Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2010 - Heads Up..

Paul

Posted

Hi, I have just send an email to Paul to tell him I still going biggrin.gif .

Danny.

:wallbash: WTF - Danny you crack me up - As a said in my Pm would not be the same without you out there Mate!

Welcome back!

laugh.gif WTF - Danny you crack me up - As a said in my Pm would not be the same without you out there Mate!

Welcome back!

Thanks managed to sort things out. Can look forward going again now yahoo.gif .

Danny.

Edited by wiganweather.com

Posted

Updated as of August 13th

Staff Members in Red!

Tour 1 - 27th April to 8th May - SOLD OUT

---------------

Paul Sherman - Driver and Barons Operator

Paul Michaelwhite - Driver and Technical

John Hanrahan - Driver, GPS and Technical

Tom Lynch - Driver, Forecaster and Barons Operator

Andrew Paisley - (AndyP)

Harry Hill - (Harry)

Ian Pickering - (Anyweather)

Karl Mehlhorn - (Snowbie)

Stuart Squires - (Stu London)

Trevor Mitchell

Tour 2 - 8th May to 19th May - SOLD OUT

--------------

Ian Cameron - GPS & Technical

Tom Lynch - Driver and Forecaster

Arron Hiscox - (Smokes)

Danny Watson - (wiganweather.com)

David Vicary

Joanna Fulcher - (Clippyjo)

Mark Pritchard - (MCT)

Pat Carter - (dogs32)

Peter Hulbert - (gpspete)

Tour 3 - 19th May to 30th May - SOLD OUT

--------------

Ian Cameron - GPS and Technical

Nick Finnis - Driver and Forecaster

Craig Hough - (craig1uk)

Darren Davies

Pat Carter - (dogs32)

Quentin Hordle - (dorsetbred)

Maxine Hordle

Stewart - (Audmun)

Clare Hudson

Tour 4 - 30th May to 10th June - 2/5 Spaces Left

---------------

Staff - (TBC)

Scott Haynes - (Scott86)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are No Spaces left on Tours 1,2 & 3 as at 13th August 2009.

Tour 4 has 2/5 Spaces left - We may add an additional Car to this tour if more demand becomes apparant over the next 8 months.

If this is the case another Staff member / Driver will be needed also for this tour.

Regards

Paul Sherman

Posted

This has been an unusually mild year in Tornado Alley, which is good news, of course, for the people who live here, but a little frustrating to scientists who planned to chase twisters as part of a $10 million research project.

Nationwide, there were 826 tornadoes this year through June 30, compared with an average of 934 for the same period during the previous three years, according to the National Severe Storms Laboratory in Norman, Okla. Most twisters strike in Tornado Alley, which generally extends from Texas and Oklahoma to Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota.

During a remarkable 17-day lull from mid-May through early June, there were no tornado watches issued anywhere in the United States. And that is typically the height of the season in Tornado Alley.

The relative calm usually follows a horrific 2008, when 1,304 tornadoes and 121 deaths were recorded by the end of June. In all of last year, there were 1,691 tornadoes and 126 deaths.

Calm BEFORE THE NEXT YEAR'S STORM :D

i hope..Vice versa..calm then outbreak year

and of course minimal amount of injury

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Hi Folks,

Just thought i would introduce myself to everyone as im new to the forum. Well, My names Scott as you can see by the username and i am currently living in Lisburn, County Antrim which is just outside Belfast. I am down for the tour 4 date next year and i must say i have never been looking forward to anything as much in my life! Any aspect of the weather, particularly lightning and tornadoes fascinates me and has done sice i was a young fella, any sign of a storm and im outside waiting for it (which is quite a rare occurence over here) lol but when they do arrive they are usually quite spectacular. Ive spent a while reading through the reviews and pictures of all the previous chases and the excitement is bubbling already, the bbq looked fantastic fun aswell so i hope to be making an appearance at next year's! In regards to booking flights any pointers as to which website to use would be most appreciated!

Cheers

Scott

Posted

Welcome aboard Scott :(

Watch this space for the flight booking side of things, we're just in the process of creating a price check web page for our guests to use!

Posted

Sad to hear about Danny I know he was looking forward to the trip.

Tom

Yip me too.

Thanks managed to sort things out. Can look forward going again now yahoo.gif .

Danny.

And i suppose i should have read the entire thread before posting. <_< Nice one Danny, delighted your able to make it!

Hi Folks,

Just thought i would introduce myself to everyone as im new to the forum. Well, My names Scott as you can see by the username and i am currently living in Lisburn, County Antrim which is just outside Belfast. I am down for the tour 4 date next year and i must say i have never been looking forward to anything as much in my life! Any aspect of the weather, particularly lightning and tornadoes fascinates me and has done sice i was a young fella, any sign of a storm and im outside waiting for it (which is quite a rare occurence over here) lol but when they do arrive they are usually quite spectacular. Ive spent a while reading through the reviews and pictures of all the previous chases and the excitement is bubbling already, the bbq looked fantastic fun aswell so i hope to be making an appearance at next year's! In regards to booking flights any pointers as to which website to use would be most appreciated!

Cheers

Scott

Nice one Scott. you will love it!

Posted

for the newbies on next year's tour..

Vid showing in between Supercell's banter

one more for the lucky people giving them an idea of what its like..

Wont posting anymore or I will be getting carried away :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

for the newbies on next year's tour..

Vid showing in between Supercell's banter

Pat

I do like the evidence collected, when Paul openly admits to going through a turnpike without paying - You have it on video. Blackmail ??

Tom

Posted

lol..Tom...

A look at this for Team one..

Does this bring back memories

I found this of Puducha on the same day we were there

Edited by dogs32

Posted

lol..Tom...

A look at this for Team one..

Does this bring back memories

I found this of Puducha on the same day we were there

Yes Pat it brings back fond memories of that day. Thanks for that. It does look like getting out of town was the best option.

Tom

Posted

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM :oops::D

Hi Pat , with regard to one of your questions this is an LP storm taken near Woodward Oklahoma 3.5 hours before Greensburg got hit.

post-2466-12507176868148_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I had a dream about next years chase last night :( Gah, too long to wait!

Think i've had about 6 dreams about storm chasing now!

Can't wait for next year, only about 8 and a half months to go!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Think i've had about 6 dreams about storm chasing now!

Can't wait for next year, only about 8 and a half months to go!

I haven't had any dreams yet - though that may be because I am trying my damn hardest not to think about it!! I don't want to be getting excited now, when we haven't even left August yet, lol!!

Once winter starts setting in hardcore, and thunder/lightning comes once/twice in 6 months, I'll be well and truly chomping at the bit, especially if April 2010 is a repeat of this year, with MCS' skipping up the E Kent coast, or just dieing!!! Come Tuesday 27th April AM, Heathrow Terminal 5 won't know what's hit it - I'll be like a bull elephant on musk :( (sorry for the bad imagery lol)

Posted

I haven't had any dreams yet - though that may be because I am trying my damn hardest not to think about it!! I don't want to be getting excited now, when we haven't even left August yet, lol!!

Once winter starts setting in hardcore, and thunder/lightning comes once/twice in 6 months, I'll be well and truly chomping at the bit, especially if April 2010 is a repeat of this year, with MCS' skipping up the E Kent coast, or just dieing!!! Come Tuesday 27th April AM, Heathrow Terminal 5 won't know what's hit it - I'll be like a bull elephant on musk :( (sorry for the bad imagery lol)

lol....i have had many dream's now...I know what you mean about trying not to think about..I have it sooooo bad Im going off here in Autumn to try to forget aBout the trip because I am not getting anything done:lol:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Hello,

Just introducing myself as Trevor Mitchell, the last member of tour one. Booked up a couple of weeks ago, and i am ridiculously excited about going. I have read the stormchase forums enviously the last couple of years, but i am finally able to afford to go. I very rarely post on here, but lurk on the forums regularly.

I am by no means an expert on thunderstorms or supercells, but i know a bit. I used to be scared of them when i was younger, but i love them now. I am also interested in hurricanes, and snow, of course!

I live and work in Norwich, but i am currently re-taking a-levels with the aim of studying Meteorology at university.

I have already started making plans for this trip. I have not been abroad for eighteen years and have never flown alone, but i am already counting down the days.

I look forward to speaking to you all, and meeting some of you!