Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2010 - Heads Up..

Paul

Posted
I just checked the prices for flying out from Manchester with BA and the cost at the moment comes to £290 return!!

That's not bad at all!!

That's bloody great - worth getting tickets at that price..

I just checked the prices for flying out from Manchester with BA and the cost at the moment comes to £290 return!!

That's not bad at all!!

Hi Andy that's is a fantastic deal! I am flying out from Manchester to DFW for

Tour 2. Not sure about the dates of Tour 2 but the best deal I can find is US Airways £324 return. BA Is a lot better than US Airways.

Danny.

Posted

remember any flights leaving on friday pm/saturday am will get booked up early checked AA flight from heathrow on 8th may some of the seats in economy class are already booked so be carfull if you want to arrive sat. afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Harry

The way it works is you fly out on the Travel day which is not technically a Chase Day........But if like this year a Risk is within 100-200 Miles of DFW Then we will Chase it. Tour 2 Had an amazing experience with a Snaky Funnel Cloud literally 60 Minutes after leaving the Airport along I20 This Year.

So for Instance if your Chase days are 20th December to 29th December your "Travel Days" are the 19th and 30th leaving the 10 days for Chasing in between. The Staff get to the USA 1 Day before as we have to set up the Systems, get the Cars and make sure everything is running smoothly for when you guys land.

There will no doubt be a few people (Guests) on the same flights as AA & BA Have the monopoly. When you get to through Customs it is a short Free Shuttle Bus to the Car Rentals upon where we will pick you up and meet and greet.

Cheers

Paul S

Cheers Paul!

Assuming I have read it right lol :) , there is one flight leaving Heathrow on Tues 27th April at 11:40am, arriving at DFW at 15:40 (£165) - then coming back, departing on Fri 8th May from DFW at 17:35 and arriving 08:40am (£180) - total £345. It appears that this is the only BA flight on Tues 27th April! So I am thinking it is worth booking up earlier rather than later....would that be advised?

Cheers in advance.

Edited by Harry

Posted
Cheers Paul!

Assuming I have read it right lol :) , there is one flight leaving Heathrow on Tues 27th April at 11:40am, arriving at DFW at 15:40 (£165) - then coming back, departing on Fri 8th May from DFW at 17:35 and arriving 08:40am (£180) - total £345. It appears that this is the only BA flight on Tues 27th April! So I am thinking it is worth booking up earlier rather than later....would that be advised?

Cheers in advance.

Harry 8th may 2010 is a saturday

checked flight prices heathrow/ dallas fw. AA. depart LHR 10:25 arrive DFW 14:25

Dallas FW/heathrow depart DFW16:45 arrive LHR 07:50 or = £438.10p

depart DFW 19:40 arrive LHR 10:45

or with BA depart LHR 11:40 arrive DFW 15:40

depart DFW 17:35 arrive LHR 08:40 = £344.10p

Posted
Harry 8th may 2010 is a saturday

checked flight prices heathrow/ dallas fw. AA. depart LHR 10:25 arrive DFW 14:25

Dallas FW/heathrow depart DFW16:45 arrive LHR 07:50 or = £438.10p

depart DFW 19:40 arrive LHR 10:45

or with BA depart LHR 11:40 arrive DFW 15:40

depart DFW 17:35 arrive LHR 08:40 = £344.10p

Oh yeah, derr :lol: for some reason in my head I had it from Tues - Fri

Oh well never mind - same price which is good :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Well untill it's time to book I'll be buying everything either from tesco's on on my tesco's clubcard credit card to rack up those points for some air miles!! Good job my yearly rail travel card, car insurance and house insurance are all due!!

Jo

-x-

Posted

Yep good idea, i paid for my flights and hotel in London this year with airmiles :)

Posted
Hi Andy that's is a fantastic deal! I am flying out from Manchester to DFW for

Tour 2. Not sure about the dates of Tour 2 but the best deal I can find is US Airways £324 return. BA Is a lot better than US Airways.

Danny.

I must admitt Danny I'm not familiar with booking flights over the internet and I've never been over to America before!! So I had another look at the flight details today at work and it looks like the flight price I quoted yesterday is going from Manchester to DFW via Heathrow. I thought it might have been a direct flight to DFW from Manchester.

Danny are the flights you've looked at travelling via Heathrow as well?

Can anyone tell me if that's normal procedure for travelling to DFW from Manchester?

Posted
I told a few weeks back £450, going from Glasgow via Amsterdam and onto DFW and back

Try going via Newark, New York mate, it will be less frustrating than going the wrong way to Amsterdam and hopefuly quicker.

Posted

lol. I dont see how it will be quicker but that would depend on changeover times. Plus, try coming all the way over the atlantic then fly straight over Glasgow the continue for an hour or 2 to amsterdam then have to go back the way an hour later. Very annoying :D

Posted

Re The Flights to the US Next Year:

It is advisable to try to arrive around 12-4pm DFW Time as then we tend to drive to a target or stage a journey for Chase Day 1 that day, I think Bob came over on the Amsterdam flight which arrived at about 1pm whereas the AA Flights gets in at 230pm and then the BA Flight at 340pm.

Update

We currently have 2 People who have expressed an Interest in the Last place on Tour 3 and This space as of 11th July is still open but should be gone pretty soon leaving just Tour 4 Left for next year.

Paul S

I must admitt Danny I'm not familiar with booking flights over the internet and I've never been over to America before!! So I had another look at the flight details today at work and it looks like the flight price I quoted yesterday is going from Manchester to DFW via Heathrow. I thought it might have been a direct flight to DFW from Manchester.

Danny are the flights you've looked at travelling via Heathrow as well?

Can anyone tell me if that's normal procedure for travelling to DFW from Manchester?

Normally I find the best deals on flights to the USA using expedia.co.uk This year I paid £290 for a return flight from Manchester Via Philadelphia to Dallas Fort Worth.

Just had a look today for next year Tour 2 the best deal I can find is a Expedia Special Fare Manchester to DFW Via Amsterdam for £314. Not bad but a long day. If I was on this flight I would go 1 or 2 day's before the start of the chase to adjust to time change and get some sleep.

Danny.

Edited by wiganweather.com

Posted

Remember to use quidco as well if you book through expedia, might make it slightly cheaper when you take into account the cashback :whistling:

Posted

Booked my flights - was the cheapest direct flight available at the moment.

BA departing 27/4 at 11.40 LHR and arriving 3.40 DFW, coming back on the 8/5 departing at 17.40 and arriving at 8.40.

Probably be told I've ballsed up with the dates - hope not!! lol - just wanted to take advantage of the BA sale that ends tomorrow.

Posted

Update as of 15th July 2009

The final Space on Tour 3 has Now Gone to Clare Hudson

But............................................

Unfortunately Richard Cooke (Cookie) has had to drop out of Tour 1 which means amazingly there is still 1 Space Begging on the 1st Tour which runs from April 27th until May 8th

So if you were interested in that tour now is the time to step forward as this place will probably not last long

TOUR 1 - 1 SPACE REMAINING

TOUR 2 - SOLD OUT

TOUR 3 - SOLD OUT

TOUR 4 - 2/5 SPACES REMAINING

Paul S

Posted

Updated as of July 15th

Staff Members in Red!

Tour 1 - 27th April to 8th May - 1 SPACE REMAINING

---------------

Paul Sherman - Driver and Barons Operator

Paul Michaelwhite - Driver and Technical

John Hanrahan - Driver, GPS and Technical

Tom Lynch - Driver, Forecaster and Barons Operator

Andrew Paisley - (AndyP)

Harry Hill - (Harry)

Ian Pickering - (Anyweather)

Karl Mehlhorn - (Snowbie)

Stuart Squires - (Stu London)

Tour 2 - 8th May to 19th May - SOLD OUT

--------------

Ian Cameron - GPS & Technical

Tom Lynch - Driver and Forecaster

Arron Hiscox - (Smokes)

Danny Watson - (wiganweather.com)

David Vicary

Joanna Fulcher - (Clippyjo)

Mark Pritchard - (MCT)

Pat Carter - (dogs32)

Peter Hulbert - (gpspete)

Tour 3 - 19th May to 30th May - SOLD OUT

--------------

Ian Cameron - GPS and Technical

Nick Finnis - Driver and Forecaster

Craig Hough - (craig1uk)

Darren Davies

Pat Carter - (dogs32)

Quentin Hordle - (dorsetbred)

Maxine Hordle

Stewart - (Audmun)

Clare Hudson

Tour 4 - 30th May to 10th June - 2/5 Spaces Left

---------------

Staff - (TBC)

Scott Haynes - (Scott86)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is only 1 space left on Tour 1 as at 15th July 2009.

Tour 4 has 2/5 Spaces left - We may add an additional Car to this tour if more demand becomes apparant over the next 9 months.

If this is the case another Staff member / Driver will be needed also for this tour.

Regards

Paul Sherman

Posted
ed_imgsnn0203d_265_37735a.jpg

(I know it isnt you, Harry!)

:rolleyes:

Posted

9 months :D

and we will be in Storm Heaven with the Barron's

I think also just the countdown is going to be exciting..

I miss Ihops :D

and the regular Subs

and the Buds on the side of the road and having a coffee with Reed :D

and Josh

Im dreaming of good times ahead

Oh and beating Paul at Pool :D :lol:

and showing Ian how to play 10 pin

OK im crap...I admit it :db:

43oZ last time......done in 30 mins...cant be bad

Im in training for 10 pin and the Steak

Edited by dogs32