Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

December CET

WhiteXmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

3.8c cold.gif winters gonna bite.

i feel it in my waters. blink.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

3.8c cold.gif winters gonna bite.

i feel it in my waters. blink.gif

That not sore? :nonono: I'll get my coat

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

If you're going to start a thread this early could you please post some useful statistics to go with it? Or let Mr Data start it so he can add some useful and interesting (accurate) information.

Oh, come on, OP, don't be mean. Whoever starts the thread (and it's not that early), anyone is at liberty to add interesting stats to it later - as you helpfully have done this time, and I and others have in the past. In an ideal world, it's nice to have them all lined up & ready right from the start....but does it really matter that much? :nonono:

Really? Google ain't so great after all then! :lol:

For monthly CET figures, don't Google: instead look here http://www.personal.dundee.ac.uk/~taharley/centralengav_temperat.htm or here http://hadobs.metoffice.com/hadcet/cetml1659on.dat

Edited by osmposm

Posted

A cold start, perhaps, but more of the mild stuff later. So, very provisionally,

+5.8oC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

5.5C, with a cold start, mild middle and possibly a colder end

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

I'll go for 6.2c please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

4.1C for me please.

Posted

A very mild and wet first half - More flooding potential unfortunately. Sometime after mid month pressure rising across Scandinavia which could well bring some exceptionally mild southerlies wafting up across the country. Turning drier. Christmas may turn colder with continental air bringing frosts, but it'll be between Christmas and New Year that I think we could get a blast of easterlies with the risk of snow and severe frosts giving a white end to 2009.

Posted

I'm going for 5.4 degrees, however, this will mask a difference between north and south, the north will see a slightly below average dec, whereas the south perhaps 0.5-1 degree above.

Posted

A very westerly month.

1st-7th

After an initial cold northerly winds will turn to the west and it will be unsettled and windy and rather mild

CET 5.7c

8-14th

Westerly or south westerly and staying unsettled

CET 9.1c

15th-22nd

Winds will be from the west or north west with low pressure turning drier and settled later

CET 7.6c

23rd-31st

Perhaps windy and showery at first but it will settle down later on with winds falling lighter but remaining south westerly and so mild.

7.3c

CET 7.4c warmest December since 1988 or perhaps 1974.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

A very mild and wet first half -

Look out the window cc_confused.gif

5c for me

Posted

Look out the window cc_confused.gif

It's not December yet...and little sign at the moment of cold after the first couple of days!

Posted

I'd go for 5.8C but there is a chance that we come in decently below that number, I suspect the blocking to the east will be very stubborn indeed to shift but for now I think we will be just on thye wrong side of it all.

Mean winds could be anything between a SW flow and a SE, but either way I suspect quite a southerly December, exactly from what angle though could make as much as 4C difference to the CET over the month.