Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
What happend to the Winter Storm? What happend to the snow?

Complete NON-EVENT for the whole country again.

That's a bit of a sweeping comment there!!

Winter Storm does not just mean a snow event and I think you'll find that most of the south of the country and midlands were affected by it either by snow or rain and floods!

Posted
Me on Cleeve Hill Sunday.

nice to see whos behind the keyboard.....looks good up there mate...........im glad its ended now though the week of feb 4 onwards wont be forgotten for a long time

and well said Andy Brown!!!!

Edited by dogs32

Posted
nice to see whos behind the keyboard.....looks good up there mate...........im glad its ended now though the week of feb 4 onwards wont be forgotten for a long time

and well said Andy Brown!!!!

Yes I know a week to remember in many ways, and maybe a few more snowy spells on the horizon before winter draws out. :D

Posted
Yes I know a week to remember in many ways, and maybe a few more snowy spells on the horizon before winter draws out. :D

:D ........i hope not...lol..............i won t spring with mamouth storms now and lightning

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Me on Cleeve Hill Sunday.

"

Great pic Smarty, brings back memories of the best "sledging day" ever for me .......Jan '87 Cleeve Hill whilst I was a student in Cheltenham......hitched a lift back to the halls of residence afterwards, freezing cold and got picked up by a lovely lady in a Porsche.......those were the days!!

Posted

Whats this little feature going to bring light sleet,it`s coming at the right time of day to keep the sun behind the clouds highest point of the day from thawing too much snow.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/brack0.gif

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
Most of the snow now gone. Not bad lasting 8 days in the current climate!

Good cover still around here ~ 2-3 inches with some bare patches of course. The hills at Chievley and to Marlborough still look very white from a distance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Its going to be a cold one tonight! Crystal clear out there and the temp is really dropping! Apparently it hit the balmy high of 3.8C here!

Posted

Well all, it's been fab on our regional snow thread over the last week couple of weeks since the NW mods set the regional Snow Watch threads.

Great getting those constant updates from all over our region, radar shots, etc.

I guess these threads will be 'dismantled' over the next day or so, as the snow threat recedes.

Hopefully we get some more action in the next week or so.

Models still deciding what the next 2 week trend is likely to be, by reading the posts in the model discussion thread.

Cheers all....until the next time! :D

Posted

Absolutely, been great hearing everyones snow updates, hopes, highs and lows haha. Maybe the regional idea will continue to cover all aspects, snow, storms, heatwaves... whatever people enjoy! Lets not forget, still at least 2 months where snow is possible... it was April last year and we had snow (well, I was near Slough at the time and it snowed there!) Cheers all, hope to see ya around!

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl

Watched points west earlier.. and please correct me wrong but didn't they say that the front heading east, they don't know how far east it is going to get and there is a 30% risk of something.. i think it might of been snow?

please, anyone else catch that?

Posted
Rumour has it we are due some tonight is this true i heard it at work ?
more snow tonight :) . any one know !

No snow tonight around this region, ok maybe a flurry on the Devon/Cornish moors as any light showers pass from N-S and that in Scotland and the NE of England won't affect here!!

Tomorrow maybe, just maybe, some wintriness over hgih ground in showers from 11.00-14.00 as a weak trough moves S.

Posted
Well all, it's been fab on our regional snow thread over the last week couple of weeks since the NW mods set the regional Snow Watch threads.

Great getting those constant updates from all over our region, radar shots, etc.

I guess these threads will be 'dismantled' over the next day or so, as the snow threat recedes.

Hopefully we get some more action in the next week or so.

Models still deciding what the next 2 week trend is likely to be, by reading the posts in the model discussion thread.

Cheers all....until the next time! :)

Very true, that thread is looking very interesting, even if I don't understand all the technical stuff lol. Have enjoyed joining in on this, my very first thread. I'm still going to go with more snow to come :) (Hopefully any way)

Posted
Watched points west earlier.. and please correct me wrong but didn't they say that the front heading east, they don't know how far east it is going to get and there is a 30% risk of something.. i think it might of been snow?

please, anyone else catch that?

Yes, that was for Thursday night wasn't it? Nothing to get too excited about until Thursday afternoon when things will be clearer, the HIGH pressure will be trying to dominate.

Posted
Very true, that thread is looking very interesting, even if I don't understand all the technical stuff lol. Have enjoyed joining in on this, my very first thread. I'm still going to go with more snow to come :) (Hopefully any way)

Technical stuff be damned! haha.

Blue better than yellow, white better than blue. I think thats the best way to some up the colourful charts, but only in winter. In summer, red is better than all. :)

Posted

Yesterday looked on the GFS charts for snow risk in the Uk and it showed next thursday as 100 % chance of snow at 0 metres over vast areas of the uk... infact nearly all of it????

I know its a long way off , but what is the genral consensus amongst the forecast team of what will happen in the next few weeks??

Posted
Technical stuff be damned! haha.

Blue better than yellow, white better than blue. I think thats the best way to some up the colourful charts, but only in winter. In summer, red is better than all. :)

So if I want snow it has to be......

And yes they use technical terms which totally blow me off track lol :o

Edited by jo200199

Posted
Yesterday looked on the GFS charts for snow risk in the Uk and it showed next thursday as 100 % chance of snow at 0 metres over vast areas of the uk... infact nearly all of it????

I know its a long way off , but what is the genral consensus amongst the forecast team of what will happen in the next few weeks??

Just looked at the same chart today for mid -late next week and it shows absoluteky and totally fxxk all lol.

Is winter over???

Posted
Just looked at the same chart today for mid -late next week and it shows absoluteky and totally fxxk all lol.

Is winter over???

No No!!! Going on last weeks events, it's when they don't forecast or downplay things that we get the real action :) That's what I'm hanging on to any way :o

Posted
So if I want snow it has to be......

And yes they use technical terms which totally blow me off track lol :o

Lots of things for snow to happen, but the bluer the better in the 850's, with a low pressure nearby!