Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
truly.....last time i remeber that was somewhere in the 70s....cant remember the year...wasnt that old...I will shut up about it now

but i wont forgett this night in a hurry...pure fast white out here...classic snow storm..was epecting lightning...approaching a inch or more

Im just glad some have got a great snowfall tonight, we got a covering 1cm in Cardiff but might have a bit more later but temps are marginal here.

good night all

Posted
Will this hit Cardiff?

its spreading more your way..but dont get your hopes up to much...as you look on the edge of the heavy stuff

Edited by dogs32

Posted
pyro....I dont know if what I have had t was Local.but it must be 30 yrs Ive seen snow like that

1981 blizzard??, im sure it's not that bad if you hardly have an inch, january 2004 remember getting 2 inches in just over half a hour with thunder

Posted
Will this hit Cardiff?

Your so greedy. Lol

you got a cm and two snowfalls in a week!

Just coz its FREE.

More percipitation might clip Cardiff later in the night depending if the low moves any quicker eastwards or not. Problem will be whether sleet or snow which in such a fluid situation is very difficult to predict.

you will either have to watch the radar or go to sleep and see whats there in morning. Jay its not all over, more opportunitys before Atlantic moves in and long way till end of winter.

i will keep you posted of near future possible snow events.

Posted

Getting a good dumping in Winterbourne (M4/M32) junction area. Bythe looks of the radar this could go on for a while and its settling quickly.

Posted
truly.....last time i remeber that was somewhere in the 70s....cant remember the year...wasnt that old...I will shut up about it now

but i wont forgett this night in a hurry...pure fast white out here...classic snow storm..was epecting lightning...approaching a inch or more

got a feeling it was local.as Trickey only reported fairly heavy snow...

yes the radar is showing the front of heavy precip in our firing line at the moment approaching the bristol area the real fun and games not far away I feel......

Sounds like you were lucky with the snow then I'm pleased for you, snow starting to fall again

Posted
Getting a good dumping in Winterbourne (M4/M32) junction area. Bythe looks of the radar this could go on for a while and its settling quickly.

Cool.......

Should be getting this then shortly......

Posted
moderate snow - I am videoing lamp-posts lol

:(:(:( Geek!!!

Martyn. I appreciate your weather station. I always use its outputs for my neck of the woods. Great site!

Posted
Still snowing moderately, 2-3 inches now i would say!

Amazing!

:(

Yep, still snowing moderately here too. Tyre tracks almost completely disappeared now

Off to take a photo outside, nothing exciting, but hey, why not? :(

Posted
yes the radar is showing the front of heavy precip in our firing line at the moment approaching the bristol area the real fun and games not far away I feel......

Sounds like you were lucky with the snow then I'm pleased for you, snow starting to fall again

yes massive further heavy stuff on its way.........this could give us high totals,just checked out side its moderate now before the main event

yes this is incredible snow just like some one else as noted

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

met office have heavy snow forecast for bristol and north someret until mid morning but showers seem like they will clear within 2 hours??

Is there more going to hit this are later on in early morning of any real density?

Im a little drunk now so im sory if its not to clear lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Just woke up after a few hours kip, instead of trawling through all the posts could some please inform if this is going to hit Hereford?ta

Oh yes, should be almost with you now, you should do well out of this lot.

Posted
met office have heavy snow forecast for bristol and north someret until mid morning but showers seem like they will clear within 2 hours??

Is there more going to hit this are later on in early morning of any real density?

Im a little drunk now so im sory if its not to clear lol

Take a look at the radar you might be in luck?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

yes im in middle of that and it is accumilating at a rapid rate. looks like we have around 6/7 inches now although 3 of that was from tues

Take a look at the radar you might be in luck?

It looks alot lighter and patchy after this heavy stream? will it intensify u think more later?

Posted
i'm planning to drive from chester to cheltenham tomorrow morning, it don't sound too promising at the moment. especially with only a roads being gritted

i dont think you will make it mate