Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook & Discussion Mon 6th July 09

Posted
A line of shower prehabs thundery are moving across the Irish Sea in a westly direction over South Wales Valleys, Swansea, Carmathenshire and Pembrokshire seem to be missing Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan at the moment.

the picture taken from cardiff town centre, what building was it, was it the BT stadium tower or one of the big High rises

there

Posted

Ive seen my first ever funnel cloud today, about 18.20 on my way home from work. I tried taking picture on phone but you cannot make it out,too far away i think. The bottom of funnel obscured by high ground but it looked like it may have touched down at some point, reminded me of footage ive seen of tornados roping out (think thats the correct term), think skinny rope snaking across sky. Would be around Pettnain,Thankerton area if anyone else can confirm.

Posted
SUFC i have a thunderstorm here now, well not a storm, but it's thundering, it's building and building, you can clearly see it on my webcam mate, http://www.weatherinhull.com it's just building and building.

I lost my internet connection for a few mins :angry: nice one mate :) Im still not sure those line of showers to my west will effect my area.

Posted

Miss Shoreline has just informed me that BBC South East Today local weather are going for heavy rain and thunderstorms into the early hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Torrential Downpour just passed through. :)

Posted
I lost my internet connection for a few mins :angry: nice one mate :) Im still not sure those line of showers to my west will effect my area.

My net was down for 2 hours earlier, a bloody bolt hit the KCOM in the town centre, took everything down with it.

FOOK me i got rotation, it's turning into a massive cell

http://www.weatherinhull.com/

!!!!!

Posted
What does it take to get any storms here? :)

There's a great looking cell on radar & by naked eye passing over Trowbridge which could get to you RRR. But don't get your hopes up for anything thundery!

Showers are far more scattered now than earlier, forming over Bristol Channel/Mendips & moving ESE ish.

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted
SUFC i have a thunderstorm here now, well not a storm, but it's thundering, it's building and building, you can clearly see it on my webcam mate, http://www.weatherinhull.com it's just building and building.

got the cam up looking very dark here im still me shorts!!

Posted
Ive seen my first ever funnel cloud today, about 18.20 on my way home from work. I tried taking picture on phone but you cannot make it out,too far away i think. The bottom of funnel obscured by high ground but it looked like it may have touched down at some point, reminded me of footage ive seen of tornados roping out (think thats the correct term), think skinny rope snaking across sky. Would be around Pettnain,Thankerton area if anyone else can confirm.

Thats the direction i saw the lowering over the hills earlier and at that time! Although i could only see the very top of it. May have been to far away to be the same one though? altho it is directly to my east where i was looking.

Posted

gallery_9557_630_793191.jpg

Sorry peeps, these are my first ever cloud pics and the first time uploading them here, so bare with me and be nice lol

post-9557-1246904964_thumb.jpg

post-9557-1246905142_thumb.jpg

post-9557-1246905370_thumb.jpg

post-9557-1246905865_thumb.jpg

Edited by jo200199

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Thunderstorm earlier north of Derby but i was at work and couldn't see it too well. A few flashes and loud cracks of thunder but the rain was very intense.

All quiet now though? I wonder if there will be anymore. Local radio says showers will die out this evening and they do appear to have done. We've had a few storms this year but none when i am actually at home.

Posted

apart from 1 random rumble of thunder as I got home from work this evening (around 6pm) its all quiet here. That said, clouds are bubbling up nicely - best bit of convection seen all day in my neck of the woods!

There's a great looking cell on radar & by naked eye passing over Trowbridge which could get to you RRR. But don't get your hopes up for anything thundery!

Showers are far more scattered now than earlier, forming over Bristol Channel/Mendips & moving ESE ish.

Dark clouds seemingly slowly heading towards here, no thunder and lightning as you said though :)

Posted
Wrong LOL - new cell developing to the SW of here. :)

Me & my big mouth! Well spotted mate!

Is it over you yet?

Posted
WOW THE METOFFICE UPDATE, WOWZA'S SUFC you seen it man? Were gunna get another storm all da do daaaaaa dayyyy

Im using the rain today radar and a big shower might hit me soon,although the sky doesn't look threatning ATM

I haven't seen the update yet.

Edited by sufc

Posted
Just been on local news about a tornado in Great Ayton, which is near Middlesbrough. Also a tornado or funnel at Holy Island in Northumberland yesterday.

Can quite believe the courier driver seeing something over Stanley today.

Also had flooding around parts of Newcastle and Gateshead, and some delays on the trains due to lightning strikes.

A good splattering of colour on the Netweather detector today :)

post-3392-1246902506_thumb.png

EDIT: What Carl saw could have been what was spotted at Stanley. Very exciting wish i'd seen it!

I can confirm the stanley twister! first time i have seen anything like it,a small funnel cloud which kept appearing and disappearing right on the edge of the thunderstorm which was affecting the newcastle area at around 1.45pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Me & my big mouth! Well spotted mate!

Is it over you yet?

Passed over us - just a sprinkling of rain.

BTW Jo - nice photos! :doh:

Posted

Amazingly not seen a single shower here (not that im complaining), just fine sunny and warm :D , huge towers have been building up around me all day, but for some reason never materilise and just drift away. When i was waiting for the train the Liverpool to Leeds train was delayed by 20minutes "due to adverse weather conditons", and there was a warning out on the platform "for all passengers to take extra care due to lying water", even though it was dry and suuny, most were in t-shirts and shorts and dresses it was that nice weather. We didnt even see a shower on Saturday and Sunday!!! So 3 days in a row dry fine sunny weather :) .

Anyway to show how close i am to been under the storm over West/East yorkshire, (if you cant guess my house is under the purple dot :doh: )post-8968-1246906580_thumb.jpg

Also, of notice is the beeb forecast i saw earlier today, the presenter was talking about "home grown showers(she probs meant storms :) )", which i havent heard of a presenter talk about before.

EDIT: does anyone here live in Liverpool, was it really bad out there, around 3pm

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
I can confirm the stanley twister! first time i have seen anything like it,a small funnel cloud which kept appearing and disappearing right on the edge of the thunderstorm which was affecting the newcastle area at around 1.45pm.

Thanks for that, good to hear but also quite frustrating as I was stuck at work in Consett at the time.

Did you get any pics?