Edited by dogs32

Posted
March 21 :D

not long.

dont wont anymore snow now I hope.

we are getting fed up with it

But still looking cold I think for this week with the odd snow shower

still snow here but melting

What snow here in Poole Dorset we had about an inch on the only occasion this winter last Friday, and I notice my home page is showing 62% risk of snow for most of today when its actually wall to wall sunshine with not a cloud in the sky.

Posted
What snow here in Poole Dorset we had about an inch on the only occasion this winter last Friday, and I notice my home page is showing 62% risk of snow for most of today when its actually wall to wall sunshine with not a cloud in the sky.

i hope you get some mate.

lost quite a bit of money now....so i could do with this coming to a end.....

Posted
suns out now in bristol :D . still weeks of snow chances left , been great last 8 days or so here im more then happy.

Did someone mention the S word???

Could someone please explain this polor low thing :lol:

Edited by jo200199

Posted
So you think the term "Winter Storm" was used correctly and appropriately last night even though some areas saw no snow, yet last week when we had up to a foot of snow and the term "heavy snow" was used, when in fact that was more snow back then?

Last weeks was certainly much better as it gave 4 inches of powdery snow,had an extra 2 inches last night but it was damp snow,winter storm was overcooked as the wind was nowhere near that strong for a NE,I don`t know how france got on though storm force winds were shown so a winter storm of flooding,a foot of snow in south Wales yes I suppose it was,gave alot of drifting here but high up,our road was 3/4 filled in first time it`s been cleared this year,but there was 5 feet drifts on the side from before so it fills up easier,short lived drifting though,nothing today wrong type of snow.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Well, well, well... Its wet snow falling from the sky here in the heavy showers, although the sun has been out all morning! Mad mad world

Posted

A continued slow thaw of lying snow here, bearing in mind no settling snow has fallen since about this time on Friday afternoon I'm impressed. Some people's lawns still have an even covering of half an inch on them while the hills will have some on for quite some time to come once we have a frost tonight to refreeze it.

What happend to the Winter Storm? What happend to the snow?

Complete NON-EVENT for the whole country again.

That is a grossly overexaggerated opinion Matt.

I don't think those suffereng from flooding, or those who had x number of inches of fresh snow or those who had gale force NE winds would quite agree with you.

Maybe it was a complete non-event in your back yard :) !

Well, well, well... Its wet snow falling from the sky here in the heavy showers, although the sun has been out all morning! Mad mad world

Is that 10 days out of 10 for snow falling?

Posted

Eh? Driving to work at 9.30 last night was actually the worst driving conditions I have ever driven in. Very heavy snow and lying thickly on the roads. It was worse than anything from last week.

Posted
Is that 10 days out of 10 for snow falling?

Hmm, 9 days out of 9, Monday last week to Tuesday this week, its also 9 days where there has at least been SOME snow on the ground, still a covering here and higher, but largely melted lower down except where it was ploughed to the side of the road etc.

The sun is now out now!

Posted
A continued slow thaw of lying snow here, bearing in mind no settling snow has fallen since about this time on Friday afternoon I'm impressed. Some people's lawns still have an even covering of half an inch on them while the hills will have some on for quite some time to come once we have a frost tonight to refreeze it.

Last night's snow has gone, but the previous lot, which had frozen solid, is still here, on grass, shed/garage roofs , other places where the sun doesn't shine ( :) )etc. I am confident of it still being here tomorrow, with low temps forecast. That will be the tenth day of lying snow here!

What a cracker it's been and I'd like some more, please! :)

Posted

I yearn for warmth... I think somewhere along the lines of southern Egypt would be awesome (+50C last June) ... if we can have the desert to that'd be awesome, so long as there is the odd Oasis for a quick dip n all. :)

Posted

I think winter is going to go out with a BANG .. Its not over yet just a brief lull..

For those moaning they didn't get a storm last night and i am ashamed i was one of them :air_kiss: I think we got lucky as i didn't get flooded out nor did i end up driving in a river nor do i have to dig myself out to go and get food today and at least i have nice warm dry house.and all my trees and fences are where they are meant to be not impaled in my next-door neighbour :D

Now eyes down and lets have a look where the next lot of snow is going to come from East or North?? place your bets now.

lol kaz x

Posted

From the east initially, bringing LOW temperatures but clear weather, perhaps many ice days, before a battle ground forms over Devon and we get 4 days of frontal snow from the West, I'm thinking 40inches minimum. The east would win of course and snow would remain powdery for many weeks.

The first Devon Ski Resort will open and Torbay will have ice in it.

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Been around and about the higher parts of the Stroud District, above Nailsworth/Horsley area, where there is still 6 inches of lying snow - rapid thaw mind! Need some dry days as I work outside, weekend snow every week from now would be great! Going green in Stroud...

Posted

Well I got snow in the southwest of Bristol! And it gave a covering, I'm only 35m ASL so don't know why you're not getting snow when the rest of the city does?

Posted

Maybe we should re-name this thread "Snowmelt watch". Most of our snow is going and the sun this morning felt really warm. Huge puddles of water everywhere. Gonna be horribly icy in the morning!

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl

i awoke to rain ¬_¬

but the most annoying thing was i could see hills about 1 mile away with snow on them and the school in Lydney were closed for the sake of closing

p.s is there any chance of an even on Sunday... i'm having strange feeling about then.

Edited by Tommypoo

Posted

I've just checked, and in the parts of the garden where there is no sun this time of year there is still a good 3-4inches of snow! It is also FREEZING out there, seriously cold! (The sun has gone behind the hill) down in town today though it was quite warm in the sun.

I wonder if this might last until the weekend, and perhaps get a top up ?