Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted

The thing to remember is those in the North Midlands have had a few extra hours of sun so far today, so this stuff thats pushing North will soon explode as heating comes into play. Then as the Cap erodes after sunset and temps drop off I suspect the NorthWest will see some remaining storms before they die off towards Lancashire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
I thought this was convective discussion? Instead it seems to be convective moan.

Look, some people get lucky and some do not. If you want guaranteed Thunderstorms go and live in the tropics :(

Hear Hear !!!

Posted

Look at it, look at it!! waving at us from just over the other side of the Channel. There must be a huge storm in

Calais, but Customs wont let it leave the country! :(

Photo.jpg

Edited by Coast

Posted
Why is it on this forum, a few select few from the SE and the likes are alot to complain and moan as much as they like when the stuff from France don't hit them.

Yet is anyone further north moans then its tiresome.

Is it some kind of secret postcode lottery?

Yeah were moaning about it, but when constantly getting told were having a storm event or whatever and bugger all happens, it is kinda depressing. Not all of us can afford to go to the US for the storms.

Give us a break please.

Might I suggest a Metal object with 4 Wheels then that goes by the name of a Car! You would be surprised to hear that you could easily make it East of your Location and intercept these Illusive Storms

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow
Might I suggest a Metal object with 4 Wheels then that goes by the name of a Car! You would be surprised to hear that you could easily make it East of your Location and intercept these Illusive Storms

Paul S

Yes, have you heard of some paper stuff called money and the lack there of.

:D

Posted

To those who are wondering why some are getting rain and others witnessing thunder/lightning may I suggest you look at the infrared sat pics.

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=g...r&type=loop

You will note the storm over Cambs is much more defined indicating the top of the cumulunimbus cloud is higher than those in the midlands. Don't forget there are many types of Cumulonimbus clouds!

I may have this completely wrong and im sure Paul S/BF will explain this in more detail.

Posted

Afternoon all.

Heavy rain here now. Plenty of static being picked up on the radio (MW) Also my strike alert has been giving amber warning bleeps for the past 15 mins or so...

Temp has dropped from 22.9°C to 19.4°C

Posted
:D you know its only 2.33pm, theres another 4 hours of heating left today, not to mention the potential all this weekend for homegrown storms and then possibly a thundery breakdown by the middle-end of next week, this bickering really isnt necessary as theres still some 5 days of potential left to be tapped into. Anywhere can see a storm, just a case of sitting back and waiting.