Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

East Anglia And South East England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

The gritters in cental London are all on alert tonight, with action needed. This basically means the roads and bridges will be treated. :lol: Sometimes they only go in after midnight (my hubby does the footway gritting). I feel for those who have to work outdoors... Im one of them!:rolleyes:

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Ah, in a pub all Thursday afternoon hopefully watching the snow fall then off all day Friday to play with my son in snow then pub again Friday. Happy times - hopefully!

Edited by Roadrunner

Posted

haha, is anyone watching anglia tonight, with the school having snow delivered from the local ski center to the play ground?? suprised its been allowed with health and safty and all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

hi all very new to this and fully appreciate all members comments as i haven't a clue on moddle watching. have to say after watching the 6.30 weather forecast on bbc noticed how it looked almost identical to that in feb when we got the streamer any thoughts on this or am i way off the mark

Posted

latest bbc forecast for thursday looks brillian

to me after seeing the 6.30 weather and just seing those fax charts looks like south east could be in for alot of snow between tommorow afternoon and friday midday wouldnt suprise me if some hiller areas se 20cm by midday fri!

Posted

BBC Forecast had snow showers feeding right through to Surrey-Hampshire. Hopefully Biggin Hill Kent at 650ft will have all snow falling until Saturday afternoon. Max of 2c Friday is to high apart from the City centers :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Look East has just started - I am looking forward to seeing the local forecast.

The Anglia Weather forecast looked very good. In nutshell:

Light patchy snow tomorrow, more so the further North

More snow Thursday/Friday - 5-10cm

Brighter by Saturday

Return to heavier snow on Sunday

Most days showed a max of 1C and mins of -2C to -4C

Posted

Look East has just started - I am looking forward to seeing the local forecast.

Make sure you give us a summary

I'll watch the BBC London forecast and report back!....not that their forecasts from yesterevening we're particularly near the mark!

Posted

The gritters in cental London are all on alert tonight, with action needed. This basically means the roads and bridges will be treated. :D Sometimes they only go in after midnight (my hubby does the footway gritting). I feel for those who have to work outdoors... Im one of them!:cold:

That's correct. Gritters are on alert tonight and for a few days as well. Here in the Borough of Croydon, new and improved gritters are in place with surplus of salt.

Posted

That's correct. Gritters are on alert tonight and for a few days as well. Here in the Borough of Croydon, new and improved gritters are in place with surplus of salt.

Hi Yamkin... We were supposed to have our company christmas party on Friday, looks like that will have to be postponed as all the guys will be out gritting for the next few days! We also have ensured a surplus of grit is available this winter! :D Lets hope we get that fantastic Thames streamer in place :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

well what a forecast peter even giving a bit of a ramp snow sleet then rain tommorow but thurs fri didn't want to show graphics but looks good

Posted

well what a forecast peter even giving a bit of a ramp snow sleet then rain tommorow but thurs fri didn't want to show graphics but looks good

That basically is the same forecast KLP gave on SE weather

Edited by k66yla

Posted

Quick Summary from BBC London:

Tomorrow - Sleet/Snow falling onto frozen surfaces, potential for icy conditions, turning to rain in the afternoon (questionable in my opinion). An icy night to come with snow melt/rain on the roads

Thursday/Friday - Snow Showers, with the heaviest falls across beds, herts, essex and kent, with the heaviest falls overnight thursday and into friday morning

SK

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Sweeeeeeeeet!

Kaddy : South east england had the coldest of the weather last night , temps of -6 or lower in some areas. Tonight -5 or -6! .... Tomorrow Snow in the afternoon , turning to sleet or rain but thursday when the fun begins. Snow for thursday and friday with accumilations of 5-10cm. Don't be supprised to hear of distruption.

:cold: