Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club 2009' Continued......

Posted
maybe we will get some right corkers soon :) Fingers X for maybe tomorrow lol.

Good luck for tomorrow jane,hopefully your patience will be rewarded. There's been more rain here today than the previous 6 weeks :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
Good luck for tomorrow jane,hopefully your patience will be rewarded. There's been more rain here today than the previous 6 weeks :)

Ahem! Out you go sir...ex-members no longer allowed...come back on January 1st 2010 :)

In other words...sod off and let the storm starved suffer in peace :p

Well done on breaking the duck today :)

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted
Ahem! Out you go sir...ex-members no longer allowed...come back on January 1st 2010 :)

In other words...sod off and let the storm starved suffer in peace :)

:p

:)

Posted

post-10077-1246913995_thumb.jpg

Simon Cowell gives his verdict on my behalf concerning todays weather

Posted
Noooo,lol.I will only be more jealous lol

No You dont understand Jane :p

You are the Star of the Show! :):)

Posted

curious Paul on video....cant wait...

In all honest Glos doesnt do well for storms in June or July...

It's normaly August or September we get some decent one's....

Today will be yet another day of possabilities

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
No You dont understand Jane :D

You are the Star of the Show! :D:p

Oh no Paul...I'm worried now Lol.

I will have to wait until Friday evening to see it! I'm camping at the moment lol.

Please,please let it be ok lol :D

curious Paul on video....cant wait...

In all honest Glos doesnt do well for storms in June or July...

It's normaly August or September we get some decent one's....

Today will be yet another day of possabilities

We have to have a storm today, WE HAVE TOOOOOO lol !!!!

Here's hoping dogs. :D :winky: :D

Posted
It has to be said that some areas are getting a good deal more than their fair share of storms of late. Just makes it all the more galling for those of us who miss out.......and miss out....and miss out :rolleyes::D:D

Now today theres less activity still as we`re in a NW-ly flow,somebody said yesterday that they expected it to be better.

Heres a link I did earlier about how few thundery days come from a NW in this location/wales/shropshire border.

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...4&st=0&

I should of put 3 days as similar coolness to today as I can remember, with no hot air already in place for thunderstorms to happen like a cold front.

Just lots of cloud a NW-ly seems to bring in summer nowadays,a few showers earlier,did see 2 CB`s even. :o :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

still the usual summer pattern of endless cloud and no rain here again today. Subscription expired yesterday and I am not even sure I can be bothered renewing this time round. Used it mainly for access to the radar and tracking storms but hey, its money wasted if we never get any!

Even some drizzle would be welcome right now, its that bad. I just can't believe how storm starved this area is, I think our last proper "storm" as opposed to a feeble rumble of thunder, was back in 2002...

Posted
still the usual summer pattern of endless cloud and no rain here again today. Subscription expired yesterday and I am not even sure I can be bothered renewing this time round. Used it mainly for access to the radar and tracking storms but hey, its money wasted if we never get any!

Even some drizzle would be welcome right now, its that bad. I just can't believe how storm starved this area is, I think our last proper "storm" as opposed to a feeble rumble of thunder, was back in 2002...

Cant believe you missed out then on the storms of July 29th (?) last year....we had 4 of them in the space of a few hours, was a damn good night that watching them drifting up from the North West Midlands...since then besides a woefully weak storm in April...absolutely nowt other than a couple of rumbles.

Posted

No storms here still. Shwoers to the west have lost much of their echo brightness in just 5 minutes as if they have been "extinguished". Yet again no storms for Lincoln, last we had was 2nd September 2008.

Posted
Cant believe you missed out then on the storms of July 29th (?) last year....we had 4 of them in the space of a few hours, was a damn good night that watching them drifting up from the North West Midlands...since then besides a woefully weak storm in April...absolutely nowt other than a couple of rumbles.

yep, they slid past us to the west and all we got was a distant rumble or three...

Posted

wall to wall featureless grey skys, no heat, no convection, no hope. Had enough now. See you all next year...

Posted

No storms here today but enjoying watching some webcams from the London area. There seems to be nice line of cells heading towards London at the moment.

However, I'm just enjoying the sun and after all I did had a pretty large thunderstorm here a couple of weeks ago. There are some pics and videos on my site: CardiffStormChaser.net

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

The day has arrived to leave the No Storms Club.

There was one loud clap of thunder at 11:19 am. I was in a meeting but luckily the window was fully open. The thunder was accompanied by cheers outside!

A heavy shower (preceded by a very dark sky) at 1:11 pm to 1:24 pm surprisingly did not produce thunder.

The main event was loud thunder on the back edge of a torrential shower at 2:41 pm. There were several good rumbles to follow lasting to 3:34 pm.

As I write, another shower has arrived with good rumbles starting from 4:38 pm and is continuing. This shower produced some hail at 4:45 pm. Despite some good thunder, lightning has been mostly absent up to now (except one CC fork at 2:46 pm), but due to the darkness associated with this current shower, some more CC lightning was seen this time.

I will post a detailed account of today's long awaited excitement later. This is probably the best thunderstorm since Thursday 24th April 2008.

Finally, I wish those who are still in the No Storms Club some fulfillment asap and that 2009 may end up not being too storm deficient after all.

My promised research account into statistics regarding the annual numbers of thunder days for the Guildford area will be posted up when I have found all the data and checked it.

Posted

So much for the phrase "west is best"!!!!

For storms the west of the UK this summer has been utterly diabolical with the eastern side practically hogging everything.

It's really starting to become tedious now! :D:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yep....unfortunatley illness stopped me from working today, so stuck at home, and watched storm after storm after storm train down through manchester through the peak district into the east midlands missing me by a matter of a few miles.....Cheshire Gap showers?....my aarse!!

Posted
Now today theres less activity still as we`re in a NW-ly flow,somebody said yesterday that they expected it to be better.

That may have been me?

Though I was talking about the Wiltshire area as we tend to do well in a WNW/NW flow due to the Bristol Channel; developing showers etc. To be fair the job was done very well last evening and overnight with a lot of non-thundery downpours, however today the pressure has been slowly rising across the West Country so showers are far lighter/more scattered than for the Midlands & moving through parts of Gloucestershire.

Posted

County Wrexham, a thunderstorm wilderness. Mind we get revenge when winter comes............

So much for the phrase "west is best"!!!!

For storms the west of the UK this summer has been utterly diabolical with the eastern side practically hogging everything.

It's really starting to become tedious now! :yahoo::yahoo:

Hear Hear!