Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another Torrential Downpour!!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Needle funnel to the south (maybe over the Humber) at 13:05 today. Very small and short lived - less than a minute and I didn't have my camera.....again!

Just had another torrential downpour: would be surprised if we don't get thunder today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting
Quite a few scattered showers around though at best they'll just be heavy or very heavy showers, I doubt there'll be any storms today. Little CAPE and poor lapses make storms quite unlikely.

CAPE has been building here, we have had a couple of short torrential bursts but no thunder as yet. The clouds dont look to be getting very high before anviling but from what ive just been out watching id be suprised if there were no reports of thunder on here by this evening. Couple of pics just taken

img70221.jpg

img70331.jpg

Posted

starting to spit here, also getting darker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Alot of the showers on the radar seem to be losing intensity now. :gathering: I thought many would would have gained intensity this afternoon. Oh well at least i saw one very good torrential downpour. :D

Posted
Alot of the showers on the radar seem to be losing intensity now. :gathering: I thought many would would have gained intensity this afternoon. Oh well at least i saw one very good torrential downpour. :D

they are hardly losing their intensity, maybe slightly lighter, but there is still a great clump of them heading towards the west midlands. put it this way, no less intense than an hour ago.

Posted
they are hardly losing their intensity, maybe slightly lighter, but there is still a great clump of them heading towards the west midlands. put it this way, no less intense than an hour ago.

Its nothing dramatic though i was expecting they would probably of got a bit heavier. I dont mind anyway as ive seen one good downpour anyway today. :D

Posted

Another torrential downpour here!

Posted

Weve been missing all the showers here today, just one brief one late this morning. They have all just been missing me to the north and the ones that come towards me seem to just suddenly die out before they get here. :D

Oh well im used to it i guess.

Edited by StormMad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Thunder and lightning here now: less than one mile distant. :lol:

Posted

May have just seen a flash of lightning to the corner of my eye a few minutes ago but cant be sure. ATD suggests sferics north of here.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
May have just seen a flash of lightning to the corner of my eye a few minutes ago but cant be sure. ATD suggests sferics north of here.

another torrential downpour here, very convective dark looking skies about.

Posted
another torrential downpour here, very convective dark looking skies about.

Indeed, there does seem to be isolated thundery activity about now i.e odd flash of lightning and or rumble of thunder. Im not too sure whether there was definately a flash here but i thought i saw something in the corner of my eye.

I think the radar may have got stuck at 15:10-it should be at about 15:20 by now.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
blizzards, do you know what your current monthly rainfall is for july? about 60mm here.

Im not sure but i would say not far offf 60mm either.

Downpour number 4 arriving here. :lol:

Posted
Thunder and lightning here now: less than one mile distant. :lol:

Ive heard 4 rumbles of thunder here in the last few minutes.It's still very dark but the rain has stopped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A few very heavy downpours to the N of here - but nowt here to speak of - certainly nothing that warrants a warning of sorts. The only thing I would suggest needs a warning, is for the WIND! Very gusty here today - warm but very gusty SW'erly which has been blowing all day and getting steadily stronger.

Unless the speckles on the radar towards Hants develop some more, I think it shall probably stay largely dry here - which of course is a shame :lol:

Posted

post-8652-1248016858_thumb.jpgpost-8652-1248016770_thumb.jpg

A Couple of pics from the heavy shower here 5 minutes ago.