Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted
All for us then maybe :yahoo:

Expect a quiet night down there in the south, a lil rain to wet the gardens and then the same old mugginess. Tomorrow more of the same with Scotland and NW areas in the firing line. Then we look too monday :doh:

Posted
Hmm interesting stuff!

Round my mates but they've fallen asleep, bloody lightweight lol. Gives me a chance to radar watch lol! Am very surprised this precip has come ashore!! Does seem to have intensified a fair bit since running ashore! Will be looking out for the next hour or so (from Rochester) in case of further intensification and more importantly, electrical activity :doh:

You sure you never dropped a little something in their drinks, your anxiety got the better of you :yahoo:

Posted

Yeah saw the pics James - One of the hazards of Living in Oklahoma I suppose!

Paul S

Posted
Oh i know its not funny. Believe me i know how you feel. Just thought the 'telephone boxing conspiracy' comment was hilarious.

It's The Doctors fault! I knew the lack of storms around here was not natural I knew it!

I at least want some rain here after all this dissapointment but that doesn't look like its going to happen. The whole sky is completely still not even the movement of a leaf in the tops of the trees.

Posted

Paul S

Yeah i know. BUT STILL.... IN MY BACK YARD! And after i leave. What are the chances.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
You sure you never dropped a little something in their drinks, your anxiety got the better of you

Well to look you'd think so lol

Would have been a waste of chemicals though as nothing more seems to be developing other than a bit of light rain! Just text my mate at Uni to watch out in Aberdeen as there is a mean looking cell heading his way!!

All eyes on monday!

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Latest GFS charts in and it's still looking good. Later on Monday late afternoon, early evening, holds some really high CAPE and LI of -6 for the Midlands. If this were to pull off, we'll be looking at some big night time storms.

Yummy Yummy Yummy. :doh::yahoo:

Posted

Oooh yeah! Monday looking even better now! Keep going baby!!

The light rain looks like its going to miss me - not a good omen for me for monday if this is anything go by lol

Edited by Harry

Posted
Well to look you'd think so lol

Would have been a waste of chemicals though as nothing more seems to be developing other than a bit of light rain! Just text my mate at Uni to watch out in Aberdeen as there is a mean looking cell heading his way!!

All eyes on monday!

In the NEWS today, man drugs friends in order to ogle radar on internet lol

Posted

Paul S

Dont you mean one of the bonuses of living in Oklahoma?yes i know it dangerous,and deadly,but what a way to go huh,better than dribbling in an old peoples home[i dont mean my family by the way,only me personally] :yahoo:

Posted
Dont you mean one of the bonuses of living in Oklahoma?yes i know it dangerous,and deadly,but what a way to go huh,better than dribbling in an old peoples home[i dont mean my family by the way,only me personally] :yahoo:

HAHA LMAO so true.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think Wales becomes alot more of a 'breeding ground' on this run. Better Cape is just one of the factors but this obviously isnt the only factor to storms but it certainly helps!

Posted
I dont think the SE will doo well on Monday, i think its going to be too for North. A lot of wasted cape.

:doh::D :o :yahoo:

Posted
Well unless NE England has moved into Scotland that would be right.... LOL.. Weve just had a thunderstorm several flashes of lightning

and very loud 'boooming' thunder, a very pleased northerner here :doh: .. Oot the 'No storms Club..

@7:45pm.

Pleased that you are out of the no storms club, as i only saw 1 flash of lightning i'm not counting as me leaving the no storms club as of yet. Its just typical though the shower just develops to the east of my location and seeing those on the coast getting heavy rain and more chance of seeing any lightning. Not a drop of rain here and only saw 1 flash by 'pot luck' as i just looked out of the window randomly and saw a nice shower cloud to my East and moments later the flash of lightning appeared.

Know my luck, on Monday, with sea breezes likely to affect further inland than today, i suspect all the showers to be the west of me. :yahoo:

Posted
Heavy shower here at the moment, nothing thundery though :doh:

I did not even get the heavy shower bit,dry as a bone here,it split perfectly just before it reached me :yahoo:

Posted
With each run on the GFS I have a feeling that the highest storm risk will be further East. So the SE, EA and the East Midlands I think will have the best chance of getting big storms. Will have to wait and see obviously but I gotta say, it's looking peachy. :yahoo:

They will be too bands i think, one around south wales pushing ESE and one N wales pushing east. I agree, the midlands (east in particular) and lincs/east yorkshire will take a direct hit with storms lasting well into the night.

SE i think will miss out, with the odd thunderstorm breaking out.

Posted
With each run on the GFS I have a feeling that the highest storm risk will be further East. So the SE, EA and the East Midlands I think will have the best chance of getting big storms. Will have to wait and see obviously but I gotta say, it's looking peachy. :yahoo:

I dont know how you think that really! All looks pretty much exactly the same as before if slightly better!

Posted
They will be too bands i think, one around south wales pushing ESE and one N wales pushing east. I agree, the midlands (east in particular) and lincs/east yorkshire will take a direct hit with storms lasting well into the night.

SE i think will miss out, with the odd thunderstorm breaking out.

If a band of storms breaks out across S Wales and pushes ESE, does that not head therefore for London and the SE? :yahoo:

Posted
If a band of storms breaks out across S Wales and pushes ESE, does that not head therefore for London and the SE? :yahoo:

Nopes, Hits EA/Cambridge with some intensification on the southern edge, before clearing just N kent coast line (giving a good display) :doh:

Edited by Lewis

Posted
Nopes, Hits EA/Cambridge with some intensification on the southern edge, before clearing just N kent coast line (giving a good display) ;)

IMO it's far to early to make silly assumptions like that. With a slack airflow around almost anything could happen - just look at today, heavy showers across the SE at the moment which should've been on the continent! :doh:

Posted

Thats ok, I live in NW Kent :doh:

If however storms do follow a similar track, the storms themselves could aid release of the CAPE across the SE!

Wouldnt it be funny if the SE and EA get pummelled, and the midlands get only isolate downpours...would only be fair...lol

Look at the intensification across SE Kent...shows how unpredictable these things are!!

Edited by Harry

Posted
IMO it's far to early to make silly assumptions like that. With a slack airflow around almost anything could happen - just look at today, heavy showers across the SE at the moment which should've been on the continent! :doh:

lol, of course it's way to early, its what normally happens in these type of setups (when it's coming from the west) it all depends on direction/orientation of the precip. Slack airflow could end up being the problem for some areas.