Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I would suggest anywhere north of the m4 is in for a chance, the further N the better...snow seems to be falling as far S as Southern Wales...and as this moves east temps will only continue to drop..will have to keep an eye on radar and reports!

Posted

It's raining in High Wycombe.

I'm not holding my breath for much over the next couple of days. I live in the valley of High Wycombe and there was quite a bit of snow on the hills on Friday, but very little down here despite Bucks County Council recommending all the schools should be closed - a complete anticlimax. So despite all the BBC ramping for tomorrow night I won't be expecting much apart from rain rain rain, perhaps with a little sleet mixed in. At least that way I won't be disappointed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

what about surrey any views i think we are to south for any snow over the next few days <_<

Posted

Snowbob, looking like anywhere below London will pretty much see rain (very heavy at that) from this, except for on Tuesday morning, when there is a chance of backedge snow before the ppn clears. Snow surprises more often than not, so the best answer is to keep looking out of the window <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
It's raining in High Wycombe.

I'm not holding my breath for much over the next couple of days. I live in the valley of High Wycombe and there was quite a bit of snow on the hills on Friday, but very little down here despite Bucks County Council recommending all the schools should be closed - a complete anticlimax. So despite all the BBC ramping for tomorrow night I won't be expecting much apart from rain rain rain, perhaps with a little sleet mixed in. At least that way I won't be disappointed.

Oh dear, this is a very negative report for us further SE, and to think this time last Sunday the Thames streamer was just getting started! <_<

Edited by snowray

Posted
Snowbob, looking like anywhere below London will pretty much see rain (very heavy at that) from this, except for on Tuesday morning, when there is a chance of backedge snow before the ppn clears. Snow surprises more often than not, so the best answer is to keep looking out of the window <_<

thanks for that roll on tuesday <_<

Posted
Light rain begeginning here. temp 5.9

With temps that high only rain can be expected..the radar suggests only rain for London southwards...maybe as temps drop this evening the wintryness will filter further south...just a matter of miles further north temps are 3oC with -1oC dewpoints, so hopefully any heavier ppn moving in will drag the tempdown. Best of luck, but it does look like areas further S are only going to see rain for the time being. <_<

Posted
Oh dear, this is a very negative report for us further SE, and to think this time last Sunday the Thames streamer was just getting started! <_<

Sorry to bring you down Snowray <_<

Edited by Mrs M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Not acording to the Gfs 12z I'm affraid, no back edge snow now on tues, everything even further North too. <_<

Posted

yeah what a fantastic night. thought this week had so much potential but just near miss after near miss and more to come <_<

Posted
Sorry to bring you down Snowray <_<

Thats OK Mrs M, I expected it realy.

Posted

Cloudy, 5c, and no chance of snow here in west cambs.

Temp needs to drop pretty quickly, which i cant see for it to be snow

Shouldnt be disappointed, as still got quite abit of lying snow, but i fear rain tonight, as these are the highest temps we've have for quite some time.

Posted

Indeed, thankfully many people that may only see rain this time did see their real dumping by Monday, of course must be extra frustrating for the areas who weren't affected by that AND will see rain this time...which myself may be included in. Norfolk/E. Suffolk should see wintry weather from this, and we havent had a dumping yet...HOWEVER until I see any snow falling I'm not counting my chickens..

Hmm snowray, many runs showed backedge snow..this is just one run with the milder sector a tad further north, something Im still dubious about. As i have constantly stated, the GFS is going for it all ALOT further north than anywhere else. I don't think it will come in quite as high as this..so this would increase chances for SE. Time will tell of course <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Temp dropped a lot in the last hour now 5.9c (was 8.7c an hour ago) and dewpoint -1.7c

Edited by BasVegas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Can i hope for snow here?

We still have lying snow and a couple of inches on the snow fields! about 4 inches.

Moderate snow now in North oxfordshire , In thinks its settling on the existing snow fields :(

Temp dropped a lot in the last hour now 5.9c (was 8.7c an hour ago) and dewpoint -1.7c

8.7 c !!! Max 2c here all day. Moderate snow

Below is what I'd call a perfect example of 'marginal'.

Moderate snow now just 25 miles north east of you , hope you get it

Edited by stewfox

Posted

According to the radar, this front is just about to hit me. Temp here is 2deg. Still have seven inches of snow in my garden. Will report what comes out of the sky as soon as it starts.

Posted
It's a ridiculous 4.3c here, really hope the temp drops soon otherwise it'll be rain, rain and more rain.
Edited by Cableguy