Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2010 - Heads Up..

Paul

Posted
Tour 1 has turned green, everyone is Irish :lol:

I'm not either!! :lol:

I've got a few Scottish relatives across the border but I'm not aware of an Irish connection.

Posted
:lol:

I would of loved to have seen you mate...I remember you saying how you are scared of lightning........this trip should cure you :lol:

glad you are going

Edited by dogs32

Posted
I would of loved to have seen you mate...I remember you saying how you are scared of lightning........this trip should cure you :lol:

glad you are going

yup I fear of lightning and have a slight fear of flying. this could be fun :) :lol:

Posted
Yes you are and I will prove it in an hour or two. just need to pick little cousin from the airport first. :lol:

:lol: ...Im Irish through and through...but not a lot of people know.....feel bad about the last 900 yrs of the bad english

raping and pillaging the Irish for 900 years

Edited by dogs32

Posted
I have a Irish name but Im not on there to tease John :lol:

I knew I had it somewhere... thanks Tom... Proof that your irish or else you were too drunk to remember which is OK too. :lol:

Back on topic though... cant wait for SC 2010 already. Are we saying Stormchase Twenty Ten or Stormchase Two Thousand and Ten???

Posted

storm chase ten.

its going to be a once in a lifetime experience.

like my mum who did dislike flying and had fear of flying she went to Jamaica back in 99 as part of uni and she was terrified of flying. now she dose it all the time.

so I can't stop the dislike of flying from me going!

Posted

Ok Tour 1, a mixture of green and various frightened parties. :D

I had a terrible fear of lightning myself cookie when i was younger, nothing like a box of pringles, a sunbed and several local Majorca brew and a storm to overcome the fear and i was cured. Now i thrive on it and pringles too.

The flying end of things is no bother. Think of it as a big coach with wings and lovely people serving you bevies.

I flew through a storm over the Bay of Biscay on the way home from the Canary Is. and what an experience that was, though i was the only one YeeHaw'ing on the plane :)

Edited by Snowbie

Posted
I knew I had it somewhere... thanks Tom... Proof that your irish or else you were too drunk to remember which is OK too. :lol:

Back on topic though... cant wait for SC 2010 already. Are we saying Stormchase Twenty Ten or Stormchase Two Thousand and Ten???

:lol: :rofl::rofl: ....What can i say..it must of been the heavy Bud session from the night before..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
:D:good::good: ....What can i say..it must of been the heavy Bud session from the night before..

Pat

you thought it was immigration asking you the questions. I said where are you from and you said "Ireland." I asked what you were doing here and you said " Sightseeing" Bloody sightseeing!

Cookie, it is not a bad thing to be cautious with lightning it can kill but with us you are in safe hands , lightning is treated with respect.

As for flying, flying is one of the safest forms of transport. Get a bottle of red wine and a good movie and jet away to a fantastic experience.

Tom (Northerm Monkey)

Posted
Ok Tour 1, a mixture of green and various frightened parties. :)

I had a terrible fear of lightning myself cookie when i was younger, nothing like a box of pringles, a sunbed and several local Majorca brew and a storm to overcome the fear and i was cured. Now i thrive on it and pringles too.

The flying end of things is no bother. Think of it as a big coach with wings and lovely people serving you bevies.

I flew through a storm over the Bay of Biscay on the way home from the Canary Is. and what an experience that was, though i was the only one YeeHaw'ing on the plane :)

thanks mate :)

:rofl: @ the yeehaw on the plane

Pat

you thought it was immigration asking you the questions. I said where are you from and you said "Ireland." I asked what you were doing here and you said " Sightseeing" Bloody sightseeing!

Cookie, it is not a bad thing to be cautious with lightning it can kill but with us you are in safe hands , lightning is treated with respect.

As for flying, flying is one of the safest forms of transport. Get a bottle of red wine and a good movie and jet away to a fantastic experience.

Tom (Northerm Monkey)

thanks mate that helps and I wouldn't be going if I thought I wasn't in safe hands.

yeah I know its one the safest forms transport, but if you you have like me watched lost well planes breaking into pieces dose spring to mind.

Posted
Pat

Tom (Northerm Monkey)

Tom ,

you reminded me of the Gestapo when you where questioning me :rofl:

ziech heil my furer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
Tom ,

you reminded me of the Gestapo when you where questioning me :doh:

ziech heil my furer

Ve haff ways of making you talk, you swine.

Tom

Ve haff ways of making you talk, you swine.

Tom

But agreeing to being Irish, really Pat.

But John has you banged to rights old chap.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Hey Guys

Thought you might like this vid, was taken when I flew out of Lagos, Nigeria straight though a storm, gets pretty interesting just after 2mins and then when flying out of the storm see some fork lightning streaking by at 4:47, would be great to get your thoughts on it!

Posted
Hey Guys

Thought you might like this vid, was taken when I flew out of Lagos, Nigeria straight though a storm, gets pretty interesting just after 2mins and then when flying out of the storm see some fork lightning streaking by at 4:47, would be great to get your thoughts on it!

GREAT VIDEO...

loved to have been in the front of a jet to witness this storm.also must of been scary :)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Looks like the last place on Tour 3 will be gone either today or tomorrow as someone has come forward today and expressed an Interest, and although they have not booked yet now would be the time to jump in quick if you are thinking about it.

There are still 2/5 Spaces left for Tour 4 Still which is our 1st June Tour if the 1 remaining space on Tour 3 goes today!!

Paul S

Posted

Hi All,

Looking forward to the BBQ in a few weeks :doh:

I was looking at flights today as apparently BA have a sale on at the moment.

A flight from Heathrow to Dallas is currently £340.

I was just curious about how much they usually cost?

J x

Posted

That's about the norm that people will book at - they can be up to £400 plus, and sometimes closer to £300. AA is sometimes a bit cheaper, but the BA flights are more comfortable in my experience.

Posted
That's about the norm that people will book at - they can be up to £400 plus, and sometimes closer to £300. AA is sometimes a bit cheaper, but the BA flights are more comfortable in my experience.

Thanks x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Does everyone fly out individually then or do we clump together at the same time and get the same flights?

Posted

I just checked the prices for flying out from Manchester with BA and the cost at the moment comes to £290 return!!

That's not bad at all!!

Posted
Does everyone fly out individually then or do we clump together at the same time and get the same flights?

if we can try to get the same flights its bettre as in Dallas we are not waiting around for people to land..

this year me and Paul and Tammy had to wait for people while there was a high risk and Mcs AROUND... :lol:

AND COULDNT DO MUCH ABOUT IT :D

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Harry

The way it works is you fly out on the Travel day which is not technically a Chase Day........But if like this year a Risk is within 100-200 Miles of DFW Then we will Chase it. Tour 2 Had an amazing experience with a Snaky Funnel Cloud literally 60 Minutes after leaving the Airport along I20 This Year.

So for Instance if your Chase days are 20th December to 29th December your "Travel Days" are the 19th and 30th leaving the 10 days for Chasing in between. The Staff get to the USA 1 Day before as we have to set up the Systems, get the Cars and make sure everything is running smoothly for when you guys land.

There will no doubt be a few people (Guests) on the same flights as AA & BA Have the monopoly. When you get to through Customs it is a short Free Shuttle Bus to the Car Rentals upon where we will pick you up and meet and greet.

Cheers

Paul S