Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted

Helmsman,dear boy,helmsman,and the geezer who reads the charts,Quartermaster i think :) ,thunder bugs are out in force here,horrible little things they are,very humid

I don't think you can call Kaddy a helmsman!!! :) I'm not actually sure what the person in charge of an amphibious vehicle is called - does it change when you're on dry land and then in the water? Sorry, wildly off topic there :)

I'm not particularly liking this:

98823.gif

But then last Thursday night was similar. Having said that I'm not due for anything down this end of the SE coast, so anything is a bonus. Radar and detectors are quiet though, considering what was charted earlier.....

EDIT sorry again about the big charts!!

Edited by Coast

Posted

Yes

Tis a shame all that available oomph not bein utilised today.

Manston and Shoeburyness clear winners with the temps today at 24c, so just really Essex and Kent in the juicy air today, most other places around 3c cooler than this including LWC & LHR

Paul S

Posted

very heavy shower's now not far away in Holland

are the Easterner's going to get lucky

Edited by dogs32

Posted

:doh: look at this chart for around now, which includes a monster in the flatlands of Europe: Rmgfs096.gif

and then look a the detector in Belgium: www.weerstationaalst.be/bliksem.htmlnk

Have they switched it off?????

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

http://www.meteox.nl/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

I wonder how many storms the low countries get a month

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

That's just greedy :doh:

Posted

I may have joined in 'late' so to speak, but what's this talk of an MCS on Thurs? I can't see it anywhere on the charts?

I think Nick F suggested earlier that the weather patterns bear some significant similarities this coming thursday, as they did previous thursdays that yield MCS's - in that warm, humid air will be advected N around an incoming area of Low pressure, which in turn may trigger some storms.

Also, if I remember correctly, virtually no charts were indicating the possibility of thunderstorms/MCS, up until around 24-48 hours before the event.

GFS is suggesting some big fairly big CAPE across France, which if overlapped with the storm risk map, shows possibilities of moving our way (well, over the SE anyway).

It is quite a way off yet anyway to get too excited - but it's happened twice before :doh:

Posted

omg! it has been chucking it down today! it stopped for a while this afternoon and i thought that was it for the rain! its absolutely hammering it down again now! Another day of large amount of rain falling in worcestershire!

Posted

I would imagine there are some very impressive cloud tops, with almost 20% strikes being +CG :doh:

Can't see how were are going to get anything - everything seems to be moving in a pretty dead NE direction, with little room for negotiation :(

See if Thursday brings any joy :)

Posted

I think Nick F suggested earlier that the weather patterns bear some significant similarities this coming thursday, as they did previous thursdays that yield MCS's - in that warm, humid air will be advected N around an incoming area of Low pressure, which in turn may trigger some storms.

Also, if I remember correctly, virtually no charts were indicating the possibility of thunderstorms/MCS, up until around 24-48 hours before the event.

GFS is suggesting some big fairly big CAPE across France, which if overlapped with the storm risk map, shows possibilities of moving our way (well, over the SE anyway).

It is quite a way off yet anyway to get too excited - but it's happened twice before :(

oh right - thanks for explaining Harry :)

I quite like Thursday into Friday scenarios too, purely because every day of the week I start work at 8am except Friday where i start at 1pm so can have a lie in from a late night on Thursday! :doh:

Posted

omg! it has been chucking it down today! it stopped for a while this afternoon and i thought that was it for the rain! its absolutely hammering it down again now! Another day of large amount of rain falling in worcestershire!

Awww - and looking at the radar there's a lot more where that came from! In fact the area of rain to the south of you has literally exploded over the past half hour, LOL.

Posted

They are some serious looking Storms in Belgium, probably Supercells by the looks of radar. The 1st one heading off towards Holland and looks like it left an Outflow Boundary that kicked the 2nd one off in the same place as the 1st.

Lovely looking Sat and Radar at present.

Another Continental StormChase Op Missed Today!

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

what about the storms going up throught the west coast of ni what do you guys think we will get out of them?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

An increase in CAPE on the 12z GFS run and steep lapse rates for Friday so all in all, still looking good. Looks to be some light winds around the W Mids region so storms could be slow moving.

Still time for change but Friday looks excellent for us so far. Fingers crossed. :)

Tomorrow may see scattered showers and isolated thundery showers though i dont think there will be much around tbh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Chance of storms on Thursday

Friday!!! Lol.

Posted

:)

A day earlier would be good because it would mean confidence would be that bit higher. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Storms are really kicking off in the Channel and look to move across much of the South East in the next few hours.