Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm/Convective Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Thanks guys, I just wasn't aware that there was meant to be a low pressure centre over france today- I blame the bbc forecasts for never showing pressure charts any more! Plus it looked very small and tightly wound.

bb

Posted
Thanks guys, I just wasn't aware that there was meant to be a low pressure centre over france today- I blame the bbc forecasts for never showing pressure charts any more! Plus it looked very small and tightly wound.

bb

it's a surface Low - they can't be forecast accurately until a few hours before in my experience :) They aren't major Low's like you get in the Atlantic so probably wouldn't even be shown on the BBC pressure charts :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Is something going to stick a rocket up this fronts backside or will it still be in the same place tomorrow morning. I'm kind of hoping it is could that would mean the estofex level 1 could be extended westwards and I may get a storm after all.

Quite a lot of thin high cloud here now and feeling very humid.

Still debating... head SE, head W or stay at home and hope for a miracle.

Posted

Same here MW - lovely!! This time yesterday it was about 20-21C - tonight, add 5C...lovely!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

A service of remembrance will take place at 9am tomorrow morning when the cold front finally expires. Current estimates place it approximately 3 miles* east of its current position at that time.

The timing is subject to change as it is of course possible the front may perish sooner than that.

* Optimistic estimate...this may vary by at least 100 yards.

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted

Ahhh, nothing like an ice cold stella after getting out of the shower!

Some convection appears to have started here now and some cirrus has begun to move in, though I am no longer confident that this front will produce more thunder or calm the temperatures much as it appears to be weakening a lot more than I thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder

Evening all, hope all are well and happy!

Im no expert, but can anyone tell me if Henlow in Hertfordshire is due any storms, Im on my knees with the heat here and would love a good storm to break the air (well, not too good), as much as I like T&L, Lighning scares the living daylights out of me.

Cheers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
A service of remembrance will take place at 9am tomorrow morning when the cold front finally expires. Current estimates place it approximately 3 miles* east of its current position at that time.

The timing is subject to change as it is of course possible the front may perish sooner than that.

:):):D

Dearly beloved; we are gathered here to mourn the passing of our dear friend Cold Front...

Posted

Well I am going to really try and get me 1st ever Uk Lightning Shot tonight (That sounds sooooo Ridiculous seeing as I have over 500 from the States so it is not that hard!!!!) :):):) Just goes to show how bad it has been for overnight storms, heading towards the coast after me dinner and staking it out all night if I have too :D:)

Posted
:):):D

Dearly beloved; we are gathered here to mourn the passing of our dear friend Cold Front...

And the headstone will read "IT HUNG AROUND A BIT!!!!!!!!!"

Posted

Would be so funny if it explodes throughout this evening and overnight.

Posted

BBC got it completly wrong they predicted it would of already passed us by now and its still in devon and SW wales i don't even want it anymore it looks dull and boring gunna miss all that light rain anyway.

Posted

A la SPC

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN EXETER HAS ISSUED A PATHETIC COLD FRONT WARNING FOR THE WEST AND SOUTH WEST OF ENGLAND FROM 3AM UNTIL 11PM THURSDAY 2ND JULY

IMPACTS INCLUDE EXTREME DRIZZLE AND SURFACE SPRAY THAT COULD GET YOUR TROUSERS WET

IF CAUGHT OUTSIDE COVER YOUR HEAD AND GO LIE IN THE NEAREST DITCH

REMEMBER FLASH FLOODING FROM EXTREME DRIZZLE IS THE NUMBER 1 KILLER IN THE UK. TURN AROUND DONT DROWN.

Posted
Will be interesting to see what happens as it hits the channel, and if it makes it across the channel how it interacts with land :D

Well I've kept off the beer tonight in case I have an 'emergency call out' in the late hours!!! :lol:

Posted

in all honesty, it ain't going to happen :D countless times this year storms have tried but failed the Channel - why would tonight be any different? :lol:

Posted

Here's hoping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

I wouldn't say explode, but I do think it'll get a bit more substantial. Local weather suggested it happening earlier, contradicting the national forecast, so you never know.

Posted
A la SPC

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN EXETER HAS ISSUED A PATHETIC COLD FRONT WARNING FOR THE WEST AND SOUTH WEST OF ENGLAND FROM 3AM UNTIL 11PM THURSDAY 2ND JULY

IMPACTS INCLUDE EXTREME DRIZZLE AND SURFACE SPRAY THAT COULD GET YOUR TROUSERS WET

IF CAUGHT OUTSIDE COVER YOUR HEAD AND GO LIE IN THE NEAREST DITCH

REMEMBER FLASH FLOODING FROM EXTREME DRIZZLE IS THE NUMBER 1 KILLER IN THE UK. TURN AROUND DONT DROWN.

:lol: :D:D

BBC got it completly wrong they predicted it would of already passed us by now and its still in devon and SW wales i don't even want it anymore it looks dull and boring gunna miss all that light rain anyway.

Hmm......

James May springs to mind when I think of that cold front. Mind you that is unfair to him as I don't find him frustrating or annoying! :D

Maybe if we all get behind it and push :lol:

Posted
I wouldn't say explode, but I do think it'll get a bit more substantial. Local weather suggested it happening earlier, contradicting the national forecast, so you never know.

Damp squib springs to mind.

Posted

Its July, warm and humid :lol:

Besides, the channel doesn't matter too much if a CZ develops, either over the channel or land.

Posted

Ladies and Gennelmen...I give you...the James May of cold fronts....painfully slow and hasnt got a clue where its going.

Posted
Ive just got my black veil for the Rememberance service :lol:

Doubt it will need to be a waterproof one?

I've made mine from a black bag to cover all outcomes !!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D