Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club 2009' Continued......

Posted
That may have been me?

Though I was talking about the Wiltshire area as we tend to do well in a WNW/NW flow due to the Bristol Channel; developing showers etc. To be fair the job was done very well last evening and overnight with a lot of non-thundery downpours, however today the pressure has been slowly rising across the West Country so showers are far lighter/more scattered than for the Midlands & moving through parts of Gloucestershire.

It was Blizzards :)

There has been more activity but further south/east.

It hasn`t been too bad here considering it`s a NW-ly seen more CB`s to normal.

It must be all the city heating thats causes more thunderstorms midlands SE.

What I`d say is if you havn`t had a storm yet this year,something like end of last July would pull something out of bag which was an epic night for thunderstorms and not just 1 :)

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
County Wrexham, a thunderstorm wilderness. Mind we get revenge when winter comes............

Ohhhh...revenge will come....I forsee a winter of frequent NW'lys and the western side of the UK being pummelled repeatedly by snow showers...while those over in the east who've had storm after storm...seeing not so much as a flake...hoooooo haa haaaarrrr :lol: :lol: :D

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Ohhhh...revenge will come....I forsee a winter of frequent NW'lys and the western side of the UK being pummelled repeatedly by snow showers...while those over in the east who've had storm after storm...seeing not so much as a flake...hoooooo haa haaaarrrr :lol: :lol: :D
You and me too, Carl...What gives you snow gives it to me too! :)

Posted

I can't be doing with all this storm talk, had fierce looking clouds building up again today, just to b**ger off again!!! Things that make you go AAAGGGRHHH!!!! I just give up :lol: :D:):):) :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Its taken me an hour to get on here with my storm gadget internet thingmijig arrrggghh and guess what I hD no STORM agIN ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sorry about punctuation but me gadget thing aint typin right arrrgghhh {sob]

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Its taken me an hour to get on here with my storm gadget internet thingmijig arrrggghh and guess what I hD no STORM agIN ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sorry about punctuation but me gadget thing aint typin right arrrgghhh {sob]

You have STILL not had a storm Jane Louise???

Posted

When the SE are forecast storms they get them, when we are forecast storms they still get them and we don't, what is going on I wanna know???????

Posted
When the SE are forecast storms they get them, when we are forecast storms they still get them and we don't, what is going on I wanna know???????

The SE is more of a continental climate better chance for thunderstorms heat, to ours in the west with more atlantic influence so cooler bland,trouble is the atlantic westerlies are not good for exciting weather in that respect all year round.

Thats why I always like to see windflow from a easterly source. :doh:

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Okay guys to cheer you all up me and John H have made a Youtube Video which belongs in the "NO Storms Club" and will post it very soon for you.

I will also make a new thread - Tell me what you think when we upload it

Paul S

Posted

Normally, I'd strongly argue against that statement - however, we have been especially lucky recently :)

Last thursday, pretty much everywhere was forecast thunderstorms, with the only area missed off the MetO watch maps was the SE....then the SE gets pummelled by an MCS while the rest of the UK (most anyway) miss out.

But, we have equally missed out when it has been forecast (exc E Kent of course, lol), notably towards the end of April and all of May!! Just happens we have made up for it in June and so far in July.

But yes, as said above we tend to have a slightly more continental climate - both drier weather, warmer weather (added to by the London heat island), and very close proximity to continent - that place across the 'river' that seems to gets storms on a pretty much daily basis :doh:

Posted

Hehehehe!!

OMFG!! By FAR one of the funniest things I have seen in ages!

"The channel is too cold this time of year" - :lol: :rofl:

:lol: :D:rofl: :lol: :hi::rofl: :lol:

Edited by Harry

Posted

Hehehehe!!

thats a classic..........this sums it all up....

absolutely brilliant...well done....

:lol: :lol: :rofl::rofl:

Excellent stuff..!!!!

Jane will be out of the No storms Club by 2015 :rofl:

Jane your going to love this video

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Thought I'd lost my sense of humour with all this no storms mularky, but that made my day. So you was on a promise hey? LMAO

Well done gents, absoloute class :D Hope I'm out befrore Jane Louise :D

Posted

Just to clarify.....What will get me out of the NSC09? A rumble and a flash? just a rumble? just a flash? rain for good measure?

Posted
Just to clarify.....What will get me out of the NSC09? A rumble and a flash? just a rumble? just a flash? rain for good measure?

Oooh, I think that's a question for Madame President Jane Louise :) .

What I consider as seeing a storm, is seeing lightning or hearing thunder, but I don't know about anyone else.

I think Madame President should draw up a charter for the NSC, who is allowed in and after how long with no storm etc, and what you have to suffer to get Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum status, lol :D

Edited by Harry

Posted

Harry wont be leaving at this rate this year...

7 rumbles 2 flashes I think.....not a storm in my book...

When there is frequent lightning and Thunder then its time to leave..

I think like you say when Jane puts some rules down we will know when to leave :D:)

Posted

LOL, yeah sounds good. I was just curious because about 3 weeks ago on a Saturday we had 1 huge house shaker of a rumble (and that was it). Maybe I'm just trying anything so I'm not in this club till 2010 :)

Edit: Either that or a earth tremor lol

How about breeding these storms everyone else gets? Does that count?? If it does, we've bred many lately :D

Edited by jo200199

Posted
LOL, yeah sounds good. I was just curious because about 3 weeks ago on a Saturday we had 1 huge house shaker of a rumble (and that was it). Maybe I'm just trying anything so I'm not in this club till 2010 :D

How about breeding these storms everyone else gets? Does that count?? If it does, we've bred many lately :)

Lol - many of our storms yesterday and Monday came out of the W and NW - so, rather sheepishly, thank you :)

Posted
LOL, yeah sounds good. I was just curious because about 3 weeks ago on a Saturday we had 1 huge house shaker of a rumble (and that was it). Maybe I'm just trying anything so I'm not in this club till 2010 :)

How about breeding these storms everyone else gets? Does that count?? If it does, we've bred many lately :)

Joe Im fed up with breeding for other people to get storms...

Im getting the snip :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Ok all,

Iam sat in this freezing cold drenched tent lol. Ineed to know what the video is like Paul posted up pleeeeaaassee lol.I only have limited laptop power until the weekend aaarrrggghhh.As requested I will make up some rules for the NSC and will be online to post them up when I get the chance lol.

I wanna a stooorm please send me one lol

Posted
Ok all,

Iam sat in this freezing cold drenched tent lol. Ineed to know what the video is like Paul posted up pleeeeaaassee lol.I only have limited laptop power until the weekend aaarrrggghhh.As requested I will make up some rules for the NSC and will be online to post them up when I get the chance lol.

I wanna a stooorm please send me one lol

there you go jane

Edited by dogs32

Posted

there you go jane

Awesome, very funny. And so true.

Andrew, stuck in the low-lying-surrounded-by-hills storm desert that is south Manchester