Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, inc Snow and Wind

Haha that is so true!

I think its better just to have south east and west, cause the south is just a small place inbetween in everyones mind haha!:yahoo:

Exactly!

I would not know weather (I know) to put you in the South Central or South East!

What do you reckon you will get.... Rain, Sleet or Snow?

Dave

Posted

If nowt changes will be snow here. Dew point at 0.7 and temp at 1.1c.

That is the big IF... Lots of people reporting conditions changing as the band approaches!

Posted

I'm like right on the border of the 2! West sussex is only half a mile from where i am.

To be honest i'm not 100% sure now. The meto and BBC weather are saying heavy rain. But the current temperature here is -0.2c and rose to 2c around half an hour ago. I think this was due to the showers in the channel. So its cold enough for snow i think :wacko:

Posted

The South Central forum is really funny... No one in here.... Is it because everybody who is actually in the Central South is wanting to be in the South East?

lol

Dave - Bournemouth!

Oi! Get back in the South West thread, you're from Dorset!

South Central is a bit of a nondescript term...maybe it should just be "The Hampshire Thread"!:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Radar showing the system building up, it seems London and west of London that includes Reading should get some in next 30 min! Fingers crossed.

Posted

Indeed! Good luck!

I seem to be inline with the heavy stuff towards wales and the west country. Will probably be rain or sleet here :lol:

Posted

I'm here... just to make the numbers up, as I feel our class is being picked on.

No Snow so far, apart from gutter drifts...lol

I hope tonight delivers at least something as the precipitation shown on radar, whilst short lived is better than the dusting I stayed up for the other night.

Here's to a drift as Michael McIntyre Said "you can only wake a woman for two things, a celebrity death, or snow..." can only pray for one of those.

Steve

Posted

I'm here... just to make the numbers up, as I feel our class is being picked on.

No Snow so far, apart from gutter drifts...lol

I hope tonight delivers at least something as the precipitation shown on radar, whilst short lived is better than the dusting I stayed up for the other night.

Here's to a drift as Michael McIntyre Said "you can only wake a woman for two things, a celebrity death, or snow..." can only pray for one of those.

Steve

I would go for the celebrity death! lol

Posted

Oi! Get back in the South West thread, you're from Dorset!

South Central is a bit of a nondescript term...maybe it should just be "The Hampshire Thread"!pardon.gif

I think it would perhaps make more sense if people defined their "region" by what TV region they are in, as local weather forecasts etc are often discussed.

So by that reckoning much of Dorset (from Weymouth eastwards) should be in the "south central" thread, as should southern & eastern Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, south west Surrey, West Sussex & the Isle of Wight. Obviously you will get some people that can receive more than one TV region, but they can flit between different regions! Even here in Portsmouth we could be classed as "south east" (all of Hampshire could) but we have very little in common with Essex etc, just as people in eastern Dorset probably lhave little in common with Cornwall.

By the way it's 4C (39F) here & starting to cloud over.

Posted

snowing very heavily here and big flat flakes too. Can't see it lasting too long but seems to have intensified somewhat since comign over this way

Posted

I think we are just so convinced that it isn't going to be a big deal, that talking about it being so, is no fun..

Booo. it might happen

but not tonight...lol

Steve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Yippe! snowing nicely now in (Woodley) Reading, lets see how long this lasts!

Posted

Ahh send some down here!

Currently 2c and completly clouded over now

I'm really doubtful that we will see anything other than rain here, it's 4C (39F) in Southsea & the tiny bits of snow that were left in my back garden (in the shade) have now all melted sad.gif Even the snow that was being forecast earlier for southern areas on Monday as now been changed to rain on the BBC forecast mad.gif

Posted

I think it would perhaps make more sense if people defined their "region" by what TV region they are in, as local weather forecasts etc are often discussed.

So by that reckoning much of Dorset (from Weymouth eastwards) should be in the "south central" thread, as should southern & eastern Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, south west Surrey, West Sussex & the Isle of Wight. Obviously you will get some people that can receive more than one TV region, but they can flit between different regions! Even here in Portsmouth we could be classed as "south east" (all of Hampshire could) but we have very little in common with Essex etc, just as people in eastern Dorset probably lhave little in common with Cornwall.

By the way it's 4C (39F) here & starting to cloud over.

Hmmm...but the Meto likes to think differently - we're clearly in the South West as far as that is concerned. So it's all swings and roundabouts. I consider myself South Western to be honest, but hey, that's me! I'd rather get news from Cornwall than, say, Berkshire, because there are some pan-South West issues that will include us (and BBC South probs wouldn't worry much)! :D

And Essex is East Anglia anyway :D - personally, I think that thread should be split 3 ways - London, East Anglia and South East (Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, Berkshire). Happy days! 8)

Posted

I'm really doubtful that we will see anything other than rain here, it's 4C (39F) in Southsea & the tiny bits of snow that were left in my back garden (in the shade) have now all melted sad.gif Even the snow that was being forecast earlier for southern areas on Monday as now been changed to rain on the BBC forecast mad.gif

I still have my un touched snow from Friday in tack, very strange. Its not melting at all at the moment. Had reports of snow at Hinehead just up the A3. Something is on its way, and remember that before snow, temperatures do rise quite a bit, just hopefully not too much!

Posted

I still have my un touched snow from Friday in tack, very strange. Its not melting at all at the moment. Had reports of snow at Hinehead just up the A3. Something is on its way, and remember that before snow, temperatures do rise quite a bit, just hopefully not too much!

yeah all mines melted now, where abouts in pompey are ya ??

Posted

Hmmm...but the Meto likes to think differently - we're clearly in the South West as far as that is concerned. So it's all swings and roundabouts. I consider myself South Western to be honest, but hey, that's me! I'd rather get news from Cornwall than, say, Berkshire, because there are some pan-South West issues that will include us (and BBC South probs wouldn't worry much)! pardon.gif

And Essex is East Anglia anyway tongue.gif - personally, I think that thread should be split 3 ways - London, East Anglia and South East (Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, Berkshire). Happy days! dirol.gif

Fair enough, but Verwood is only just over the border into Dorset, surely news from Hampshire is going to be far more relevant to you than from Cornwall as it's your "local" news (as is news from Bournemouth, which actually used to be in Hampshire!), would be the same as me, lumped into the south east by the Met Office, thinking that London news would be of interest.

BBC South seem to cover Dorset very well (from what I have seen) but yes Berkshire news isn't really of interest to me either to be honest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

we still got snow here im only up the road,

you must be in a sunny bit lol.

no im sure this will be the last of our 1 night of snow with this band being sleet melting it away.

shame id loved to of had a white christmas anyway looks like gonna have to wait another 20years if im still alive lol.

perhapes where have another cold shot in january.:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Well i say Portsmouth, but I'm acutally In havant, just people from around other areas have no clue where that is haha!

im in leigh park still got snow o the roofs and i the garden front and back.

feels very cold out there tonight.

Posted

We need to watch whats coming down thats North west of here cause from the looks of it, its heading this way. But telling what it is? Well that will be difficult.