Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Ross B

Posted

Hmmm I've just looked at the metoffice risk warnings and I am confused (not very hard). It says for tuesday we have the risk of both heavy rain and heavy snow. How can we have both at the same time. Or are they just covering their own backs?

No kidding

Apart from that I'm pretty intelligent. I have an IQ of 133.

Edited by sabrina2090

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
Hmmm I've just looked at the metoffice risk warnings and I am confused (not very hard). It says for tuesday we have the risk of both heavy rain and heavy snow. How can we have both at the same time. Or are they just covering their own backs?

I noticed that to, and i'm going to go with a 'yes' - its the art of fence sitting again

Posted
I noticed that to, and i'm going to go with a 'yes' - its the art of fence sitting again

You are a total pro at that :) Just found this vid on another thread, not sure what it means in plain English, but it may be understandable to you weather wise guys :p

Posted
You are a total pro at that Just found this vid on another thread, not sure what it means in plain English, but it may be understandable to you weather wise guys

Which might that be then? :p

Posted

In fairness to the Met office though, would anybody on this forum at present like to come down either side of the fence at this stage

Now if we get to 30 mins before and they are still sitting on the fence i can understand criticism, however the situation is such that it may end up being down to PPN intensity to discover the snow areas. Ive maintained from the start of this event it will be M4 northwards, so for now im sticking with my guns on that, but that is based on nothing other than assumptions

I dont think it will be until tomorrows 12z that we really have a grasp of what will be coming up

SK

Posted
You are a total pro at that :) Just found this vid on another thread, not sure what it means in plain English, but it may be understandable to you weather wise guys :p

P.S. if someone could translate, I'd be very greatful

Posted
Just a quick note, the conditions for snow tomorrow night are better than they were for today's daytime event, and many parts of Wales has snow.

An excellent point, the only advantage today had over tomorrow is the 850's....but with more of a continental feed i think we need to look more at thicknesses than 850's

SK

Posted

Big time confusion now......

Jay Wynn was interviewed on BBC..........said lots of snow :p Basically as far as he is concerned nothing as changed.though this interview might of been earlier today

Posted

Ir wasn't criticism persay, just commenting that its slightly incongruous, and impossible, to have a 60% risk of snow and a 60% risk of rain at the sametime.

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
Ir wasn't criticism persay, just commenting that its slightly incongruous, and impossible, to have a 60% risk of snow and a 60% risk of rain at the sametime.

I will admit the two percentages certainly don't add up in mathematical terms.....and they told me i needed A level maths :fool:

I think essentially what the SW could end up seeing is a mixture of the two, with snow for certain areas, and nothing but rain 5 miles down the road, given the mixture of air expected.......this could well be the Met Office reasoning

SK

Posted

hehe, that makes alot of sense, and would certainly fit with the past week. :fool:

Posted

new update....Jaay Wynn BBC.......

as follows

Monday there will be snow M4 NORTHWARDS,,,,,,,,,,BIG SNOW BRISTOL/WALES / CENTRAL.20-30 CM

blizzard conditions

HE WAS CORRECT LAST SUNDAY :cold::drunk::clap:

edit and there was a few southern counties as well..Wiltshire ect.....

Edited by dogs32

Posted

jo: makes no sense to me other than no snow south of the middle somewhere :drunk:

Posted

as follows

Monday there will be snow M4 NORTHWARDS,,,,,,,,,,BIG SNOW BRISTOL/WALES CENTRAL.20-30 CM

HE WAS CORRECT LAST SUNDAY

This has potential to be worse than thursday and friday SEVERE BLIZZARD WHITEOUT CONDITIONS could be on the menu tommorow. :drunk:

Posted

as follows

Monday there will be snow M4 NORTHWARDS,,,,,,,,,,BIG SNOW BRISTOL/WALES / CENTRAL.20-30 CM

blizzard conditions

HE WAS CORRECT LAST SUNDAY :cold::drunk::clap:

i am hoping that it will just be rain to be honest. i like snow as much as anyone but i need to get from bristol to swindon all week and lost two days last week. i might have to get some chains, has anyone tried snow chains and how effective are they?

roll on spring

Edited by Mattster1

Posted
This has potential to be worse than thursday and friday SEVERE BLIZZARD WHITEOUT CONDITIONS could be on the menu tommorow. :drunk:

he was good last Sunday.........seemed confident of widespread snow.Extremely heavy...quite wide spread

edit...you was in there JAY.........Also quite a few southern COUNTIES...a PART FROM cornWall/devon

Edited by dogs32

Posted
@ least you got that much lol :drunk:

and that was while watching top gear at the sametime... :clap:

On a totally side issue, anyone done, or doing a storm chase with NW? Im 'giving serious consideration to eating your wife'... no wait, I digress, going next year... looks like alot of fun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
any idea's how far north ??

Id say this weather system will get as far north as south yorkshire