Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Unstable skies outside , alot of altocumulus aswell. There is a rather humid feeling outside and it feels as if it wants to go bang lol

Posted
Well unless NE England has moved into Scotland that would be right.... LOL.. Weve just had a thunderstorm several flashes of lightning

and very loud 'boooming' thunder, a very pleased northerner here :good: .. Oot the 'No storms Club..

@7:45pm.

sods law i aint at home am in seaham and i miss the storm its lovely here

Posted

I just had a heavy shower here, the skies look a bit menacing with the remaining light outside.

Just fired up Google Earth with the GPS receiver and the Meteox overlay so I can track the precipitation a bit closer.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

got very dark here again, id say der will be more thunder

Posted

There is a big assed cell on the radar moving from NI in to scotland and I'm right in the fireing line for it. Tell me thers sferic acitvity in it?! There has to be!

Posted

yes i can confirm that this cloud of cells will have a lot of intensity in it as it was very heavy when it was here and lasted about 2hrs

Posted
yes i can confirm that this cloud of cells will have a lot of intensity in it as it was very heavy when it was here and lasted about 2hrs

*PRAYS* please please please I haven't seen lighting in over three years please please please

damnit gonna be watching the radar like a hawk now...I'm sat beside the window flicking between the two haha.

Posted
Very heavy shower almost stopped, but gutters overflowing/ streams running down the road! Those further west may see thunder should this continue to intensify (as per radar images).

Think you must mean East ??

So if Sammy and Stuart get a storm that is 3 departing the "No Storms Club" :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
*PRAYS* please please please I haven't seen lighting in over three years please please please

damnit gonna be watching the radar like a hawk now...I'm sat beside the window flicking between the two haha.

I think most of any ferics/Lightning has mostly died out now. Tomorrow is the next chance for you lot up North.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
Think you must mean East ??

So if Sammy and Stuart get a storm that is 3 departing the "No Storms Club" :yahoo:

I saw a distant storm I think it was the 1st of June just heard distant rumbles so technically I'm out the club already. Havent seen lighting in well over 3 years now. I NEED lighting before I go crazy.

I think most of any ferics/Lightning has mostly died out now. Tomorrow is the next chance for you lot up North.
UGH FML oh well, whats another few weeks hahaha.

It has gone very erily quiet here though. The garden needs a good drenching hasn't rained here in weeks now.

Posted

ROFL haha you sound like me when im out chasing haha

Posted
ROFL haha you sound like me when im out chasing haha

I would kill to chase, would have booked a place this year but the dates fall in my uni exam time FML.

The world is against me seeing a storm. It's a telephone boxing conspiricy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hmm interesting stuff!

Round my mates but they've fallen asleep, bloody lightweight lol. Gives me a chance to radar watch lol! Am very surprised this precip has come ashore!! Does seem to have intensified a fair bit since running ashore! Will be looking out for the next hour or so (from Rochester) in case of further intensification and more importantly, electrical activity :yahoo:

Posted
I would kill to chase, would have booked a place this year but the dates fall in my uni exam time FML.

The world is against me seeing a storm. It's a telephone boxing conspiricy!

HAHA ROFLMAO!

Posted
I would say Sammie that your best chance of getting a storm is tomorrow as there is some nice CAPE around. Although you may have had a storm already this year, tomorrow may hold your second so good luck. :yahoo:

Thanks Im checking out the models for tomorrow and trying to make head nor tale of it. Ugh I wish I had the patience for this crap.

Posted
Hmm interesting stuff!

Round my mates but they've fallen asleep, bloody lightweight lol. Gives me a chance to radar watch lol! Am very surprised this precip has come ashore!! Does seem to have intensified a fair bit since running ashore! Will be looking out for the next hour or so (from Rochester) in case of further intensification and more importantly, electrical activity :D

just got back from an evening in Sussex, it started spitting around 9:45 as i left, but dry back here in Kent. :yahoo: No sferics from those showers yet either! :doh: But more importantly no storms whatsoever across N France? :o

Posted
HAHA ROFLMAO!

Thank god for the swear filter.

My pain is not funny. :yahoo: I'm in emotional distress over this.

Its one big ass shower on the radar though I wanna see how heavy the rain is in the core looks like it might hit me head on.

Edited by sammie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
just got back from an evening in Sussex, it started spitting around 9:45 as i left, but dry back here in Kent. No sferics from those showers yet either! But more importantly no storms whatsoever across N France?

All for us then maybe :yahoo:

Posted
Thank god for the swear filter.

My pain is not funny. :yahoo: I'm in emotional distress over this.

Its one big ass shower on the radar though I wanna see how heavy the rain is in the core looks like it might hit me head on.

Oh i know its not funny. Believe me i know how you feel. Just thought the 'telephone boxing conspiracy' comment was hilarious.

Posted
All for us then maybe :yahoo:

All what? I've just have a nosey on the NW radar, and other than a bit of light rain down south, there isnt anything to get excited about?