Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch : Scotland

Posted

The snow has reached the east coast - it usually doesn't make it across the mountains from the west. Looking at the radar, there is a whole heap of fun on the way too...

Posted

Snowing very heavily and settling on top of what we already had. Was not expecting to wake up to snow today.

Posted

Radar I use says I should have some. :) I ain't in the west, bang in the middle of the central belt.

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-...;soort=loop1uur

Remember and post snow in snow reports - that'll take some (down south) by surprise this morning :pardon:

Edited by Delta X-Ray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Yep. finally snowing in Fife. Anyone know how long it's to last? Had a quick look at the radar and it seems to be intensifying so I can't see it missing you Delta.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

absolutely chucking it down here with snow , we've had a real pasting , i'd estimate around 4-5cm here already. All the airports in the central belt seem to be doing fine but the race meeting at kelso today has been cancelled. It's been snowing solid here for around an hour

Edited by Calum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

scotland seems to be coping well with this mornings heavy snowfall , the mate , Edinburgh City Bypass and most other main routes are still open , if a bit slow. Just heard on local radio that the A1 from Dunbar to Edinburgh is down to one lane at the moment due to heavy snowfall , still very heavy here

Edited by Calum

Posted

Yup LadyP, didn't think it would get over here, started at 7 as per meto warning. Snowing moderately and slow moving

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Steady snowfall here since 6:30. About 7cms on the grass [over the old frozen bit] and 5-6 cms on the patio. Just arrived in town where there is about 4cms but lying even on the main roads and bus routes. Glad to at last have had one at least moderate snowfall out of this spell. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

I have saw about 20 small fine flakes so far this morning........ :)

Guest Shetland Coastie

Well thats about 3-4 inches of snow here this morning although it seems to have eased off a bit now. Still gently flaking away though. :)

Posted

Another two or three inches of snow on top of the lying snow. A bit of a surprise!

Judging by the radar, I think we have seen the heaviest go through and it will continue with light snow for another couple of hours.

Posted

Those 850s have hit zero on the west coast and are inching eastwards. :(

Something was I thinking about on the way to work.

Last winter there were heaps of westerly fronts bringing snow to the west & mountains. When they hit the east coast they were rain, if anything reached us at all. This winter at least 2 westerly fronts have brought reasonable amounts of snow. Most unusual. We've even had some snowfall from a southerly direction...

The next big hurdle is to get something from an easterly!

Edited by LadyPakal

Posted

Still on strong about 8 cm,but i;m a little higher up. Just walked the we man to pre-school and it was up to his knees in some bits,but he is only 4. :( ,

Amazing but on the traffic scotland web cams, it seems worse around dundee area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
Still on strong about 8 cm,but i;m a little higher up. Just walked the we man to pre-school and it was up to his knees in some bits,but he is only 4. :( ,

Amazing but on the traffic scotland web cams, it seems worse around dundee area.

Yes, after Drummochter, Longforgan appears to be worst hit this morning though aplough has gone through recently. Still falling steadily in the town centre with roads treacherous. My wife says my tyre tracks from this morning are completely filled in at home.

Posted

As I type snow is falling and blowing about on a strong southerly wind, another 4 inches fresh on what we already have, currently -1c. Speaking to my electrcian a few minutes ago he tells me that the Moray council in Dufftown are using JCBs and lorries to cart snow off the streets as they have over 40 inches lying there . Wonder how London would cope with that?

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

snow falling here. very heavy in Glasgow this has been the best winter in a long time