Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted

Temp has droped from 1.8 to 0.5 in the last hour but feel it's to little to late as after 10mins of snow it looks like the last of the precip, unless the precip that is north of us starts to sink south.

Wind sounds like it's getting stronger.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

snow has become moderate again now just as we are about to enter the clear zone to the west lol

I expect a thaw tomoro but after we have had a good frost on it i expect snow on mendips to last well into maybe even the weekend if we get clearish days to allow temp to stay low and hard frosts.

who knows maybe winter 2009 will through something even better at us yet? i have a feeling the white stuff may be back yet :D

Posted
lovely covering here now.still fairly heavy.got some nice night shots...

I don't care now if I don't see any more snow this year.Im Truly content of what we have had

Yes I totally agree we couldn't have asked for more over the last week with snow falling every night and every day since last sunday. :(

quite exceptional I might add, with some respectable snow depths for most you certainly can't say it's been a flash in the pan. :)

Snow extremely light now in the last hour leaving a 3cm covering

Posted

Well what a night :) Not as bad as forecast, but was snowing heavy here from about 6pm. It started sticking around 7 in the valley. Looked pretty deep down there, but underneath was slush. Had it not been so wet prior we'd be up to our necks in snow lol. However as I walked home from work (which took me 3 times as long due to slipping all the time) it has stuck pretty well where I live, maybe because it's higher up and all the days snow melt run down the mountain to help form the " of slush :) . Snowing very slightly now, but we had a good dumping, shame we had the rain first all day though :(

Posted

lovely snow covering here last night..certainly a event for us..

Melting now fast..

some places without power due to power lines down.

And floods in quite a few places.......

now where is spring

Posted

I suppose a 60% chance of gales heavy snow gives you a 40%chance of bugger all :rolleyes::yahoo:

Posted

Just got up and our snow from last night has all but melted. To be fair the forecast last night did indicate temps would rise after the heavy snowfall and turn to rain.

Last night's snow was very slushy....v.high water content.

The higher up you were the better the snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I think my standards have risen over the past week as we had three inches last night which left me thinking what a none event, and as BB says there's nowt in Bristol.

Posted

Well we had about 7cma before it was done here last night, about half of that has melted since, but snowing lightly again now

Looks like another band of mainly light snow forming across NW wales

SK

Posted
who knows maybe winter 2009 will through something even better at us yet? i have a feeling the white stuff may be back yet :rolleyes:
Yeah we have a week of frosts ahead of us which puts us into the third week of Feb, winter is starting to run out now for anything prolonged. If we get no further snow fall I will not be disapointed as this winter has been the best for years and years and I have really enjoyed it.

Posted

lots of flooding in places..........

I personally wont Spring now..It was a good fortnight of excitement..now bring on Spring which isn't far away

lots of power problems around glos in numerous places

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Well it snowed for a bit last night, gave a covering. Was hoping for it to still be there this morning, but it has all gone.

I think thats it for snow, but I still would like it to stay cold, just so we can record a sub 3c Month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Any snow that fell last night has indeed melted, but the snow from thursday lives on! (well, its on its last legs, but definately still there at the moment)

Its now clear and sunny, but the wind is still pretty strong

Posted

Well some dangerous driving conditions down in the valley. The foot of slush last night has inevitably turned the roads into a ice rink, never seen ice so thick on the roads :) Not sure if you'll need your ski's here today as you will defo need your ice skates :D The snow up by me has lasted the night though :)

Edited by jo200199

Posted
Well some dangerous driving conditions down in the valley. The foot of slush last night has inevitably turned the roads into a ice rink, never seen ice so thick on the roads :) Not sure if you'll need your ski's here today as you will defo need your ice skates :D The snow up by me has lasted the night though :)

Slush :)

Here is either white snow or dry, guess that'll be the wind drying everything up, reckon it'll all go today though.

Posted
Here is either white snow or dry, guess that'll be the wind drying everything up, reckon it'll all go today though.

I think you're right it will all be gone today, temps are very balmy.

Posted

The skies are blue and the sun is out, still very cold though. Think this snow may last the day, but the college is open unlike last week :) Guess I can't put off my essays any longer :D

Posted
Any snow that fell last night has indeed melted, but the snow from thursday lives on! (well, its on its last legs, but definately still there at the moment)

Exactly the same here. Still plenty lying around on the grass, shed/garage roofs etc. Mind you, it had frozen solid, hadn't it?

On this basis, I am now on consecutive day 9 of lying snow, from 4 major falls. How totally delightful! All the difficulties of driving in it, clearing the drive/pavement and road 'cos I couldn't get the car on the drive, plus my car problems, are all forgotten and just the nice bits of the whole snow experience remain! :D

Wouldn't say "No" to some more, though............. :)

Posted

I have to side with sabrina I'm afraid... time for some good, warm weather for a change! I can almost smell the BBQ... :D