Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted

I can report that it is a blizzard out there! :crazy: Been out with the ruler and it is almost 19cm! Some people are trying to drive out of the estate but the snow is pilling up under the front wheels. Only 4x4 vehicles are moving. Wish i had a skiddo :D

Its getting serious though, running out of milk and bread!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
The secondary School in Sherborne is closed today and found out that alotof the Yeovil schools are closed.

Now that's just ridiculous!! There's no lying snow. :crazy:

I guess they made that decision yesterday based on the forecast.

Edited by Mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Apparently they called out the army last night to help with the cars on the A38, which remains closed still towards Exeter, and one lane open further down towards Plymouth.

Apparently snowing in parts of south Devon again... anyone confirm? Its blowing around a bit up here and very dark... going to take a walk in a bit, see what its like at the top of the village (1200feet) ... should be fun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Mark in Yeovil...

Is it actually snowing in Yeovil?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'
Been snowing here since about 8am...

A little snow on cars and roofs but need alot more for it to settle on the roads.

The secondary School in Sherborne is closed today and found out that alotof the Yeovil schools are closed.

Maybe they are expecting it to get alot worse.

Temp here is currently 1.2.

Take care all x

Sigh ... we were supposed to get some of that lol ! :crazy: Still, it is snowing on and off now.

Posted
Don't give up yet, I've got heavy snow falling here in Blandford.

Annoyingly the ppn is beefing up as it reaches the coast and then starts to die out as it comes NW towards Yeovil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

The snow has beefed up again here in Longlevens after looking like is was going to ease off, just a shame a lot of yesterdays snow melted here or we would be building up some really impressive depths for lowland Gloucester.

Posted
Mark in Yeovil...

Is it actually snowing in Yeovil?

Yes, but I can almost count the flakes as they are coming down. :crazy:

Posted

Snow dying out now.

The thaw has well and truely begun.

Once again temperatures not low enough.

Most of the snow will be gone by early afternoon.

Except for areas of high elevation.

Posted

it seems really strange here in wincanton i would say about , we are only a few miles from sherborne and yeovil and we have it really bad!!

Posted
it seems really strange here in wincanton i would say about , we are only a few miles from sherborne and yeovil and we have it really bad!!

Yeah find it wierd too, got it really bad here and only spitting distance from Yeovil...ohh what a few mile can make...

Posted
Yeah find it wierd too, got it really bad here and only spitting distance from Yeovil...ohh what a few mile can make...

yes you are right, its still snowing heavily here and just watching the cars trying to get up our hill, it is scary, all over the place, where are the gritters?

Posted

Yep, 10 miles away in an arc from WSW around to ENE has seen loads but move SE from there and it was just heavy rain and sleet.

It's trying to snow now but only very light flurries. The system has moved too far up the channel (English) so it looks like the worst is passing me by.

Posted
Yep, 10 miles away in an arc from WSW around to ENE has seen loads but move SE from there and it was just heavy rain and sleet.

It's trying to snow now but only very light flurries. The system has moved too far up the channel (English) so it looks like the worst is passing me by.

ah mark, i will chuck you a huge snowball, down the 303 lol

Posted
Annoyingly the ppn is beefing up as it reaches the coast and then starts to die out as it comes NW towards Yeovil.

Oh right, I see what you mean.

So you dont think there is a chance of snow when the cold front pushes all that ppn back southeast again?

Posted
just a,int gonna give in here ,transport disruption ,nothing moving,welcome to ilminster snow and ice capital of the UK

lol, blackdown, wincanton is nor far behind, it seems to be getting darker here, how much more are we going to have, need to go out and get my wine for tonight!!!

Posted
Oh right, I see what you mean.

So you dont think there is a chance of snow when the cold front pushes all that ppn back southeast again?

It's not technically pushing the ppn back SE. It just means that the colder air is moving further SE and then bands of precip that move in off the channel hit colder air and it snows..... allegedly!!

This whole effect will then move east across the country. Unfortunately the cold air hasn't got here quick enough and the ppn has already started to move further east along the coast.

Posted

Snowed heavy last night topped everthing up by an inch this is really helping the snow cover we'vehad snow cover here since sunday night now and it doesn't look to be going anywhere fast eeither. Any showers possible in Wales today? I want more lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The snow is light now but i think that area to south may make mid somerset before the northern ppn returns south so could be interesting.

temp all night til this morning was 0.2 and now it has droped to 0.0.

DSCF0189.jpg

Posted
Apparently they called out the army last night to help with the cars on the A38, which remains closed still towards Exeter, and one lane open further down towards Plymouth.

Apparently snowing in parts of south Devon again... anyone confirm? Its blowing around a bit up here and very dark... going to take a walk in a bit, see what its like at the top of the village (1200feet) ... should be fun!

yep snowing in tavistock and plymouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not setting though :D callington have about eight inches.

went to work at 7ish this morning, school closed by 7:45 :lol: sat at home waiting for more

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
The snow is light now but i think that area to south may make mid somerset before the northern ppn returns south so could be interesting.

temp all night til this morning was 0.2 and now it has droped to 0.0.

DSCF0189.jpg

:lol: That's very impressive mullender83. Must be one of the best snowfall's in years down there in Somerset?

Seasons