Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

John don't get involved I for one do try and read all and learn as time goes on but also dislike people who post every 5 mins thinking they Know everything as we all know they are getting a bit excited because of a small or large amount of snow

Stick with us John

Don't lose faith some of us do try and learn and listen........

Ian

i completely agree . John is the best thing about Netweather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Well considering last night started at like -2c and rose through the evening - waking up to no frost. Tonight's temperature is tropical. :shok::D

It's certainly in no way out-of-the-ordinary for a december overnight period. Perhaps intermittant cloud cover is taking the edge off - I also suspect North Sea SSTs having a moderating influence, at least in my location.

Edited by Just Before Dawn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Can't see the moon must be around the other side - seems to be a bright sky, is it a full moon tonight?

Edited by rikki

Posted

i completely agree . John is the best thing about Netweather.

I agree too, his forecasts are fantastic and his general all round experience is fantastic, i always read his blog, just wish sometimes he would communicate a little better with me instead of putting his slipper round my lughole. I suppose he's just trying to check us young'uns in line.

You forgot another very important person though, "Paul" without him net-weather would not be what it is now.

I want to apologize if i came across as "arrogant" tonight, i have been called fat, and a**hole the lot tonight, but i really didn't think i was annoying peeps that much.

If you want me to shut up and stop posting i will do it, if i really am spoiling the thread as someone posted earlier. I get excited a lot i admit.

Lewis

Posted

I agree too, his forecasts are fantastic and his general all round experience is fantastic, i always read his blog, just wish sometimes he would communicate a little better with me instead of putting his slipper round my lughole. I suppose he's just trying to check us young'uns in line.

You forgot another very important person though, "Paul" without him net-weather would not be what it is now.

I want to apologize if i came across as "arrogant" tonight, i have been called fat, and a**hole the lot tonight, but i really didn't think i was annoying peeps that much.

If you want me to shut up and stop posting i will do it, if i really am spoiling the thread as someone posted earlier. I get excited a lot i admit.

Lewis

I don't think that's necessary Lewis - I like your enthusiasm, it's a counterweight to natural pessimists like myself, and who hasn't gone a touch ott on a messageboard like this from time to time - I know I have.

Perhaps a pm to John will straighten it all out? The ideal thread will have you both contributing.

Just had a quick look at the 18z (been watching City getting smacked by Spurs tonight - not in a good mood) and it doesn't look bad for our location does it? A potential improvement in ppn terms for Tomorrow at any rate - looks quite lively for higher ground too - somewhere like the Yorkshire Wolds might see some decent drifting too, once the snow starts to settle.

Posted

I don't think that's necessary Lewis - I like your enthusiasm, it's a counterweight to natural pessimists like myself, and who hasn't gone a touch ott on a messageboard like this from time to time - I know I have.

Perhaps a pm to John will straighten it all out? The ideal thread will have you both contributing.

Thanks JBD,

I sent John a private message about 20 mins ago, but no reply as of yet, i think he may have gone to bed, as it's going to be a busy day tomorrow for everyone, especially the mods and forecast team.

Lewis

Posted

Temperatures are now falling away nicely. Currently 3.1C here with a dewpoint of 1.1C. The -5C 850hPa isotherm will be passing over right about now, with the first showers appearing to the North.

The best chance of heavy snow is still Saturday afternoon/evening as that band of precipitation arrives from the North. There will be shower activity tomorrow, but with low pressure sitting over Northern France, south-eastern areas were always going to be more in the firing line. Thats not to say our area wont recieve snow - indeed, Id be very suprised if there wasnt a covering. The tighter isobars around the small feature over France means showers should penetrate further inland.

Posted

Thanks JBD,

I sent John a private message about 20 mins ago, but no reply as of yet, i think he may have gone to bed, as it's going to be a busy day tomorrow for everyone, especially the mods and forecast team.

Lewis

Yeah, I'm at work tomorrow, so I should be hitting the sack, yet here I am......

It always does this to me, Winter.

Weather Station now reading just over 3c, so that's come down a fair bit in the last hour or so. Largely as a result of the sky clearing I think. Radar showing a little light ppn well out over the north sea at the moment that may come onshore around 2:30-3am, so hopefully by that time temps will have dropped away enough for a little light snow.

Ha! Reef is slightly quicker to the draw!

Posted

Yeah, I'm at work tomorrow, so I should be hitting the sack, yet here I am......

It always does this to me, Winter.

Weather Station now reading just over 3c, so that's come down a fair bit in the last hour or so. Largely as a result of the sky clearing I think. Radar showing a little light ppn well out over the north sea at the moment that may come onshore around 2:30-3am, so hopefully by that time temps will have dropped away enough for a little light snow.

Ha! Reef is slightly quicker to the draw!

Yeah as Reef said, temps and dews will drop rapidly now as the cooler 850's hit.

My current conditions in the damp back garden in Hull :yahoo:;

Rel.Pressure: 972.7 hPa

Temperature: 5.4c

Dew Point: 2.1c and dropping

Humidity: 79%

Wind ENE @ 0.7 m/s

Lewis

Posted

wonder if my part of doncaster will see some good snow :wallbash:

I would say you will see some snow showers today around 5-9pm and then early hours of Friday giving a covering, and then i think Saturday your in a perfect position for some heavy prolonged snow pushing S from the North.

Lewis

Time for me to hit the deck, come sun rise it's going to be busy from the word go!

Good night Net-Weather :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I've moved my webcam to point at a streetlamp. Link in my sig.

The image is the best I can get it and will upload when I am online only.

Posted

The fun's started. Snow shower in Leeds at about 2am.

Yeh on way back from Oceana and Taxi driver said he sore wintry showers in headlamps, nothing worth shouting about though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

We have quite an impressive flurry up here in sheffield, (Lodgemoor 1000 asl ) got up at six A.M and they are nice big flakes. Kids are well impressed and rather giddy. :whistling:

Posted

No covering unfortunately, but had a brief heavy snow shower about 20 mins ago.

Temp: 0.8c (dropping)

Dew: 0.3c (dropping)

Edited by 10123

Posted

did i enter a time warp overnight, i am sure the forecast said snow and low and behold i wake up look outside and to my surprise its raining and the forecast is so poor regarding snow i must have slept through the cold spell. lol. but still heres hoping that was just a dream and i will go outside again and find a nice covering. just had a heavy hail shower so heres hoping the showers turn more to snow.

Edited by sparky1972

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Now this morning is a little more like it. Dew point of 0.8C and an air temp of 1.8C.

No snow though in this part of sheffield. Beeb forecast mnainly dry today local forecast snow. Take your pick.