Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

No one can predict exactly where showers will or wont be, its only a rough guideline.

Good point.Obviously things have changed for the worse today ,but this time tomorrow we could be looking at plenty of showers moving in from the north sea rather than just a few.Things could easily turn out much worse than currently forecast.

Posted

They will be snow showers about, but nothing prolonged enough to give accumulations accept for higher ground, the ground is just water logged with standing water here.

Unless it freeze's which i cannot see happening, then we may see some accumulations.

Lewis

I wouldnt worry about standing water or wetness too much, once it becomes cold enough for the snow to settle and the dew points are below zero, any surface water will soon go/freeze.

I remember years back when I went into morrisons xmas shopping, on the way in it was chucking it down with puddles everywhere, when I came out 45 mins later it was a blizzard with about 2 inches on the ground. truly amazing!

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Dam why am i so thick!!

Why the hell did i net check out the dew points on the 12z run!!! HAHAHA from 3am we have dew points over the humber (and me) even on the coast, at 0c or below from now until xmas day, check it out lol!!!

UPGRADE IN DEWS :blush:....

Everyone of us on here will get snow, and some areas a pasting, i'm going for 6 foot drifts for SUFC :lol: lol

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

Dam why am i so thick!!

Why the hell did i net check out the dew points on the 12z run!!! HAHAHA from 3am we have dew points over the humber (and me) even on the coast, at 0c or below from now until xmas day, check it out lol!!!

UPGRADE IN DEWS :lol:....

Im sure the temps and dew points will be fine for the rest of the week.All we'll be missing is the PPN :blush:

Posted

Im sure the temps and dew points will be fine for the rest of the week.All we'll be missing is the PPN :D

Precip will come my friend, lets all form a circle and pray :D

I wont go into graphical detail, but i told my good friend Kris Surtee whos a member on here, "this was last week" if we get more than 10cm i'll run outside naked and stick my bollucks on my next door neighbors window lmfao!

"Don't get on with me neighbors:)"

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

Dam why am i so thick!!

UPGRADE IN DEWS biggrin.gif....

Everyone of us on here will get snow, and some areas a pasting, i'm going for 6 foot drifts for SUFC tease.gif lol

That's the spirit :yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Having a laugh at netweather radar. Showers falling as snow. Dewpoint at 3.7C I don't think so.

Posted
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem

Was thinking the same. Dew Point 3.0c here and Red showing overhead on radar

Chris

This might have the measure of it then as it's only showing snow over the moors of Westmorland locally atm.

Posted

From now and mainly around 10pm onwards, your temp and dew should drop. By midnight your dew should be at 1c to freezing :)

I still think tomorrow night could be interesting mate, and if the showers are fairly frequent we could see a few cm's

by friday morning.

Posted

I still think tomorrow night could be interesting mate, and if the showers are fairly frequent we could see a few cm's

by friday morning.

Yup agree with you mate, waiting for the 18z now :)

btw, going by the 12z, we could see wind gusts tomorrow afternnon at around 45-50mph, with an easterly wow, knock our socks off, will feel bleak..

lewis

Posted

Lewis I have no idea whats going on with your thermometer but I have two sensors 1 Oregon Scientific and 1 Davis and both are within .1 of each other registering 4.7C ?? I live about 2 miles from you in Sutton ! :)

How very strange mate, what's your current dew point?

Regards

Lewis

Posted

Temp: 3.6c (dropping)

Dew point: 3.4c

I'm hoping to get a covering out of the next two days, it all really depends on how heavy the showers are, I'm confident the showers will make there way inland, they already have.

If i was to guess i would of thought around 3-5cm by Friday Night, if we can get a good line of showers merging together (which is common) then we could see anything from 5-10cm. The showers ATM are making it far West and dying out over the pennines, so anywhere east of the pennines could easily see a covering by the morning, the highest depths are likely well inland even if some places inland don't see all the showers, as the coldest temps are inland and some areas inland could well be seeing some snow in a few hours if that.

My concern is that places by the coast will see snow, but in between the showers temps may rise after the showers, due to the North Sea been so warm, not by much but above freezing which would make it harder to get any real depths.

Edited by 10123

Posted

According to WD software 1.9C

Umm, i do have a lot of terraces around me.

Could it be just heating around me? local heat..

it is 13 feet off the ground though on a fence, so maybe that is the problem.

I'm deffo gunna lower it after seeing your temps.

lewis

Posted

lewis

Had a look at the weather stations around Hull, and all 3 are reporting 6.c and the temps are starting to rise.

Posted

lewis

No idea mate but seems something is adrift - now down to 4.4c so its on the drop -mine are at about 1.7mtrs high and have both been functioning well for over 4 years.

Posted

18z brings the colder 850's in a little later at around 3pm, also the precipitation is delayed, but better placed for us and heavier.

Upto now really good upgrade..

Get them sledges ready everyone!!! The risk of heavy snow has just come across us again, swings and roundabouts.!!!

Game on, what a fantastic ENE'rly

:drinks: