Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

I make it 10 days here, which is quite amazing in the so called 'even larger teapot' ;)

Posted

Got down to -1c last night ground temp was alot lower I would`ve thought ice snow was frozen hard.

Today still total cover thawing faster of the roofs than the ground,4.2c now but a west/SW wind the enemy for snow.

Sunny/cloud and 1 very light rain shower,a harder frost tonight.

GFS/ukmo runs look grim this morning for keeping the snowcover,ECM is the best solution with HP and frosts though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Well I can still see snow on the Mendip's, and even see lumps of snow that used to be snowmen in peoples gardens on the way to work.

This snow has stuck around for a fair while.

Posted

Still the snow holds on! Still some on the road, and loads on the lawn out of the sun! True its frozen and not real snow, but still looks pretty! hehe

Posted

Just looked at the weather forcast for tommoro on this site it says 52 % chance of some snow over night is this right ?

Posted
Still the snow holds on! Still some on the road, and loads on the lawn out of the sun! True its frozen and not real snow, but still looks pretty! hehe

Same as my back garden...still looks like it did when we had the 1st good snow fall, only now it's frozen lol. The mountains have began to go patchy green :) Still a fair bit around considering :) :lol:

Posted
Same as my back garden...still looks like it did when we had the 1st good snow fall, only now it's frozen lol. The mountains have began to go patchy green :) Still a fair bit around considering :) :lol:

I might go and bag it all up and store in the freezer, for a Mid Summer 'Snow' BBQ!! haha.

Posted
I might go and bag it all up and store in the freezer, for a Mid Summer 'Snow' BBQ!! haha.

LOL....Only if I'm invited hehe. This thread is gone soooooo quiet :D Been watchin the model thread, they up and down like yoyo's in there, so serious too lmao. Best I keep stum in there, makes for good reading though :)

Posted
LOL....Only if I'm invited hehe. This thread is gone soooooo quiet :) Been watchin the model thread, they up and down like yoyo's in there, so serious too lmao. Best I keep stum in there, makes for good reading though :D

I know...where'd everyone go?? Yeah, more mood swings in there than the Zimbabwe parliament! Its quite funny watching tho, the number of contradictions from the same people is hilarious. :D:)

Sure... bring a bottle! haha

LOL....Only if I'm invited hehe. This thread is gone soooooo quiet :D Been watchin the model thread, they up and down like yoyo's in there, so serious too lmao. Best I keep stum in there, makes for good reading though :)

Is it worth popping up the Beacons this weekend, or is it only patchy.

Posted
dont seem that cold here tonight . :D

Above freezing here to, odd with snow cover still... but still feels cold out!!

Posted
This thread is gone soooooo quiet :) Been watchin the model thread, they up and down like yoyo's in there, so serious too lmao. Best I keep stum in there, makes for good reading though :D

How high are you.

Theres been quite a thaw today 5.5c max, just been watching the polar bears on the melting artic ice :)

Had a rain/sleet hail shower as that showery band went through temp has dropped now so the snow is safe for another night -0.2c. :D

Posted
Is it worth popping up the Beacons this weekend, or is it only patchy.

Always worth popping up :D . It's still looking good here (considering the so called 'warm up') I imagine it's still looking good in Brecon :-)

Posted

Got some wintry shower here that has been going since three o clock with it being pure snow at times and then snow and then sleet and then rain very confusing.

Posted

Nada down here... still a good covering on the north facing hills though!

Posted

Tis the end of an era for a couple of days, looks good for mid term prospects tho, so keep the fingers crossed! Still 3 inches out on the lawns but roads looking clearer away from the edges.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
:lol: all hope is not lost....Long live this thread Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England :crazy: Thought that was what I was grasping from the model thred lol.

Has been great having our own threads, been really good in here the last 10 days.... we want more lol. Only just managed to get the car out of Lakeside today!!!

Got 4 inches left now but thawing slowly, been a great winter so far, brings back memories of my childhood (snow lasting days, big icicles etc)... awesome!

I'm 35 going on 13 lol

Simon

Edited by Simon SWales

Posted
Has been great having our own threads, been really good in here the last 10 days.... we want more lol. Only just managed to get the car out of Lakeside today!!!

Got 4 inches left now but thawing slowly, been a great winter so far, brings back memories of my childhood (snow lasting days, big icicles etc)... awesome!

I'm 35 going on 13 lol

Simon

I agree, has been a good thread for myself (a newbie). I too love the snow and have no doubt we'll have more, no matter what the mods keep yoyoing out lol. Must say I've been watching that thread since this one has gone a little quiet :lol: A bit jealous of all the snow the East got today :crazy: Bring back the good old winters :lol: Just the calm before the storm I think *I hope* lol.