Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

The low is further South? Who'd have guessed that haha :lol:

Glad the snowman is surviving Sabrina!

The melt appears to have halted here... but its still teeming down.

Posted
is it just me or does this whole weather system seem to be moving through a lot faster than it was supposed to be!!

Yes, I just looked at the radar and its already fully over me down here in South Wales - We've had moderate rain all morning. It also seems to be moving from West to East and not Northerly at all.

I think thats it for the snow folks :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
is it just me or does this whole weather system seem to be moving through a lot faster than it was supposed to be!!

from what i hear this isnt the actual main weather front. that wont start to turn up til afternoon

Posted

This isn't the main system - the centre is not due over the UK for many hours yet.

This explains it well:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...t&p=1479064

Edited by Totoro

Posted
from what i hear this isnt the actual main weather front. that wont start to turn up til afternoon

yes thats what i gather..also later it should suck in the cold air

Posted

Hardly any point even trying to tell some people that, they will still claim to be correct.

Personally, due to the amount of "moaning" in these threads, Im just viewing what the "more experienced" members are saying. Things are still looking good, especially for East Wales, Midlands, possibly areas such as Yorkshire, and Cambridgeshire.

Posted
Hardly any point even trying to tell some people that, they will still claim to be correct.

Tell me about it - it's even worse on TWO, some real inexperienced folks spouting out a load of rubbish as if it were fact, and it's obvious they don't have a clue.

Personally, due to the amount of "moaning" in these threads, Im just viewing what the "more experienced" members are saying. Things are still looking good, especially for East Wales, Midlands, possibly areas such as Yorkshire, and Cambridgeshire.

Very sensible. :o

Posted

well my temp cant make it mind up....currently back to 4.2c

Only 4-5 hrs to go and I expect some reports of sleet or snow.Especially if these winds start to kick in

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/monthly_outlook.shtml

Courtesy of Mr Darren Bett.

Here is an extract (issued this morning)...

..."Later in the day the rain will turn to snow over the Bristol area, much of Wales and the Midlands and drifting snow is likely with those strong winds. There is potential for further travel disruption in affected areas."

Howzat? :o

Posted
2.8oc here, very wet, but certainly seems to have the odd and I mean odd, bit of sleetyness in it.

the heaviest snow for EAST WALES AND SOUTH MIDLANDS.......Courtesy of Rob McElwee

time around 4-5pm of the beginning of the snow...

we have the odd sleet bit here but mainly rain

Posted
the heaviest snow for EAST WALES AND SOUTH MIDLANDS.......Courtesy of Rob McElwee

time around 4-5pm of the beginning of the snow...

we have the odd sleet bit here but mainly rain

dogs...see my post and link just above......agreement between Messrs McElwee and Bett, then!

Posted

Noggin sorry mate i didnt see it..was watching BBCs ROB

I see looking good mate.....

your laugh at this and dont shoot the messenger!!!!

Radio said Chelt or Glos hospitals are on Contingency plans :D:D :o just in case

honest truth

Surely this is over the top

Edited by dogs32

Posted

A note to people who are already writing today off........ do a bit of searching around. The MetO site and the Channel Low thread in the Winter section of NW are full of useful and up-to-date information.

The "event" hasn't started yet. The heavy rain associated with it has not yet arrived. It was never going to snow until tea-time, anyway.

At the moment it is all going to plan.

See above posts and links from myself and dogs.....both Messrs McElwee and Bett have issued updates which confirm that all is as it should be.

Now stop flapping. :o :D

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Hi Guys,

Currently a barmy 4.8C here in the valleys - wil be watching for a temperature drop later and perhaps listening for the wind which will be a sign that the cold air is coming if it hadn't already arrived by then.

JK

Posted

your laugh at this and dont shoot the messenger!!!!

Radio said Chelt or Glos hospitals are on Contingency plans :lol: :lol: :lol: just in case

honest truth

Surely this is over the top

Maybe they know something we don't. :ph34r: :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

Posted
A note to people who are already writing today off........ do a bit of searching around. The MetO site and the Channel Low thread in the Winter section of NW are full of useful and up-to-date information.

The "event" hasn't started yet. The heavy rain associated with it has not yet arrived. It was never going to snow until tea-time, anyway.

At the moment it is all going to plan.

See above posts and links from myself and dogs.....both Messrs McElwee and Bett have issued updates which confirm that all is as it should be.

Now stop flapping. :ph34r: :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Right,ok - i'm putting my own contingency plans in place then in case the school is closed tomorrow!! And if it isn't i'll send my children round to duff you up !!

Posted

Betts mentions a poss of signicant floods..wouldnt surprise me.

May turn into a flood watch as time goes on.......First lets see the Winter Storm

Round 4

Posted
Betts mentions a poss of signicant floods..wouldnt surprise me.

May turn into a flood watch as time goes on.......First lets see the Winter Storm

Round 4

Are we still on for heavy snow tonight then? currently have moderate rain here now bah :ph34r:

Posted
:ph34r: :ph34r: :lol:And if it isn't i'll send my children round to duff you up !!

Haven't you told them not to duff up old fogeys, especially ones who wear glasses? :lol: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

If the heavy rain isn't here yet then we are in for some serious trouble... it is absolutely pouring with rain at the moment.