Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell Discussion 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

He said that continental Europe will experience it's first severe cold spell of the season, and 'he' will need to keep an eye as to if and when it might affect our weather.

Thanks!

Sounds reasonable to me. At least he isn't sticking his neck out like Kirkwood and Bett did. What I find amusing is that one or both of them must be wrong!

Posted

Dail Star going for

WEATHER EXPERTS PREDICT SNOW ON CHRISTMAS DAY

But last night the Met Office was refusing to commit itself to forecasts of a white Christmas after taking flak over its disastrous prediction of a “barbecue summer.”

It was very reliable source within the MetO....... Carl the cleaner, stated that whilst emptying the bins, he found a screwed up piece of paper, with the Christmas Day forecast scribbled upon it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Yes I think Hinckley is about the extent of most showers. I live in Narborough and showers here tend to chain together and kind of stay over us and move very little , they kind of snow them self out. Still if we do get what I am expecting it's only 2 stops on the train to Narborough and we got some good pubs and restaurants in the village smile.gif

Yeah Chris i have in the past been on the train to Leicester ,so Narborough i know.

Mind you knowing my luck the trains wont run if there`s 1 cm snow on the line past Hinckley,lol.

I am actually just North of Nuneaton- only 1 mile from Hartshill Hayes Country park and around there it`s around 600ft above sea level so any snow can linger in a marginal situation and it`s a little deeper than here very often.

Can look lovely in deep snow,hopefully i will post some pics if we get some good snow.

Anyway enough of my ramblings but the cold pattern does look set now,it`s just down to the detail.smiliz64.gif

Regards,Phil

Edited by phil n.warks.

Posted

we need a low to nicely develope and be engulfed in this cold air to get a large dumping..

If Im reading things correct we or most will ONLY get light shower's or flurries :lol:

Then again we are in the early stages of development's

thats how Im reading or seeing things at present..plz tell me how wrong I am so I can get my sledge out

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Does anyone else find it ironic the the press accuse Met-offices press release summer forecast as being disastrous, when actually, much the time, the press tend to write the biggest load of rubbish there is? :lol:

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

Does anyone else find it ironic the the press accuse Met-offices press release summer forecast as being disastrous, when actually, much the time, the press tend to write the biggest load of rubbish there is? :lol:

that's why i don't read the trash they print in papers these days not worth the paper its printed on

Posted

I agree, one only as to look at their coverage on AGW!! :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

that's why i don't read the trash they print in papers these days not worth the paper its printed on

All good fodder for the brain-dead majority. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Spot on Stephen....how many times do they hype things up out of perportion..

Last feb was the ICE AGE :D

Daily Crap exclusive: Snowball Earth!!! :lol:

I agree, one only as to look at their coverage on AGW!! :D

I thought they were Spot On??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :p:good::p

Posted

Yes and you are basing that on what?

hi im basing it on all the winters of the past five to six years thay all been mild and verry little in the way of cold and snow i dont count two or three days of snow as a nmajor event do u?espechely wen the temps recover to norm and that is are winter two snow days?mmmm a tad ott i think.

Posted

Daily Crap exclusive: Snowball Earth!!! :good:

lol.....the programme they made on the snow for last FEB was over the top to extreme...

Dont know if any can remember it but it was like we were all going to freeze to death...Forget about global warming :lol:

anyway Im down for 25,000 flakes this week I think Pete your down for 15,000

lol

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

So what is the state of play now? Has there been the dreaded downgrade? or, are we still in line for a potent blast from the east?

For us in the south , downgrade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Slight downgrade (especially for the south) but nothing for cold/snow lovers to be too concerned about... yet.

Posted

lol.....the programme they made on the snow for last FEB was over the top to extreme...

Dont know if any can remember it but it was like we were all going to freeze to death...Forget about global warming :lol:

anyway Im down for 25,000 flakes this week I think Pete your down for 15,000

lol

Well dogs, even 15,000 flakes'll be better than last winter's pathetic performance...The Press has no sense of proportion!! :good:

Posted

Yeah Chris i have in the past been on the train to Leicester ,so Narborough i know.

Mind you knowing my luck the trains wont run if there`s 1 cm snow on the line past Hinckley,lol.

I am actually just North of Nuneaton- only 1 mile from Hartshill Hayes Country park and around there it`s around 600ft above sea level so any snow can linger in a marginal situation and it`s a little deeper than here very often.

Can look lovely in deep snow,hopefully i will post some pics if we get some good snow.

Anyway enough of my ramblings but the cold pattern does look set now,it`s just down to the detail.smiliz64.gif

Regards,Phil

Well i'm sure most of us will spend more time on here when it is snowing than actually enjoying it , but what I think we need adding to Netweather in these situations is a live chat room , it would be much better rather than millions of off comment posts in a forum . And on the next update would be cool if some work could be done on the messenger system , maybe making it a bit more like facebook , so if you want to say something off topic to someone you can just click on there name and have an instant chat.

Posted

So what is the state of play now? Has there been the dreaded downgrade? or, are we still in line for a potent blast from the east?

Welcome to the madhouse, azumin...It would help if you added your location to your profile...Like: where are you? :lol:

Posted

Welcome to the madhouse, azumin...It would help if you added your location to your profile...Like: where are you? :lol:

Thanks for the welcome:). I'm from the land of the bogs and the little people:)

Posted

According to metcheck Dorset is to expect 346mph winds and feel like minus 20c on Thursday 17th December and -22c on wednesday and on the Monday 14th the winds are suposed to whip up from 11mph to 90mph in a couple of hours!!!!! haha :lol: :lol: :good::rofl:

Anyway, looking forward to some nice cold weather at last next week :lol:

Posted

Based on the gfs charts I have seen...

From Monday night to Friday I would say the high-risk areas of significant (affecting transport) snow fall, from frequent light to moderate snow showers in England will be:

• East Yorkshire (Yorkshire wolds would be bad)
  • North Yorkshire East of the Pennines (North york moors would be particularly bad near the coast) goes from sea level to 250m + very quickly.
  • The North East coast (east facing hills will be bad)
  • Lincolnshire and Humberside
  • Norfolk
  • All the south east and south coast

Also note that at times (when upper temps are higher) the coast maybe too warm for snow (because of the north sea) and it will be a sleet, rain and snow mix!, inland from the coast it should be of snow from Monday until Friday.

My thoughts just for Fun! and details will change! The thoughts are biased to my area! but I do think North York Moors and Yorkshire wolds have the best chance of seeing significant snow from this event.

Posted

Cant be game over yet its Only Thursday.

This happened this FEB as we all went backwards and forward's with the charts

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Based on the gfs charts I have seen...

From Monday night to Friday I would say the high-risk areas of significant (affecting transport) snow fall, from frequent light to moderate snow showers in England will be:

• East Yorkshire (Yorkshire wolds would be bad)
  • North Yorkshire East of the Pennines (North york moors would be particularly bad near the coast) goes from sea level to 250m + very quickly.
  • The North East coast (east facing hills will be bad)
  • Lincolnshire and Humberside
  • Norfolk
  • All the south east and south coast

Also note that at times (when upper temps are higher) the coast maybe too warm for snow (because of the north sea) and it will be a sleet, rain and snow mix!, inland from the coast it should be of snow from Monday until Friday.

My thoughts just for Fun! and details will change! The thoughts are biased to my area! but I do think North York Moors and Yorkshire wolds have the best chance of seeing significant snow from this event.

I would include the East Midlands in that without a dount.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Cant be game over yet its Only Thursday.

This happened this FEB as we all went backwards and forward's with the charts

So there is hope I might wake up Tuesday to a foot+ of snow again? :D