Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
Lots of things for snow to happen, but the bluer the better in the 850's, with a low pressure nearby!

Hmmmm that's just what I thought :o So what's that graph with all the coloured lines on?? Can you tell I'm a complete novice? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
Hmmmm that's just what I thought :) So what's that graph with all the coloured lines on?? Can you tell I'm a complete novice? lol

Line graph? The ensembles. All the seperate runs, with the bold lines being the 'more important' ones. I think!! haha

No No!!! Going on last weeks events, it's when they don't forecast or downplay things that we get the real action :o That's what I'm hanging on to any way :D

The GFS was a bit of a mild outlier, so pretty much binnable. I believe the NW forecasts come from this data

Posted
Line graph? The ensembles. All the seperate runs, with the bold lines being the 'more important' ones. I think!! haha

The GFS was a bit of a mild outlier, so pretty much binnable. I believe the NW forecasts come from this data

LMAO...I just go by what you all write. Is the rest of this week looking pretty much calm compared to the last few days, or is there white stuff on the horizon??

Posted
LMAO...I just go by what you all write. Is the rest of this week looking pretty much calm compared to the last few days, or is there white stuff on the horizon??

Pretty calm, cool to cold and overnight frosts. Little sign of much PPN as high pressure settles over us.

Am I blagging this well enough yet?! haha

Posted

And the GFS would mean??

haha graphs for snow????????

Edited by jo200199

Posted
And the GFS would mean??

haha graphs for snow????????

Global Forecasting System I believe, its a US based model, the ECM and UKMO are European based. They make up the three main models, there are smaller ones tho.

Snow charts can be found in the data centre, including risk and depth, but should be taken with a pinch of salt!

Posted
Pretty calm, cool to cold and overnight frosts. Little sign of much PPN as high pressure settles over us.

Am I blagging this well enough yet?! haha

Doing well, not that I'd know lol. Do they have like a beginners forum for all this? I only looked on here the other day to check out the snow reports and now I'm intrigued. Sorry if I'm bugging you, just trying to shed some light on this weather business. Thankyou :)

Posted
Doing well, not that I'd know lol. Do they have like a beginners forum for all this? I only looked on here the other day to check out the snow reports and now I'm intrigued. Sorry if I'm bugging you, just trying to shed some light on this weather business. Thankyou :)

If you click out to the main forum index there is a 'Learning Area'

Clicky!

Don't worry, not bugging me, happy to help! :) I'm helping out with a pub quiz to... long distance! haha

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
Global Forecasting System I believe, its a US based model, the ECM and UKMO are European based. They make up the three main models, there are smaller ones tho.

Snow charts can be found in the data centre, including risk and depth, but should be taken with a pinch of salt!

Is that wise, since the salt is limited at the moment?

Posted
Is that wise, since the salt is limited at the moment?

Loads down here... mosty 'cos they don't grit! haha

Posted
Loads down here... mosty 'cos they don't grit! haha

Oh yes, the supplies you were running low on. A plough went by where I worked twice in an hour last night (to clear the SLUSH) yet when the snow was deep last week, not so much as a gritter, let alone a snow plough. :)

Posted
Oh yes, the supplies you were running low on. A plough went by where I worked twice in an hour last night (to clear the SLUSH) yet when the snow was deep last week, not so much as a gritter, let alone a snow plough. :)

Always the way that!! haha

Just looked at the same chart today for mid -late next week and it shows absoluteky and totally fxxk all lol.

Is winter over???

No

ECM is a big upgrade with a Northerly setting in, and the GFs operational run is one of the mildest ensembles members .

Nothing is certain the past week has proved that, but a cold rest of the month remains favoured.

Posted
No

ECM is a big upgrade with a Northerly setting in, and the GFs operational run is one of the mildest ensembles members .

Nothing is certain the past week has proved that, but a cold rest of the month remains favoured.

Sounds good to me, be nice to have a winter to remember for a change :)

Posted
GFS 18HZ is disappointing, although there is a clear difference between this and the other main models in the very short time frame.

Expect the unexpected, I have a feeling this winter will go out with a bang. Whatever happens it is making for interesting reading :)

EDIT: Just out of interest, were people on here aware of all the snow we got over the last week before it came? If so, how long before?

Edited by jo200199

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Snow is hanging on grimley around my way, it's frozen solid this morning to.

Posted

Still a couple of inches in the favoured spots, but it is totally frozen solid now haha. I think I can smell the BBQ...

Posted

Still some frozen patches in the garden. Thick fog too, earlier. Interesting combination!

Anyway, it's been great fun, with laughter and tears along the way, and I hope we can all meet up again soon. Very soon!

:yahoo::D:D

Posted
Still a couple of inches in the favoured spots, but it is totally frozen solid now haha. I think I can smell the BBQ...

No the ski slopes !!! No BBQ's yet, don't count your chickens lol. Still a ;ot of snow around here even if it is solid lol

Edited by jo200199

Posted
No the ski slopes !!! No BBQ's yet, don't count your chickens lol. Still a ;ot of snow around here even if it is solid lol

Only the upper slopes have any cover now unfortunately. The snow cannons have yet to be delivered so its looking like a white elephant at the moment! :D haha! We can dream right?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Still have about 4 to 6 inches covering on all the ground round here. road is very slushy and mushy but rest is solid.

9 days of snowcover so far not bad although i feel it wont be long now :D