Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club 2009' Continued......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Lol Phil that's brilliant:lol:

And it's all so true:cray: My day will come. A storm is due in CheltNam soon I know it ,I know it lol:lol:

Please tell me!! Are there fairies at the bottom of my garden?:lol:

Posted

LolThere are fairies there are lol Just like there are storms here lol.Thanks Phil lol :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wow still nothing for our stormless people here today!

Next chance will probably be next Tuesday but to cut a long story short-time is running out fast now!

Posted

And stormless here to:nonono: Some great convection and anvils around today. I think we were breeding them again grrr:wallbash:

I'm not going to even think about Tuesday lol

Posted

Nowt here yet again, only had one storm here this year on 1st july nothing since so im pretty storm starved. Seems im in the breeding ground for the storms, the clouds build as they move away, nothing convective seems to build out in the Irish sea. Never mind it might snow here this year instead whistling.gif

Hey do they have a no snow club for winter lol ! rolleyes.gif !!!

Posted

Not even one storm here all year Mark!!:( They say next Tuesday now but I give up lol:rolleyes:

I'm sure someone will be along to start a *No Snow Club* through the winter lol :)

I prefer storms. ( If I can remember what one is lol)

Posted

Not even one storm here all year Mark!!sad.gif They say next Tuesday now but I give up lol:rolleyes:

I'm sure someone will be along to start a *No Snow Club* through the winter lol smile.gif

I prefer storms. ( If I can remember what one is lol)

Yes tues does look potentially good AGAIN! lol! and its not too long away so hopefully wont get downgraded much, or better still might even get UPGRADED! you never know we could be looking at a level 3 severe storm warning on Estofex come tues morning biggrin.gif !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes tues does look potentially good AGAIN! lol! and its not too long away so hopefully wont get downgraded much, or better still might even get UPGRADED! you never know we could be looking at a level 3 severe storm warning on Estofex come tues morning biggrin.gif !

If that was to happen (in reality its not possible in the UK like everything else!)this country would go into meltdown.

Daily Express Headline And the start of the article:

LIGHTNING TO CAUSE WORSE HAVOC EVER (MORE THAN A FLAKE OF SNOW!)

"Next Tuesday-something bad may happen in a place called Britain. Some weather will form causing havoc to every single person in the UK...

...on the coast. Today we spoke to Jane Louise-someone who has never seen lightning or heard Thunder. She described the waiting as laughable as christmas cracker jokes which really isnt funny. We then looked a site called the Met Office-they predict Thundery Rain but we predict Wintry Showers."

Lol! :):):(

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

If only lol...Time will tell. I will wait until Tuesday I think. I dont even radar watch on a storm day anymore as I know for a fact it won't happen here lol:lol:

If that was to happen (in reality its not possible in the UK like everything else!)this country would go into meltdown.

Daily Express Headline And the start of the article:

LIGHTNING TO CAUSE WORSE HAVOC EVER (MORE THAN A FLAKE OF SNOW!)

"Next Tuesday-something bad may happen in a place called Britain. Some weather will form causing havoc to every single person in the UK...

...on the coast. Today we spoke to Jane Louise-someone who has never seen lightning or heard Thunder. She described the waiting as laughable as christmas cracker jokes which really isnt funny. We then looked a site called the Met Office-they predict Thundery Rain but we predict Wintry Showers."

Lol! :):):(

LOL :):lol: So true too:)

Posted

:cray::clap::cray::clap:

Arrrrrghhhhh, and even dogs had a storm.It ignored me again and went right around me :doh:

Well done dogs..really pleased for you.

Posted

Im gutted for you Jane-tbh the storm we had here was quite localised-we hit it really hard and had much more than everyone else surrounding us. However it was amazing!

You are really unlucky. Tomorrow evening is the next chance though its a situation where there could be something or not at all. However yesterdays cold front brought alot more action than i thought it would for the North.

Posted

Thanks Blizzards,

I feel like emigratingsad.gif

jane you where only 10 miles out...it also developed into a monster as it went across the Leckahmpton hills Birdlip area....a few nice bolts but not severe like the night time storms we used to get

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Heared a rumble of thunder this afternoon, and saw some cloud to cloud lightning over Bredon hill! Hopefully September has started off on a positive note....lets hope it continues!! :rofl: :lol:

Posted

I think that's it for storms now!!(well, for me anyway) No storms forecast for the near future.Not one single storm this year! Such a shame we used to get some good ones here in Glos. Oh well! there's always next year lol

Here's to 2010 drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I think that's it for storms now!!(well, for me anyway) No storms forecast for the near future.Not one single storm this year! Such a shame we used to get some good ones here in Glos. Oh well! there's always next year lol

Here's to 2010 drinks.gif

Yep this year has been absolute pants stormwise in this location, as they they say the only way is up now :)

Posted

Im astonished that some havent sent seen storms at all this year. Tbh i think thats it for storms now pretty much too. Looks pretty quiet now storm wise. Better luck for 2010 please!

Posted

Generally, I think the West Midlands has done poorly this year, though you have had a much poorer year than I have for storms, I too have had a boring Summer with regard to thunderstorms. There have been years where the storms have been much bigger, have grouped together and have been much longer lasting, meaning that a good portion of the Midlands has been affected.

I think back to April 15th of this year. The storms which went over Birmingham were fairly big in that as it moved North, alot of people in surrounding areas were also affected, almost like you couldn't miss. So that was a good start. Then you had Jun 10th, where the quite a few storms in the Midlands, they grouped together into sort of line but they were relatively small/weak storms, which didn't leave a good lasting impression. At the time, I was so happy :o, but that was only because of the storm drought and near misses I had to endure before hand. Then after that, no overhead storms. So that's one storm for me this year, all the others have been a few miles away.

EA and the SE have had a good year this year, aswell as the NE too. However, I'm confident that next year will bring alot more storms to the West Midlands and the SW. But for now, the wait begins. Oh dear.

The SE have had a good year?

Wow must of missed that :cold:

Posted

And Cableguys's Post just highlights how localised the Storms have been this year. In my part of the SE It has been the best for about 5-7 Years for Storms and I can count 14 different Storm days sometimes with Multiple Storms. Would rate about 4 of these Severe for Uk Standards, with 3 Plume events so even though Essex and Surrey are seperated by about 45 Miles as the Crow flies the variation even in this region is exceptional.

Paul S

Posted

Agree with Paul on regional variation. The only real storm this year in Eastbourne was mostly out at sea in the Channel. Had it not been for that, I would still be in Jane Louise's club!. I guess on average we must see half a dozen Tstorms here on the Sussex coast during the season - very disappointing this year. We better get some decent snow over the Winter to make up for it!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Least active year storm wise for me for a few years. Quite a contrast to 2007, which was a storm fest (along with that supercell) yet at times the weather patterns didn't seem too dissimilar.

My old stomping ground area saw a localised torrential thundery downpour early on July 7th that produced 90mm of rain in a pinpoint locality of the the area, and a couple of buildings apparantly were struck by lightning - but it was extremely localised with some staggering half mile differences in rainfall. You could have gone from flood to a brief sharp shower (or vice versa) in ten minutes walking time!

Looking south, I could see the line of storms moving parallel with the coast that morning - lasted from about 4am to 7 or 8am. Plenty of rumbles of thunder. There were more thundery showers throughout the day, although nothing on the scale that the coast saw that morning.

Other than that, the brief half hearted plumes barely managed a couple of very weak storms that started dying as they approached the coast and by the time they got to me there was just some weak intra cloud lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I've recorded thunder heard on 13 days so far this year and not a single overhead storm. Every occasion has been from storms several miles away or a rumble of thunder from a passing shower.

The last serious overhead storm here was on July 2nd 2006 when an early evening storm gave 41.7 mm of rain.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi all,

I'm just wondering!

Do you think we could get some storms in November? I ask this because going back a couple years the SW had a couple here and there! Apparently Cheltenham used to be really good for storms in Autumn! (but sadly no moresad.gif )

Any info on Autumn storms would be most appreciated smile.gif

Posted

Hi Weather09,

thanks for the information so there could still be some hope yet for Autumn and Winter convective activity?

I can’t wait for the Atlantics to start appearing again. We haven’t had much rain here of late ,so a good storm is badly needed here .

I remember the hail storm which hit the SW last year I wouldn’t want that here of course it just goes to show that wild weather can descend upon us anytime and out of the blue .

I see Australia ,Italy and Cyprus have been bearing the brunt of some quite severe weather lately! (which I think is very unusual for those countries involved!)