Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted

My dew point now down to 0.3c. Its really misty/foggy out there. Drizzle, cold, overcast foggy weather. The worst of the worst :lol:

If anyone wants to work out there dew point then this link should help, all you need is your humidity and outdoor temp

Forgot to put the link in <_<

http://www.decatur.de/javascript/dew/index.html

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
My dew point now down to 0.3c. Its really misty/foggy out there. Drizzle, cold, overcast foggy weather. The worst of the worst :lol:

If anyone wants to work out there dew point then this link should help, all you need is your humidity and outdoor temp

Forgot to put the link in <_<

http://www.decatur.de/javascript/dew/index.html

OMG on johnholmes its -1c dew???????????????? he recons it could possibly suprise us :D so anyones game :D:D

DONT forget, when you least expect it, the better!!!! :lol:

Posted
OMG on johnholmes its -1c dew???????????????? he recons it could possibly suprise us :lol: so anyones game :D:D

DONT forget, when you least expect it, the better!!!! <_<

Expect the worst and hope for the best. Temp is dropping away now. I'm not really expecting much however i look forward to being pleasantly surprised. What i don't want is rain as it will melt all or most of the snow i currently have. There is 15cm on the school field were it had drifted in places, less were it hadn't. Good for snowball fights. Does hurt when you get hit in the face though :lol:

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
Expect the worst and hope for the best. Temp is dropping away now. I'm not really expecting much however i look forward to being pleasantly surprised. What i don't want is rain as it will melt all or most of the snow i currently have. There is 15cm on the school field were it had drifted in places, less were it hadn't. Good for snowball fights. Does hurt when you get hit in the face though :)

the fields near me have 7cm still on them, next door neighbours garden has full cover!!!!!!!!!!! john holmes says its still possible!!!

Posted

I think it will be a wait and see night for around here tonight, Current Dew Point is at -0.4c and Temp 0.5c and Falling

Chris, Alfreton, 450 Feet ASL

Edited by chrisb1357

Posted
Wish things looked more positive maxdamage but the general concenus seems that the low is further south and the ppn will not reach here now :(

I'm going to wait to see what that lad Paul Hudson has to say at 6:55 :D

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
Wish things looked more positive maxdamage but the general concenus seems that the low is further south and the ppn will not reach here now :D

LOL

Just started snowing a bit here as I put the wheelie bins out. Now 0.4C and dew point of -0.6C.

Posted
I think it will be a wait and see night for around here tonight, Current Dew Point is at -0.4c and Temp 0.5c and Falling

Chris, Alfreton, 450 Feet ASL

exactly same temps here but only 50m asl!!

Posted
LOL

Just started snowing a bit here as I put the wheelie bins out. Now 0.4C and dew point of -0.6C.

Yes, it's like snow mist lol Temperature dropped to 0.0 now. I didn't think the temperatures where meant to be this low.

Posted

its fine snow here now, lil wet but for how fine it is, just amazes me how cold it is out there, snow isnt melting, seems to be freezing over!!!!

Posted

Light snow here too, temp 1.0 and dp is -0.5

Is there meant to be any snow here tonight? i didn't think there was.

Edited by disco-barry

Posted
Snowing now in Denaby, mainly light with odd bigger flakes, DN12
Same here, already a dusting on the car :lol:

what !? how can it be snowing in donny and creswell and not be snowing here when i'm in between the 2 :doh:

Posted
Snowing now in Denaby, mainly light with odd bigger flakes, DN12

Snowing now in swinton, rotherham. Fairly big flakes too, but I sense its wet snow. Was always told the bigger the flake the warmer the air, not sure if that's true.

After watching hudson on look north he didnt seem to be too confident of much low level snow, but my lamp post is saying differently. He also did say any snow would soon turn back to rain, so will be worth watching to see what happens.

I did remember him last week going on about the extreme weather warning but nothing really came of that, so it may be our turn tonight.

settling well now as I type

Posted

Moderate snow falling in Sheffield - covered the road and topping up the lawn and paths again! Wasn't really expecting this! Dusting on all uncovered surfaces.

Sheffield 150m

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Continuous light snow which has now covered all the bits of roof etc which were exposed in the slow thaw today.

Posted

evening all

we have sleet here in Conisholme, i suspect we have some sort of temp anomaly as generally anywhere east of Doncaster is seeing rain, anywhere to the West is having snow. mind you early days yet should really see how this is all panning out around 21.00hrs onwards.

LO

Posted
evening all

we have sleet here in Conisholme, i suspect we have some sort of temp anomaly as generally anywhere east of Doncaster is seeing rain, anywhere to the West is having snow. mind you early days yet should really see how this is all panning out around 21.00hrs onwards.

LO

Im not expecting anything other than constant rain tonight.