Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

I like that warning from Nick F! another 25cm of snow would be ... interesting... South West UK's first Ski Resort shall be opening on Wednesday, all runs and lifts open with perfect powder conditions across the resort. :D

yeah dogs we had more snow today and i'm not far from you although I am on high ground. Got ambushed by the local kids tonight huge snowball in the road whcih i couldn't get past in the car stopped and then the snowballs came!! grrrrrr

Just run em over.

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted

The GFS 18z looks to have things a bit further south to me? Good news. Seems the ECM is further south too, and BBC sticking to their guns. Maybe will get it after all.

Edited by Barb

Posted
yeah dogs we had more snow today and i'm not far from you although I am on high ground. Got ambushed by the local kids tonight huge snowball in the road whcih i couldn't get past in the car stopped and then the snowballs came!! grrrrrr

was loosing the will to live, but made me lol :shok:

Posted
Dogs, have confidence..... I'm thinking positive thoughts here, and you're not helping LOL :)

:shok: i will try ...just a bit concerned about the temps..but i will try..llol

GFS 18Hz out and virtually no difference in the event for tomorrow night, the track is very similar, and the temps are almost identical.

perhaps the precip is a little heavier across Wales.

The GFS 18z looks to have things a bit further south to me? Good news. Maybe will get it after all.

You are very much likely to get it tomorrow going by the UKMO anyway, right in the middle of the likely snow areas.

Posted

if it does come off it will make the other events small compared to this....

could be the best snow storm weve ever seen

I reckon early evening when the rain turns to snow....or starts off as snow

Edited by dogs32

Posted
I hope there are some surprises tomorrow...Like more snow in places that weren't forecast just like earlier in the week...It happened twice if I'm right so may be a third..who knows....

I know its looking more positive for t he M4 northwards,,,,

I personally think here it will be rain.For here!!!!

....Over the years Chelt hasn't done very well with temps around 5c

Even though there might be a cold East wind...just remembering past events and a gut feeling..

But its nice to wait and see who gets the Blizzards

Dogs your up and down like a yo yo at the moment after seeing mr wyne's forecast earlier we look to be in the firing line tommorow for the heavier snow?

Posted
You are very much likely to get it tomorrow going by the UKMO anyway, right in the middle of the likely snow areas.

I'm reasonably hopeful, 30 miles inland, 250m ASL, still got snow cover, had snow all day today despite being forecast rain/sleet. I expect it'll come down to nowcasting though, it's rolling a dice at the moment.

Posted

Hi Smarty,,,,,,,,,,,lol.........its just sounds to good to be true....ferocious blizzards..Though Jay and Nick have given me faith....so I am more hopeful than not....

Posted
Hi Smarty,,,,,,,,,,,lol.........its just sounds to good to be true....ferocious blizzards..Though Jay and Nick have given me faith....so I am more hopeful than not....

I know it does I can't believe it either, but it does look to be an extremely unstable storm tommorow night with evaporative cooling a real possibility, maybe some thundersnow thrown in for good measure too :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

All the slush freezing here now, it's going to be deadly first thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

The southern edge of the snow is further south than the M4 on that map, looks more like Yeovil northwards

Posted
The southern edge of the snow is further south than the M4 on that map, looks more like Yeovil northwards

looks to be going to plan.everything coming together for the SNOW STORM OF THE DECADE..hope

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
looks to be going to plan.everything coming together for the SNOW STORM OF THE DECADE..hope

Damn i hope your right! i am gonna try not to look at charts tonight im just gonna wait til mid day tomoro and then start bouncing off the walls with excitement i hope anyway.

Posted

hope you all have fun with your storm :whistling:

its on SNOW STORM 2009 OF THE DECADE (only for some) time to throw in the towel.

Edited by kaz

Posted

new update...............oh my god..........................MASSIVE UPGRADE

bbc laura tobin....snow heavy..just like the above chart....3 inches of rain turning tto snow

extending just like chart to devon south and north..more white on map than before.

its on SNOW STORM 2009 OF THE DECAADE

did anyone just SEE THIS ON the BEEB

Edited by dogs32

I'm reasonably hopeful, 30 miles inland, 250m ASL, still got snow cover, had snow all day today despite being forecast rain/sleet. I expect it'll come down to nowcasting though, it's rolling a dice at the moment.

Still snow here but more restricted now to grass between 1-3 inches depending on shade amount, had a lot of wet snow today which didn't stick and conditions were more marginal than today than forecat for tomorrow night, really could do with GFS/UKMO pushing low a bit further south, as if all of that falls as rain, all of the snow will quickly vanish.

http://www.meteociel.com/modeles/gfs/precipitations/3h.htm this is an upgrade from the 12Hz run, for Wales.

new update...............oh my god..........................MASSIVE UPGRADE

bbc laura tobin....snow heavy..just like the above chart....3 inches of rain turning tto snow

extending just like chart to devon south and north..more white on map than before.

its on SNOW STORM 2009 OF THE DECAADE

did anyone just SEE THIS ON the BEEB

Was this on News 24 and was it live.

Posted
Still snow here but more restricted now to grass between 1-3 inches depending on shade amount, had a lot of wet snow today which didn't stick and conditions were more marginal than today than forecat for tomorrow night, really could do with GFS/UKMO pushing low a bit further south, as if all of that falls as rain, all of the snow will quickly vanish.

http://www.meteociel.com/modeles/gfs/precipitations/3h.htm this is an upgrade from the 12Hz run, for Wales.

Was this on News 24 and was it live.

YES ON 24..........Not jay.............SO ITS NEW....laura tobbin....massive upgrade to me.its not on multi yet..sometime it will be on multi

its starts as rain.then snow spreads quite widely...she said the system is carrying 3 inches of rain which some of it will turn to heavy snow......even Devon was in white

Edited by dogs32

Posted
YES ON 24..........Not jay.............SO ITS NEW....laura tobbin....massive upgrade to me.its not on multi yet..sometime it will be on multi

its starts as rain.then snow spreads quite widely...she said the system is carrying 3 inches of rain which some of it will turn to heavy snow......even Devon was in white

Lol, don't have ramp it up do you dogs. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I am not feeling very hopeful for Cheltenham tomorrow! I am expecting steady rain and wind with perhaps some wet snow in heavier bursts, while the hills get another pasting. Anything more will be a bonus and I'm honestly not bothered too much after all the snow we've had so far this week.

Take a look at this picture I took from Cleeve Hill, for example:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtrickey/3263508864/

:-D