Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell Discussion 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

My forecast is almost 100% for every day this week. if you type in mendip hills you can see.

I just don't think the local forecast is very accurate at the moment? I cannot see ppn making it to the west country.

Dare i say it but metchecks local forecast looks nearer mark this time with chance of odd flurry but nearly dry cold patchy cloud forecast for next 2 weeks. cc_confused.gif

No the flow looks too slack imo to reach here and Im sure the Cotswolds will suck any remnants out of the showers in any case.

Posted

My forecast is almost 100% for every day this week. if you type in mendip hills you can see.

I just don't think the local forecast is very accurate at the moment? I cannot see ppn making it to the west country.

Dare i say it but metchecks local forecast looks nearer mark this time with chance of odd flurry but nearly dry cold patchy cloud forecast for next 2 weeks. cc_confused.gif

where's that link again for your area..I can never seem to find that page..

cheers

edit...found..its on the home page..sort of

cheltenham Mon-Wed 97-87 :cold:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

I think there is a decent chance where I am although I am not very high above sea level (about 22m) so it may be more marginal. Can I have some other thoughts please? :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

well here we get nothing i expect this crap cold spell to be gone by the end of next week.

im very Swearing AGAIN*d off.

it aint a special event unless the whole country gets some.

fedup with telling the kids there maybe some snow next week i dunno why i waist my breath,:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Snow chances in Leicestershire on Netweather's forecast is 92-95% throughout most of next week , dam line around 520 for most of the week as well. That says to me any showers will be of snow after Monday no matter what .

Hi Chris,

Here in Nuneaton i rarely get snow showers off the N.Sea in an Easterly unless it`s from an imbeded trough in the flow.

You are probably 25 miles or so further East so i guess that makes a difference sometimes.

I hope we get some troughs bringing the colder air behind and then maybe later some other minor disturbances as the cold air gets established.

By the look of those uppers from mid week it`s going to be really bitter though.

Posted

also at present its only for light snow :cold:

well here anyway

Be more of the drifting kind over in the East I would of thought

will the East be digging themselves out this week

Edited by dogs32

Posted

laugh.gif mine is 85% from Tuesday midday onwards. As if.

Bexleyheath is down for between 92% - 95% Monday night and all day Tuesday. Bring it on! laugh.gif

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

I think there is a decent chance where I am although I am not very high above sea level (about 22m) so it may be more marginal. Can I have some other thoughts please? :cold:

hi WhiteXmas there is still a chance there is only around 8 miles between us i think 50-50 chance we just need to hope that this easterly is strong enough

i hope i said that the right way? but interesting times ahead

Posted

Bexleyheath is down for between 92% - 95% Monday night and all day Tuesday. Bring it on! laugh.gif

lol.....that's odd Im in for 97% but you are :cold: East...

surely you should be down for more....like Oliver said to Mr Bumbles :oops:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Hi g-g well I would say you have a better chance with it being a lot higher up where you are.

Edited by WhiteXmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

hi WhiteXmas there is still a chance there is only around 8 miles between us i think 50-50 chance we just need to hope that this easterly is strong enough

i hope i said that the right way? but interesting times ahead

I'd certainly hope that, after meandering its way all the way to Glasgow, it could traverse another eight miles to Paisley??? :cold:

Posted

Hi g-g well I would say you have a better chance with it being a lot higher up where you are.

it could go either way for me as i am right under east Kilbride

1. i am too low and would get a few flakes

2. i would get drifting snow flowing down to me

50-50 chance for me also it will be a nervous wait

Posted

I'd certainly hope that, after meandering its way all the way to Glasgow, it could traverse another eight miles to Paisley??? :cold:

Me too! :oops:

Posted

Hi Chris,

Here in Nuneaton i rarely get snow showers off the N.Sea in an Easterly unless it`s from an imbeded trough in the flow.

You are probably 25 miles or so further East so i guess that makes a difference sometimes.

I hope we get some troughs bringing the colder air behind and then maybe later some other minor disturbances as the cold air gets established.

By the look of those uppers from mid week it`s going to be really bitter though.

Yes I think Hinckley is about the extent of most showers. I live in Narborough and showers here tend to chain together and kind of stay over us and move very little , they kind of snow them self out. Still if we do get what I am expecting it's only 2 stops on the train to Narborough and we got some good pubs and restaurants in the village :cold:

Posted

So, it's not climbed above 2c here today, with frost, ice and freezing fog after 8am this morning. This "cold spell" gonna see me have temps below 2c after 1pm, like today? Has happened here regularly recently - cold pocket of the UK is central region. Two -7's already this past month. Will -7 be beaten soon ?

Posted

ramp

Dail Mail

WEATHER: BRITAIN SET FOR ICY BLAST

The Met Office warned that temperatures could drop overnight to as low as -7C in parts of northern England and central Scotland.

And independent forecaster Jonathan Powell of Positive Weather Solutions said that the prospects of a white Christmas are “looking favourable”.

But Mr Powell, who bases his forecasts on matching historic and current weather patterns, said: “The chances of some parts of the UK seeing a white Christmas are beginning to look favourable, as a cold pool of Arctic air pushes down the country, introducing some sustained chilly and frosty weather.

DAILY STAR

WEATHER EXPERTS PREDICT SNOW ON CHRISTMAS DAY

Edited by dogs32

Posted
yahoo.gif If the GFS run came of it would give some serious snowfall from about Birmingham north wards.

Posted

ramp

Dail Mail

WEATHER: BRITAIN SET FOR ICY BLAST

The Met Office warned that temperatures could drop overnight to as low as -7C in parts of northern England and central Scotland.

Already had those temps - Daily Fail didn't report it though :cold:

Posted

Already had those temps - Daily Fail didn't report it though :cold:

Dail Star going for

WEATHER EXPERTS PREDICT SNOW ON CHRISTMAS DAY

But last night the Met Office was refusing to commit itself to forecasts of a white Christmas after taking flak over its disastrous prediction of a “barbecue summer.”

Edited by dogs32