Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Welsh Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

hehe we all want it so bad but we're in quite a lucky place in the Uk for snow personally Wales always does well don't you think? Maybe this time we will be punished :drinks:

Posted

hehe we all want it so bad but we're in quite a lucky place in the Uk for snow personally Wales always does well don't you think? Maybe this time we will be punished :drinks:

We've done well in recent years haven't we? Oh well, it's up to the snow Gods...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very good potential, lets hope we get snowed in on Christmas day, more of an excuse to drink, eat and be merry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

lol just imagine if this was all a tv progamme on xmas day u copen your curtains you see a whole covering people would be like what?! WHAT!

TO BE CONTINUED lol

Any way fantastic run I think we should all raise our glasses :drinks:

But as other people have said it's a long way off but anything can happen lets hope THIS happens

I've got snowflakes outside my house to bring in the snow!!!

I think we should all do the snow dance one two three...:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

lets keep it going folks!!!

Posted

I've got snowflakes outside my house to bring in the snow!!!

Woooooooohoooooooo! :drinks::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

My thought on the current situation,

Ar hen o bryd, Dwi'n meddwl ( at the moment, I think)

Yfory Bydd glaw yn falle trwyiau i eira dros y noson yn gymos ac yr bryniau, gyda awyr oearh yn ymladd o Dwyrian. (Tomorrow night rain will/might turn to snow, especially on the hills, as colder air spreads from the east.)

Dydd Iau Ysbeidiau Heulog gyda falle cawodydd o eira yn y prynhawn ac heno. (On Thursday, Sunny intervals with snow showers possible in the afternoon and especially evening, with the chance of more prolonged snow edging in from the east later.)

Dydd Gwener Bydd dydd yn oer iawn gyda Heulog ar ol y rhewi dechrau i dydd. (Friday is likely to be sunny, after a frosty start to the day.)

Rydwi'n Gobeithio dros y penwyhnos cyfle gwych o eira dros Gymru, yn Gymos yn yr Dwyrian o front, mae'n awyr yn falle rhy dwym yn y "warm sector" i eira. Ar ol Hanner Nos, Bydd law ac eiralw wedi disgwyl trwyiau nol i Eira i pawb. Yn ystod dydd Sul, Bydd Cawodydd Eira trwm yn disgwyl yn gymos yn a Gogledd ac Gorllewin Gymru.

( O hope during the weekend there is a good chance of snow across Wales, especially from eastern areas from the front, as there is likely to be a warm sector in western areas, which may unfortunately mean rain instead of snow, if you look at the Dew points they are likely to be above zero. However after midnight, temps are likely to fall back, and any snow should readily tun back to snow. During Sunday Heavy snow showers can be expected especially in northern and western areas.)

I Dydd Llun, y cycle gwych i Eira Trwm, bydd temherydd yn tua rhew point, gyda precipitation trwm, Cyfle Bendigedig o Eira Trym, one cyle gyda models yn newid cyn fi.

For Monday, there is a very good chance of heavy snow, with temperatures and dewpoints around freezing, there is an excellent chance of heavy snow, however the models may change before this happens.

Wnewch tywydd oer yn cadw i Dydd Nadolig, wel Sdim Gybod, ond yn cyfle yn codi ar hen o bryd.

(Will the cold weather stay until Christmas Day, well I don't know but the chances are increasing at the moment.)

Posted

Hmm...Could you translate that? :)

Posted

Ar hen o bryd, Dwi'n meddwl ( at the moment, I think)

Yfory Bydd glaw yn falle trwyiau i eira dros y noson yn gymos ac yr bryniau, gyda awyr oearh yn ymladd o Dwyrian. (Tomorrow night rain will/might turn to snow, especially on the hiulls, as colder air spreads from the east.)

Dydd Iau Ysbeidiau Heulog gyda falle cawodydd o eira yn y prynhawn ac heno. (On Thursday, Sunny intervals with snow showers possible in the afternoon and especially evening, with the chance of more prolonged snow edging in from the east later.)

Dydd Gwener Bydd dydd yn oer iawn gyda Heulog ar ol y rhewi dechrau i dydd. (Friday is likely to be sunny, after a frosty start to the day.)

Rydwi'n Gobeithio dros y penwyhnos cyfle gwych o eira dros Gymru, yn Gymos yn yr Dwyrian o front, mae'n awyr yn falle rhy dwym yn y "warm sector" i eira. Ar ol Hanner Nos, Bydd law ac eiralw wedi disgwyl trwyiau nol i Eira i pawb. Yn ystod dydd Sul, Bydd Cawodydd Eira trwm yn disgwyl yn gymos yn a Gogledd ac Gorllewin Gymru.

( O hope during the weekend there is a good chance of snow across Wales, especially from eastern areas from the front, as there is likely to be a warm sector in western areas, which may unfortunate;y may rain instead of snow, if you look at the Dew points they are likely to be above zero. However after midnight, temps are likely to fall back, and any snow should readily tun back to snow. During Sunday Heavy snow showers can be expected especially in northern and western areas.)

I Dydd Llun, y cycle gwych i Eira Trwm, bydd temherydd yn tua rhew point, gyda precipitation trwm, Cyfle Bendigedig of Eira Trym, one cyle gyda models yn newid cyn fi.

For Monday, there is a very good chance of heavy snow, with temperatures and dewpoints around freezing, there is an excellent chance of heavy snow, however the models may change before this happens.

Wnch tywydd oer yn cadw i Dydd Nadolig, wel Sdim Gybod, ond yn cyfle yn codi atr hen o bryd.

(Will the cold weather stay until Christmas Day, well I don't know but the chances are increasing at the moment. )

Gwych Tywydd Dwyieithog :)

Mae dy Gymraeg di'n dda doeddwn i ddim yn gwybod dy fod ti'n siarad Cymraeg Jackone Chware teg i ti,

Mae'r rhagolygon i'w weld yn gwych felly ondyn nhw. Rwy'n disgwyl ymlaen nawr :) Diolch i ti gyfaill

Gwych Tywydd Dwyieithog :)

Mae dy Gymraeg di'n dda doeddwn i ddim yn gwybod dy fod ti'n siarad Cymraeg Jackone Chware teg i ti,

Mae'r rhagolygon i'w weld yn gwych felly ondyn nhw. Rwy'n disgwyl ymlaen nawr :) Diolch i ti gyfaill

Wi'n gallu siarad dipyn bach o Cymraeg ers gadael Ysgol. Ond Wi'n dysgu cymraeg mewn gwaith ar hen o byd.

Ond Os Gwelech yn dda, Dych chi'n dweud popeth yn saesneg yn y forum gyda Cymraeg.

I have been able to say a bit of Welsh since leaving school, and I am learning welsh through Work at the moment.

Also please,can you say everything in English as well as welsh on the forum, to be fair to other contributors.

Posted

Wi'n gallu siarad dipyn bach o Cymraeg ers gadael Ysgol. Ond Wi'n dysgu cymraeg mewn gwaith ar hen o byd.

Ond Os Gwelech yn dda, Dych chi'n dweud popeth yn saesneg yn y forum gyda Cymraeg.

I have been able to say a bit of Welsh since leaving school, and I am learning welsh through Work at the moment.

Also please,can you say everything in English as well as welsh on the forum, to be fair to other contributors.

Iawn dim problem :) Mae'n ddrwg da fi :) neis cael y cyfle i siarad Cymraeg yma nid yw fy ngramadeg Saesneg mor dda a'm Cymraeg, Mae Net Weather yn wych, A pwy a wyr falle yn y dyfodol gallwn cael blog tywydd Cymraeg> Neu odw i'n gofyn gormod hehe:) Pob lwc i ti gyda'r dysgu os am unrhyw help gyda unrhyw beth, Jyst danfon neges i fi, Adamjones416@aol.com

Yes that's fine, Sorry lol :) Nice to have the oppertunity to speak Welsh here my English grammer isn't as good as my Welsh. Net Weather is Brilliant, and who knows maybe in the future we could have a Weather blog in Welsh? Or am I asking to much hehe :). All the best with re-learning Welsh, If you want any help with anything, just send a message to me :),

Posted

Diolch am y cyfraniad JACKONE.

Thanks for the input JACKONE.

Dreading disappointment in the runs when I wake up, but we shall see :lol:

Same Shaun Same, it's happened all too much before hasn't it

Posted

Same Shaun Same, it's happened all too much before hasn't it

Yep :lol:

I'm off to bed, good night and let's pray for good runs later on today.

Sorry for being pessimistic (remember being told off for it by you in the previous winter :D)

Iawn dim problem :lol: Mae'n ddrwg da fi :D neis cael y cyfle i siarad Cymraeg yma nid yw fy ngramadeg Saesneg mor dda a'm Cymraeg, Mae Net Weather yn wych, A pwy a wyr falle yn y dyfodol gallwn cael blog tywydd Cymraeg> Neu odw i'n gofyn gormod hehe:) Pob lwc i ti gyda'r dysgu os am unrhyw help gyda unrhyw beth, Jyst danfon neges i fi, Adamjones416@aol.com

Yes that's fine, Sorry lol :) Nice to have the oppertunity to speak Welsh here my English grammer isn't as good as my Welsh. Net Weather is Brilliant, and who knows maybe in the future we could have a Weather blog in Welsh? Or am I asking to much hehe :). All the best with re-learning Welsh, If you want any help with anything, just send a message to me :),

Dim broblem. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Yup i can see the higher dewpoints for Late sat early sun now.

Probably because of the Westerly addition to the flow coming off the sea:

http://charts.netwea.../102/ukwind.png

You can see it keeps the dewpoints up in W/SW Wales slightly:

http://www.wetterzen...s/Rmgfs1028.gif

As the flow straightens out coming right from the North then dewpoints will drop again, hopefully in time while there is precipitation around.

backedge snow seems most likely though.

Anyway its going to change in the coming days i bet, hopefully for the better :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Hi Guys,

Looking at the charts and general model dicussion consensus this morning - it is going to stay cold and get very cold over the next several days. Wales - well I am afraid the initial outlook until Sunday is - DRY !! We cannot have snow without precipitation - there is no track to Wales over the next 96hours - and the only hope we have is a stronger wind to push ppn our way.

The set up, however is super - and as I know from many years ago - as long as we are in a very cold regime - we can always get surprises at short notice with shower activity regularly changing track. Therefore, if we hang in there and stay warm (in person, not weather!!) I am convinced we will get what we want.

JK

Posted

If only conditions were right later today when that front passes over us :acute: Anyway the weekend better.

Maybe first PPN as snow tomorrow for some will:

ukprec.png

With the 06z run Saturday's 528 is a little better IMO for West Wales:

hgt500-1000.png

So maybe most of Wales will see some snow with the fronts.

Just wait to see where the 528 is with the FAX soon.

Edited by shaunwales

Posted

Yes that's a bit of an upgrade and in a reliable time frame aswell. Let's hope today's front frows a little suprise? I've got a feeling it could temp is currently -0.6 here not sure of the dp but its surly favourable for snow.

Posted

Of course you might see something wintry Adam anytime now surely?

The only thing I FEAR GREATLY is the Dew Point over the next week. I hope it won't let me down...

Edited by shaunwales

Posted

Well we had sleet yesterday in Ammanford not sure about back home in Glanaman most likely though, And i dont know the sun is shinning here be it hazy its still shinning :D

Question

How come the GFS is literally saying snow for wales everyday for the next couple of days, yet go on the met office and it shows sunny days.

The Metoffice can't stick their neck out with any forecast unless its mild because it falls back on them if their seen as wrong, Where as their mentioning snow just not how much etc is promising because then if worse comes to worse and we get deep settling snow, they can say that snow was forecast they were just unsure of how much, Its all down to the wording of their forecasts. Plus they use their own models to determine the weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

GFS 06Z shows the dewpoints holding up for Wales as the front comes down from the North later on Saturday:

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs848.gif

They do drop eventually so some rain turning to snow seems possible.

Posted

GFS 06Z shows the dewpoints holding up for Wales as the front comes down from the North later on Saturday:

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs848.gif

They do drop eventually so some rain turning to snow seems possible.

Aww... :(

Looks like Sleet at best if I'm lucky for me with those Dews. Why are they holding up..?

Posted

Thanks for you're thoughts Jackone. I agree with most, with just one exception regarding the snow showers in the NW'erly. My experiance with these is that only the north of Wales do well as the showers filter down the Cheshire gap. NW England could get a pasting.

Personally, I hope when the breakdown does occur it comes from the south or SW as Jan '82, this I think gives my location its best chance of a significant snow event in this type of set up.

410_uk_d5_tn.jpg

The latest Mets advisory illustrates exactly waht I was saying about the chances of southern Wales in a NW'erly...it needs more of a northerly element to it to drive the showers down the Irish Sea or north to south through the country.