0.5c, really foggy here, very dense in places! could be good if this keeps up till sundown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Not very scientific, but my car gave a temp of 7C in Lincoln about half an hour ago where it was actually raining. We live up the hill where it is misty and the temp is only 1.5C.

Local forecast on the radio said heavy rain for tonight so I guess it will finally wash away the snow which has been laying for over a week now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Light rain so the storm of storms has reached us. Very quiet here to be honest at the moment. Guess it'll liven up later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

We had rain/sleet here from about 3:20 p.m just as I type it's turning to big wet flakes of snow, it's also quite foggy

Posted
OMG max 2c here today, what a suprise! down to 0.7c in places with dew of -0.5c, really foggy here, very dense in places! could be good if this keeps up till sundown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yorkies don't have a chance unfortunately fella - Check the radar, it's started tracking further South and will barely tickle as far as Yorkshire.

On the other hand... Crunch time for the SE tonight, the tide might have turned on this one...

Forecaster nightmare... More like dream :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

a little drizzle here in uphill Lincoln. still lying snow but it is very definately thawing now.

Posted

Drizzle here, turning the dusting from last night slushy, were snow is deep from previous falls its doing ok, i expect a big thaw tonight with the rain and perhaps a little sleet later on. Still 8 days of laying snow. Great!!!

Posted
Drizzle here, turning the dusting from last night slushy, were snow is deep from previous falls its doing ok, i expect a big thaw tonight with the rain and perhaps a little sleet later on. Still 8 days of laying snow. Great!!!

temp 1.9C in Derby, dew point 1.7C. Both starting to drop now.

Some drizzle about.

I wonder if there will be any heavier bursts of precipitation later, or if it will pass to the south.

Posted

If there are heavier bursts then i suspect it would be sleet and wet snow, if it carries on with this light stuff than drizzle and light rain. My temp is 1.4c with the dew point 0.6c. Still drizzle here